• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A look inside the New 3DS

Oregano

EDIT:Original source

I saw this on Gonintendo and it doesn't seem to have posted yet so I figured I might as well go ahead. The article is in French but there's an imgur album there with numerous photos of the innards. Click Here
SJg4X6E.jpg

I know next to nothing about this stuff but hopefully someone can get some use out of this.

Release only in Japan and Australia if old.

Phazon

If anyone can find something on SAMSUNG KLM4G1YEQC-B301 or has information about it, that would be greatly appreciated I think. Google doesn't give us anything.

GameE

I saw this yesterday but didnt feel like making a thread.

Since there are metal cases on the main circuit, the main memory can’t be seen. Therefore rumors about the memory can’t be confirmed at this time. One thing that can be seen, however, is “SAMSUNG KLM4G1YEQC-B301″. That’s the same model number as chips used in smartphones. It’s more than possible then that 4GB eMMC NAND flash memory is included. To compare, the original 3DS features Toshiba’s 2GB NAND memory.

http://nintendoeverything.com/a-look-inside-the-new-3ds/

wiibomb

ok since this quote was posted a little post above

Since there are metal cases on the main circuit, the main memory can’t be seen. Therefore rumors about the memory can’t be confirmed at this time. One thing that can be seen, however, is “SAMSUNG KLM4G1YEQC-B301″. That’s the same model number as chips used in smartphones. It’s more than possible then that 4GB eMMC NAND flash memory is included. To compare, the original 3DS features Toshiba’s 2GB NAND memory.

EDIT: I'm dumb.. there's no certainty of the amount of RAM on the New 3DS as I know

wiibomb

How big a difference are the loading times between the new one and the 3ds xl?

the one test I saw was for MH4G, 42 sec vs 10 sec, however I find that an unfair comparison since that game, as well as smash must make a rearrange of the internal memory of the 3DS, and all other games don't not do that..

the reason because it loads a lot faster on the new 3DS is because the games doesn't need to make more space in the internal memory of the new 3ds, it already has plenty

NolbertoS

Anybody could tell if the Motherboard is good enough to run SNES, GBA, and N-64 emulation?? Want to at least know if its a possibility.

wiibomb

Anybody could tell if the Motherboard is good enough to run SNES, GBA, and N-64 emulation?? Want to at least know if its a possibility.

wasn't the CPU the same, but with more cores now? because if that's the case then GBA would be the same as before (take the ambassadors games as a reference), so no emulation, just a kinda forced emulation..

SNES could very well be emulated on the original 3DS as I think I know, but the N64 I think is a lot more complicated (a 64 bit system :/ ) and most probably another no

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
ok since this quote was posted a little post above

I would like to say that smea supposedly knows by the homebrew method he has (sppwn was it?) that there are 124MB of RAM now

and there are now an speculation of the firmware running on 4-core now, again, by info that smea posted

There must be an error there: OG 3DS already has 128MB of RAM and 6MB of VRAM; New 3DS is supposed to have 256 + 10, according to 3DSbrew's pages and analysis of firmware 8.0.

wiibomb

There must be an error there: OG 3DS already has 128MB of RAM and 6MB of VRAM; New 3DS is supposed to have 256 + 10, according to 3DSbrew's pages and analysis of firmware 8.0.

I read wrong the post of smea sorry, that was for the homebrew channel, that on the new 3DS he should be able to run on 124MB (on the original he could only run at 64MB)

going to correct the post now, sorry

Top Bottom