• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Plague Tale 2 currently under development at Asobo Studio

Mista

Banned
id-16-e1575363537931-1600x600.jpg

Asobo has made a name for theirselves with A Plague Tale Innocence. It has notably placed the French studio in the spotlight. It’s nomination for best narrative game in The Game Awards is not really a surprise, and many gamers have been eagerly asking for a sequel. Well, those waiting for the continuation of this dramatic story are in luck : we can confirm that A Plague Tale 2 is in development !

The first episode, Innocence, was initially announced as a standalone. It seems that it’s success has changed the editor’s plans. According to our verified source, Focus Interactive, the editor of the first game, has ordered a sequel to Asobo Studio. Yes, the same developers of the first game will be back in action ! The info comes directly from a head of Focus, so the fans can, without a doubt, count on a proper sequel.

Don’t get too impatient though, the game is set to be released in 2022, with an official reveal next year. So we think you can expect more info in one of Sony or Microsoft’s big shows. Maybe during the E3 2020 ?

That being said, the release window doesn’t give too much doubt, we will be seeing A Plague Tale 2 on the next generation of consoles, or PS5 and Xbox Scarlett, if you prefer.

Contacted on Tuesday, Focus confirmed the game’s existence, but didn’t wish to add any additional information. Let’s wait for an official reveal first, but honestly, this is probably the best info of the day…

Chromata

It's good to hear this. I hope they improve on the gameplay because that was my biggest gripe with the game. The sling mechanic was very one dimensional and it quickly got repetitive.

Everything else was excellent though!

cireza

The game was extremely successful. A sequel is a given, no need for announcements nor confirmations.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Great news. A Plague Tale is the type of game like Detroit, Until Dawn and TWD that really isn't for me whatsoever but holy shit, this game was fucking awesome. Best surprise of the year. Overall, a great 8.5/10 and me buying the sequel is pretty much guaranteed.

xrnzaaas

Great news, I'm glad the first game sold so well. I'm still waiting for a good retail deal on this game, because I want to have it on my shelf.

Decent game but the budget showed. I really did not like the voice acting and the ending was eh what? Will still buy the sequel but most likely on a sale this time unless they up their efforts.

H4ze

Neat little game, watched it while my gf played it since it's just not my type of game so can't say much about the controls etc.

Would like too see how the story evolves.

Kadayi

Banned
Glad to hear. Very pleased with the first game overall. One of the better AA games of the last few years. I'd like to see it garner a few plaudits this year come the gaming presses GOTY deliberations.

Top Bottom