• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A return to the Wii U & a question--what are the best couch coop games for it?

Years ago I bought a Wii U to play with my oldest son and we had some fun with it but then it sat for a while. I asked him if he'd like to sell it and get another Xbox One (I had one already) so we could play more games together. He said yes so I sold the Wii U to a friend on a small msg board I frequent.

We've had a lot of fun with the Xboxes but he's been interested in playing Pikmin 3 again and that made me think about getting another Wii U. His little brothers are old enough to play it now (granted the youngest is 4) and that made me want to give it another shot. (I can't wait for the Intellivision to release with its focus on couch coop/multi also.)

Last weekend we went to a retro game store and bought a system along with Nintendoland, Mario Party 10, Mario Kart 8, & Pikmin 3. We've been having a blast with it and I wanted to see what other couch coop/multiplayer games we should check out. I've done some searching of the webs but figured it would be better to ask here.

Also, it's a shame that they never made a full game of the Zelda minigame in Nintendoland, even if it wasn't a Zelda title. The mechanics are great, that's what we've played the most of so far when it's all 4 of us.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Mario Kart 8 is a good choice. A few others I own that I like playing couch co-op:

Mario 3D World - my favorite 3D Mario
New Super Mario Bros U - not my favorite 2D Mario, but serviceable.
Yoshi's Wooly World - great level design if you like collect-a-thon platformers
DK Tropical Freeze - another good sidescrolling platformer

Airola

Wii Party U is criminally underrated. It's much better than Mario Party 10.

Game & Wario is fun too. The Pictionary game is really funny but it kinda requires at least four players for it to really shine and I don't think your youngest kids can play it as the players have to understand written words.

kunonabi

Your mileage may vary due to ages but Affordable Space Adventures(3 players), Tank! Tank! Tank!(4 players), Stealth Inc. 2(2 players) are pretty fun co-op games too.

Smasher89

yoshis woolly world, its fun in co op (or with an amiibo so you solo play 2 characters), its quite easy so perfect for newer players too.

Top Bottom