• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Third 'The Fugitive' movie in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

I'm excite.

Hope Ford and Tommy returns.

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has put into development a new installment of The Fugitive, one of those rare times that Hollywood took a well-executed TV series and turned it into an even more exhilarating feature film. The studio has set Christina Hodson — whose The Eden Project was bought at auction by Sony, and whose script Shut In is completing shooting with Naomi Watts for EuropaCorp — to write it. Arnold and Anne Kopelson are returning as producers, but they would not say if Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones will be coming back for an encore. Jones won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for the 1993 film, and Ford has signed on to reprise in new installments of both Star Wars and Blade Runner.

Worldwide production president Greg Silverman is backing this one, and the hope is to be in production by early 2016. The series starred David Janssen as Dr. Richard Kimble, a surgeon accused of murdering his wife. He goes on the run to clear his name, leaving clues for a Les Miserables-like dogged cop about a one-armed man Kimble said he struggled with during his wife’s killing. The four-season series run on ABC culminated in a finale that was viewed by nearly half the population with TV sets at the time. That was a hard act to follow, but the Andrew Davis-directed movie was a huge global hit for Warner Bros, one of its biggest of the 1990s with a $369 million worldwide gross, with memorable large-scale action scenes on a $40 million budget. It was nominated for four Oscars including Best Picture. Jones stayed on for a sequel, U.S. Marshals, which featured a manhunt involving Wesley Snipes and Robert Downey Jr.

Kopelson said this would be his 30th film and a return to Warner Bros, where he had his greatest run of success while a tenured producer on the lot. The Kopelsons have been busy turning another of his Warner Bros hits, Devil’s Advocate, into a TV series, partnered with John Wells Productions and Warner Horizon. Courtenay Valenti will shepherd The Fugitive with Jon Berg and Chantal Nong.

http://deadline.com/2015/05/the-fug...jones-warner-bros-arnold-kopelson-1201425222/

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
The Fugitive was amazing. Chain Reaction...can't remember most of it. Then the other one with Robert Downy Jr. was awful.

Was Chain Reaction a part of the series? Or just made by the same guys?

Sojgat

giphy.gif

The Fugitive was amazing. Chain Reaction...can't remember most of it. Then the other one with Robert Downy Jr. was awful.

Was Chain Reaction a part of the series? Or just made by the same guys?

Chain Reaction was the Keanu Reeves movie about cold fusion and free energy.

Busty

Banned
Warners have been developing a remake of this for years. It looks like they finally found a writer with a take they like. I think the original is an underrated thriller classic so I'd definitely be interested to see what they could come up with for a new 'instalment'.

In other news the Kopelsons were huge producers in the 90's with hits like The Fugitive and Outbreak for WB. They moved in an exclusive 5 year deal to Fox that was so costly that they even (iirc) rebuilt his office on the lot for him.

And how many films did he make in that five year period? None. Since the 90's all he's done are some mid budget thrillers that did no business and that short lived TV show based on The Fugitive.

And it definitely wasn't because he and his wife had a massive drug problem. Oh no, no Siree. Nope.

U.S. Marshals, a.k.a. The Fugitive Part 2: The Story Continues. You just got schooled yo!

You talking to me?

edit: Holy shiiiiit you are. I indeed got schooled. Can't believe how forgettable that movie was that I have zero recollection of RDJ being in it.

Abounder

Banned
So many Harrison Ford-related projects on the horizon: Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Blade Runner, and even The Fugitive...that's one hell of a career comeback of sorts (unless he's not in half of them)

Schrade

Chain Reaction was the Keanu Reeves movie about cold fusion and free energy.

ROFL I read this and went "Wasn't that The Saint?" So I looked it up. No shit...

It's another one of those "two movies release around the same time with roughly the same subject" things. I find that so baffling.

RedSwirl

So I guess I need to watch The Fugitive. I've only ever seen US Marshalls. The first one is undoubtedly on Netflix or Amazon right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom