• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A thread about Gamespot flopping Tamagotchi?

Sapiens

Its fucking tamagotchi, a 6.4 is generous.

And really, get off the nerd bus, because gamespot giving a kids game an average score is not the end of the world, let alone a reason to post a thread about it on gaf...

Why don't you just give us your own little review and give it the 9.5 you think it rightfully deserves.

Unless you are being completely sarcastic...

Sapienshomo said:
Its fucking tamagotchi, a 6.4 is generous.

And really, get off the nerd bus, because gamespot giving a kids game an average score is not the end of the world, let alone a reason to post a thread about it on gaf...

Why don't you just give us your own little review and give it the 9.5 you think it rightfully deserves.

Unless you are being completely sarcastic...

WTF.

Ive never played it.

I dont intend on playing it.

I just think its strange, that the best selling 3rd party game in Japan, the game people were excited that is coming to america....isnt good.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
jamesinclair said:
WTF.

Ive never played it.

I dont intend on playing it.

I just think its strange, that the best selling 3rd party game in Japan, the game people were excited that is coming to america....isnt good.
People were excited? Seriously?

jj984jj said:
I'm trying to figure out who he is talking about too.

I hate forum searches, but a look at older sales threads, + release date news will show it.

Youll find stuff like "wow, that thing keeps selling, whens it coming to the US?"

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jonnyram said:
Shit games can sell just as well as good ones.
You don't need to look at Japan to see this, either.
Looking at America is enough. 50 Cent game FTL. :(

Jeff-DSA

Yeah, it's not anything special. We gave it a 6.5 ourselves.

It's not really a game that will appeal broadly here in North America.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Hmm, people are calling it a non-game and being reminded of virtual pets yet this isn't either of those. It's a shop game by NanaOn Sha (Parappa, Vib Ribbon) where you get costumers to cater to, but it gets really repetitive and boring. It was really made for kids, but that doesn't make it a non-game.

Koomaster

Beyond all reason and judgement I'd actually like to play this game - even after reading GS' review of it. The only thing stopping me is the $30 pricetag. $20 I would maybe think about it a lot. And $10-15 would be an insta-purchase.

Ugh, I need help even considering it though I think. The thought of blinging out the teeth of cute animals - appeals to me on some base level. Show me them grillz Tamagotchi!

Amir0x

Banned
HomerSimpson-Man said:
Why did this come back? I thought this stuff was left behind after the beginings of my highschool years!!!

did you miss Nintendogs selling millions? That's basically just a shallow tamagotchi without the ability for your puppies to die. Virtual pets are BACK and IN CHARGE man.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Exactly what makes nintendogs more shallow than tamagotchi? We all know that you don't like this type of toy-game, but please at least keep it to reality.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
mmm

I think the reason no one posted a thread was because no one really cares? We're all surprised by the huge sales the game is getting but i dont think anyone is like OH MAN GOTTA HAVE TAMAGOCHI

I'll buy it anyway, cause I'm totally homo for NanaOn-Sha. Does anyone know if Masaya Matsuura did the music? It could be worth picking up for the soundtrack alone if so!

Amir0x

Banned
elostyle said:
Exactly what makes nintendogs more shallow than tamagotchi? We all know that you don't like this type of toy-game, but please at least keep it to reality.

The fact that your animal can never die or grow older (both are features of many virtual pets).

The only thing Nintendogs has going for it over them is better graphics, and the fact that OMGYOUCANDRESSTHEMUPINMARIOHATS. I guess you can count touching the screen as an advantage, but whatever!

Amir0x said:
The fact that your animal can never die or grow older (both are features of many virtual pets).

The only thing Nintendogs has going for it over them is better graphics, and the fact that OMGYOUCANDRESSTHEMUPINMARIOHATS. I guess you can count touching the screen as an advantage, but whatever!

Did you actually play the gam...."interactive software"? (demo station doesnt count). I traded nintendogs in after two weeks, but the touchscreen/mic interface for teaching tricks and interacting with the dogs was brilliant. And the dogs do certainly mature from clueless balls of fur to obedient smart pups, provided youre consistent with their feedings/cleanings/stimulation. Its all about the joy of having this unprecedented level of interaction. Dan Hsu's 7.5 and text review in egm was very appropriate for this 'game'.

Amir0x said:

Could I give my Tamagotchi keychain verbal and gesticulative commands? There is a lot to do in this game, don't sell it short.

I saw a 25 year old woman playing it in Target. It's perfect for people who don't care about high scores and action. It's a neat product.

It's certainly nowhere near lazy, cheap, or shallow.

Unison

stanley.png

This avatar rules!

SuomiDude

Drinky Crow said:
the real tragedy is Nintendogs and Animal Crossing scoring above a 5/10

Well if games like Grand Theft Auto: LCS, WipEout Pure or Ridge Racers can score over 5/10, anything can... ;)

Drinky Crow said:
the real tragedy is Nintendogs and Animal Crossing scoring above a 5/10

I know it's a trollbait, but, listen, how come every game has to be complex and deep? Can't they be just plain fun?

Top Bottom