• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Carr Registers Multiple "Nintendo Beem" Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to look at every single registered domain that started with "nintendo". After five minutes of extensive research, I can say with almost 100% certainty that Nintendo's console will be called the Beem.

Just look at the evidence:

NINTENDOBEEM.COM
- Registered on May 24, 2011 through the same company that registered NINTENDOWII.COM and NINTENDO3DS.COM. This was registered nearly a year before any of the next-gen speculation began.

NINTENDOBEEEM.COM
NINTENDOBEAM.COM
- Registered on May 28, 2011 through two differed registrars. This obviously isn't just a coincidence.

NINTENDOBEEMSTORE.COM
NINTENDOBEEMSHOP.COM
NINTENDOBEEMGAMES.COM
- All registered on June 1, 2011.

Also, the domain BEEM.COM was apparently purchased on January 31 for $136,000. Nobody's going to drop that kind of money on a domain name unless they have a vested interest in the name.
http://wii2blog.com/could-beem-be-project-cafes-real-name/

When you look at the evidence, Beem is the only name tha really seems to make sense.

bon

SolarPowered said:
We all gotta step it up. Except for Acebandage, that guy needs some sleep before he collapses from EXCITE! overload.

I'm sure no one expected MKWii to sell quadruple the amount of it's predecessor. I say all bets are off during a system launch. All Pikmin needs is an inventive way to slip in co-op or multiplayer(relax) without tarnishing single player.
If they put a lot of thought and work into the multiplayer, Pikmin 3 could be THE competitive console RTS.

swerve said:
It'd be a more convincing argument (and I'd be buying train tickets from AceBandage) if it weren't for the 3DS also being part of Iwata's very clear drive to get more third party support/please third party developers.

'Logically'....

...and yet...

3DS is just barely more powerful than a last generation portable system, with a couple of new control, network and display features
The PSP really was more of a jump than the PS3 was to most people. It doesn't change the fact that the Nintendo did skip on the 3DS.

Sianos

Father_Brain said:
Not a system seller outside a minority of the Nintendo fanbase. Cafe needs either a new Mario (Zelda can be ruled out) or a new first-party IP given the same kind of development and marketing budget. Or SSB4.
I still think it fits with Nintendo's "Third Party Launch Plan", similar to how the 3DS launched with Pilotwings.

A game that has been requested a lot, yet is a small enough franchise that it wouldn't interfere with 3rd party sales.

Chiggs

Coolio McAwesome said:
I decided to look at every single registered domainthat started with "nintendo". After five minutes of extensive research, I can say with almost 100% certainty that Nintendo's console will be called the Beem.

NINTENDOBEEM.COM
- Registered on May 24, 2011 through the same company that registered NINTENDOWII.COM and NINTENDO3DS.COM. This was registered nearly a year before any of the next-gen speculation began.

NINTENDOBEEEM.COM
NINTENDOBEAM.COM
- Registered on May 28, 2011 through two differed registrars. This obviously isn't just a coincidence.

NINTENDOBEEMSTORE.COM
NINTENDOBEEMSHOP.COM
NINTENDOBEEMGAMES.COM

Also, the domain BEEM.COM was apparently purchased on January 31 for $136,000. Nobody's going to drop that kind of money on a domain name unless they have a vested interest in the name.

When you look at the evidence, Beem is the only name tha really seems to make sense.

Beem is slightly better than Current.

Coolio McAwesome said:
I decided to look at every single registered domainthat started with "nintendo". After five minutes of extensive research, I can say with almost 100% certainty that Nintendo's console will be called the Beem.

NINTENDOBEEM.COM

NINTENDOBEEEM.COM
NINTENDOBEAM.COM

NINTENDOBEEMSTORE.COM
NINTENDOBEEMSHOP.COM
NINTENDOBEEMGAMES.COM

Huh. Nintendo BEEMs content to your controller, eh? It could work. It's also more coherent than "Current" and doesn't have the "urite flow" theme that goes from Wii -> Stream

Krowley

swerve said:
It'd be a more convincing argument (and I'd be buying train tickets from AceBandage) if it weren't for the 3DS also being part of Iwata's very clear drive to get more third party support/please third party developers.

'Logically'....

...and yet...

3DS is just barely more powerful than a last generation portable system, with a couple of new control, network and display features.

When it comes to handhelds, nintendo basically dictates the baseline since they totally rule that market, and 3ds is a generational jump over DS. Making the psp uber-powerful was a gamble that didn't pay off.

On consoles, wii was an abnormally tiny leap compared to a typical generational change for nintendo.

Sianos

Coolio McAwesome said:

NINTENDOBEEM.COM

NINTENDOBEEEM.COM
NINTENDOBEAM.COM

NINTENDOBEEMSTORE.COM
NINTENDOBEEMSHOP.COM
NINTENDOBEEMGAMES.COM

slowclap.gif

swerve

chaosblade said:
Not quite the same thing, 3DS has to deal with battery life. Cafe doesn't. Not saying that means Cafe will be a huge step over the PS3 or 360, but it doesn't have the inherent limitations that the 3DS had. Without the 3D screen the 3DS would presumably have much better battery life and room for more powerful components, yet, Nintendo also said they upgraded the GPU due to the screen. So who knows.

I think what we need to keep in mind is that Nintendo will still be focused on what they need for their games for the next six years.

ANY departure from this sort of approach will signify a massive change in management/direction - even bigger than the 3DS 'plan our releases around big 3rd party titles' nonsense. And I will be very, very surprised.

I'm not saying it won't happen. I'm keeping my expectations in check based upon a lifetime of watching crashing hype trains. I always find myself floating off over the ravine as the train crashes down in flames below.

But hey, I love Four Swords, Pac-Man Vs. and Wii Music, so that makes me an easy E3 win.

MYE

Beem

Beem

I kinda like Beem.

Sorta...maybe

edit:

Is this supposed to be the BEEM logo?

beem.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Coolio McAwesome said:

NINTENDOBEEM.COM

NINTENDOBEEEM.COM
NINTENDOBEAM.COM

NINTENDOBEEMSTORE.COM
NINTENDOBEEMSHOP.COM
NINTENDOBEEMGAMES.COM

Interesting. That may wrap it up.

I like the name "Beam," but I think "Beem" is just going to cause confusion. As an English teacher it pisses me off.

A "beem" is actually a trumpet, by the way.

Krowley

Coolio McAwesome said:

NINTENDOBEEM.COM

NINTENDOBEEEM.COM
NINTENDOBEAM.COM

NINTENDOBEEMSTORE.COM
NINTENDOBEEMSHOP.COM
NINTENDOBEEMGAMES.COM

Nicely done. Has detective GAF solved the mystery?

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Coolio McAwesome said:
I decided to look at every single registered domain that started with "nintendo". After five minutes of extensive research, I can say with almost 100% certainty that Nintendo's console will be called the Beem.

NINTENDOBEEM.COM

NINTENDOBEEEM.COM
NINTENDOBEAM.COM

NINTENDOBEEMSTORE.COM
NINTENDOBEEMSHOP.COM
NINTENDOBEEMGAMES.COM

I dont want Beem :(

ferr

From The Dust said:
Beem? oh. my. god.

but no more pee jokes. "Beems wii streams on you face." it's just not the same :(
Almost as bad as a Current of pee coming from the wii?

Woffls

Heh, Beem does sound about right actually, It might be the name of a service or function rather than the console itself, though. Good work bro :p

nextgeneration said:
Hmm, ok, well, less than 48 hrs left and counting! All will be revealed then!

Or not.

Chances are, Nintendo won't be revealing the specs. We might get a GPU codename at most and we know who the speed it runs at or what custom features have been added or removed.

SmithnCo

Beem sounds plausible. Easy to pronounce like Wii, and ties in with the console if it has the ability to "beam" data to a controller. I kinda like it.

Lupin the Wolf said:
Huh. Nintendo BEEMs content to your controller, eh? It could work. It's also more coherent than "Current" and doesn't have the "urite flow" theme that goes from Wii -> Stream
Is that anything like transfarring?

Chiggs

Plinko said:
Interesting. That may wrap it up.

I like the name "Beam," but I think "Beem" is just going to cause confusion. As an English teacher it pisses me off.

*pulls explanation out of ass*

"The "EE" in "BEEM" stands for "Entertainment Experience."

Grampa Simpson said:
Is that anything like transfarring?

lol

Weenerz

Banned
Coolio McAwesome said:

NINTENDOBEEM.COM

NINTENDOBEEEM.COM
NINTENDOBEAM.COM

NINTENDOBEEMSTORE.COM
NINTENDOBEEMSHOP.COM
NINTENDOBEEMGAMES.COM

beads.gif

Beem is a name that I'd actually be willing to support. Current and Stream were cool and all, but they just don't have the same pizazz as Beem in my opinion.
plus it avoids all the immature jokes about the same that stream would have caused

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Chiggs said:
*pulls explanation out of ass*

"The "EE" in "BEEM" stands for "Entertainment Experience."

lol

LOL...that actually may make sense. There has to be SOME reason for the double E.

Coolio McAwesome said:

NINTENDOBEEM.COM

NINTENDOBEEEM.COM
NINTENDOBEAM.COM

NINTENDOBEEMSTORE.COM
NINTENDOBEEMSHOP.COM
NINTENDOBEEMGAMES.COM

Holy crap...

Chiggs

What's really funny is that the BEEM rumor has been circulating for around a week.

How did GAF miss it?

Cow Mengde said:
Or not.

Chances are, Nintendo won't be revealing the specs. We might get a GPU codename at most and we know who the speed it runs at or what custom features have been added or removed.

Yeah, specs or not, the most important thing for me are the games, as that will give us a good visual indicator of how powerful the system really is.

Coolio McAwesome said:

NINTENDOBEEM.COM

NINTENDOBEEEM.COM
NINTENDOBEAM.COM

NINTENDOBEEMSTORE.COM
NINTENDOBEEMSHOP.COM
NINTENDOBEEMGAMES.COM

Now that's a leak!

What's really funny is that the BEEM rumor has been circulating for around a week.

How did GAF miss it?

Really? What? This is the first time I saw it.

Luigison

Beem fits with the Wii name. It's spelling is different and the double-e can be used in ads like the double-i in Wii. I could see the e's being eyes or people. Plus, the system can beem to the controllers.

ferr

Reggie's going to say something like "Beam me up, Mario" and you'll see Mario walking around on the controller's screen or something silly.

Plinko

Luigison said:
Beem fits with the Wii name. It's spelling is different and the double-e can be used in ads like the double-i in Wii. I could see the e's being eyes or people. Plus, the system can beem to the controllers.

No, the system can "beam" to the controllers.

Exuro

Here it is. The beem name being used in a mockup is kind of strange. Rumors have pointed at it looking like an SNES though no?

project-cafe-your-wii-2-designs--20110506024224535_640w.jpg

Plinko

Have to admit I like Stream better.

Beem is better than Current, though.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I personally think Beem sounds much, much better than all the other rumored names and code names (Cafe, Stream, Current *lol*), even better than Wii.

Please be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom