• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Paul (Jesse - Breaking Bad) joins Westworld Season 3

Kadayi

Banned
I know, season 2 suuuuccccckeeeed.

Agreed. I stuck with and I wanted to like it, but the truth of the matter is season two ended up being an incoherent mess that just didn't hold together and was largely a waste of everyone involved talents. I don't think some stunt casting for season 3 is going to save it because I just don't think people care at this point in time. GOT it is not.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I know, season 2 suuuuccccckeeeed.

I loved the first season. I didn't make it past the 4th episode in season 2. I also thought it really went downhill after season 1. I'm not sure if Aaron Paul can fix it at this point. He'll just try and add his charm to the damage that has already been done.

The only good character and story arc in season two

westworld-208-5-h_2018.jpg

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Season 2 was pretty rough. But I like Aaron Paul and will give them a chance in season 3 to make the show better again, but if it is like seaon 2 I will drop it.

Kadayi

Banned
I loved the first season. I didn't make it past the 4th episode in season 2. I also thought it really went downhill after season 1. I'm not sure if Aaron Paul can fix it at this point. He'll just try and add his charm to the damage that has already been done.

There's no fixing it. It's pretty clear that Nolan and Joy didn't really put the hard effort in to thoroughly rounding out their world-building so it stood up to even cursory scrutiny on every level versus spending their time in the writer's room huffing each other's farts. I think much like Bryan Fuller, Noah Hawkey and Sam Esmail they've probably succumbed to a certain degree of creative hubris as a result of too much flattery from the TV press.

King of Foxes King of Foxes , I thought it was a great performance by the actor, but its a pity it was in service of a nonsensical storyline.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Is he just going to yell “bitch” at people the whole time?

He’s not a good actor... he is what he is.

Graven

Agreed. I stuck with and I wanted to like it, but the truth of the matter is season two ended up being an incoherent mess that just didn't hold together and was largely a waste of everyone involved talents. I don't think some stunt casting for season 3 is going to save it because I just don't think people care at this point in time. GOT it is not.

Season 2 was in a sense like True Detective season 2 for me, way too pretentious. It was boring, save for some parts.

Iaterain

I wish that the producee would come and say: "Everyone stop! It isn't the "season 2"! Haha! Here the real season 2!"

way more

If he died in season 1 as was planned I would have quit watching Breaking Bad. He was the only interesting part of the show.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Season 2 was in a sense like True Detective season 2 for me, way too pretentious. It was boring, save for some parts.

Nah TD Season 2 is flawed, but it was nowhere near the shitshow of Westworld Season 2. TD Season 2s problems were largely a result of poor direction in the early episodes not establishing who certain key characters were with actual close-ups (versus a group shot) more than the writing per se. People made a big deal about Vince Vaughns characters flowery language, but one of the main aspects of the character is that he's an autodidact whose come from nothing and hankers to be taken seriously by your Ivy League types.

Anyway getting way OT here

Top Bottom