• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

according to an Rockstar Dev...RDR 2 will not live up to the hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
this is what he posted in his DM to me on twitter
"

Report this message sent 8 minutes ago from Niko BellicDelete this message sent 8 minutes ago from Niko Bellic

"The reviewers always blow the content out of proportion, whether it be from shock that they're previewing a title from Rockstar early, or because Take Two tossed a few bucks their way."

"The talking system is hardly different from what we've seen in GTA V, where you can have a few interactions, sometimes an NPC initiates a conversation, etc.

I've proven myself repeatedly by saying what's coming in GTA DLC over the years - and every time I've been right. But, considering you had to start your message by calling me an idiot, I hardly have a reason to prove anything to you - and since you're so riled up that you want to message people associated to me, you can try talking to them.

It's literally no different than GTA V my dude, I've played a build from late July. It's not special, but like I said, I'm just throwing a bone at a wheezing dog. Xx."

https://twitter.com/NikoBellicGTARP

Gander

Banned
Whoa that is a lot to unpack. Forget the game, a dev just said directly they pay for reviews.

RubberedDucky

Neo Member
Whoa that is a lot to unpack. Forget the game, a dev just said directly they pay for reviews.

Don't get too excited. He probably meant Rockstar bought a bunch of ad space on their site or something. I work in the industry and have never heard of anybody directly paying for reviews. Buttering reviewers up with gifts, on the other hand, is common practice.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
- he says he has played a build from July

- he says the talking system is similar to GTA V
-he says the gameplay is like V's

SonicSleuth

Wow. Somebody inside a project hates their life and their job. Shocking.

If every game and effects company stopped hiring assholes, we'd have no games or effects.

Vtecomega

Banned
still the best action movie ever made, Black Panther that is,

yes its superior to Terminator 2

s-3d34ba9dd1ee4e9febb9378960a8fde8a1bf4557.gif

Elenchus

Banned
The reasons for the decline in the reputation of this forum are pretty clear when you consider how often these fact free smear campaigns are allowed. You predicted DLC correctly? Are you really serious right now? Lol. Jesus. Just stop.

Drake

I always find Rockstar games to be a lot of fun, but their review scores to be way over inflated. GTA V is a good game, but it's not 10/10 like a lot of these sites give it.

In my lifetime I think I've played 1 or 2 games that were worthy of a 10/10.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
you guys still laugh at the whole wakandian spears thing

well i mean we did build the pyramids while europeans were in caves

Moneal

you guys still laugh at the whole wakandian spears thing

well i mean we did build the pyramids while europeans were in caves

If by we you mean Sub Saharan Africans, which the Wakandians were supposed to be, you would be wrong.

Last edited:

MC Safety

look all im saying is

this guy is legit

Guy is pretending to be a video game character. Guy is not legit.

Also, personal experience working as an editor and writer for the best video game magazines and Web sites around says payoffs are a myth.

Not to be dismissive, but Mr. Apoc thread.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
Personally I didn't expect anything more than GTA in a Wild West setting (more than enough for me to grab it) , not sure what kind if other ideas people had about the game.

If some are expecting it to cause some crazy paradigm shift in the gaming world, I dunno what to tell you.

Kagey K

Banned
The hype is rather high around it. I’m personally very excited for it myself.

If your friend is truly a rockstar dev, and he’s he’s trying to downplay it, it seems to me that maybe he has a small gig and feels his input isn’t getting recognized enough, or he is just dissatisfied being there.

I know if I get into something creative with people, even if I know it sucks I try to see all the positives and work on those. Make the best of it that you can and see where it goes.

I would never shit on a project we are doing before it comes out. Your “friend” should rethink their position before commenting again. I suggest.

TBiddy

So you called him an idiot, and yet he decided to spill the beans to you? Even for you, Mister Apoc, this is a new low.

ruvikx

Banned
So you called him an idiot, and yet he decided to spill the beans to you? Even for you, Mister Apoc, this is a new low.

It's obviously fake (no one would risk their job or entire career in such a way), but here's the irony: I'm betting a large section of the people who made GTA 5 sell 100 million or so copies would be very, very happy with a "GTA 5 with western coat of paint" game. I mean what sort of dialogue system do people want? Fallout 4 & Mass Effect Andromeda? Oops, people hated that. It's also well known Rockstar don't do actual RPG's, ergo the 'player choice' element is not the reason these games sell.

Kagey K

Banned
This is one of the few posts I would ever think of reporting, if he wants to claim to have sources and whatnot he should prove it. Otherwise he’s a pleb just like the rest of us.

I have a few friends on Xbox that claim to be devs for something or another. Maybe some of them are, maybe they aren’t. I believe none of them and would never report them here as facts.

Geki-D

Banned
It’ll never happen but you know a user with the name Niko Bellic is obviously a R* dev and not a fan. We should take him at his word here.

🙄
Ha, I assumed Apoc actually linked to a real D* dev account. But yeah, looking at it I see no reason to believe this guy is a dev. Whilst I don't care much for Mr Apoc's crappy threads, I've never wanted him banned for them but this is a whole new kettle of fish, this is an attempt at spreading fake info and I know it was once a bannable offence on NG.

The only benefit of the doubt I can give to Apoc is that this "Nico" guy tricked him (he doesn't seem to be too bright, so it's not impossible), and he honestly thought he was talking to a dev, though I'd still like to see the whole Twitter conversation, seeing as "Nico" says Apoc insulted him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom