• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

According to Bioware project director, Mass Effect 5 will be made by the original Mass Effect Trilogy veterans

Majormaxxx

You can all go to mobygames and see for yourself.

The leader of this current project was one of the 5 project managers for mass effect 2 and one of the five producers for mass effect 3. Nowhere near top billing.

Unless they get rid of the Andromeda writers and animators, this will be another turd.

samoilaaa

Yea! They got those Sweet Baby writers now instead.
who needs sweet baby inc when you have this guy

sraKMNf.jpg

and to see the fans using they/them when they talk about him , at first i didnt understand why they were using plural "The lead writer for Dreadwolf is Patrick Weekes. They've been around since the first game and is most responsible writing wise for Trespasser (Solas is their character I believe as well), the Tevinter Nights book, as well as Mordin and Tali in Mass Effect."

and then i saw his twitter account , ffs its a clown world indeed , i wanna go back to the 80's early 90's

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
was Mass Effect THAT good, really? Methinks not. Even when I played it AS they came out (mind you I only played 1 and 2) I thought they were good (combat was mid, but reactivity/C&C was good), but masterpiece level? Not even close.
They are. The atmosphere and narrative in 1&2, 3 too for that matter. Combat was always secondary, save for 3.

It's the overall journey and vibe of the OG ME that make it a classic. The first is the best IMO.

simpatico

So people who technically were employed at Bioware during original development are now in management positions? Read between the lines on this statement and it's actually pretty sad. Instead of naming names they're just throwing around titles.

Last edited:

Bkdk

That new mass effect teaser trailer almost certainly teased the death of bioware, unless the past mass effect devs still plan to buy the IP from EA and make a game with their own money, doesn't seem like it would ever happen. now the mass effect 3's original ending makes a lot of sense, the devs at the time clearly knows that there would never be a mass effect trilogy sequel so they won't even bother to give player any choices, even in 2012, the original devs know bioware is on life support 12 years ago and EA would pull its plug eventually.

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
Kinda optimistic. Still taking a wait and see approach with it, especially in the current climate we're in.

The first two games are one of the best games I've ever played.

I wonder if Mass Effect 5 or Elder Scrolls VI will come out first?

Majormaxxx

who needs sweet baby inc when you have this guy

sraKMNf.jpg

and to see the fans using they/them when they talk about him , at first i didnt understand why they were using plural "The lead writer for Dreadwolf is Patrick Weekes. They've been around since the first game and is most responsible writing wise for Trespasser (Solas is their character I believe as well), the Tevinter Nights book, as well as Mordin and Tali in Mass Effect."

and then i saw his twitter account , ffs its a clown world indeed , i wanna go back to the 80's early 90's
Selfies were a mistake

Nydius

I've given up hope that it will ever come out. Plus, after Andromeda and Anthem, I gave up hope that it would ever be any good. I've also come to realize that any direct sequel to the original trilogy is almost certain to disappoint because it's going to inherently have to erase people's choices and retcon events from the original story to establish an official canon timeline. I'm starting to lean towards "please, just let the franchise die and don't ruin the trilogy".

I think Dragon Age Dreadwolf is likely the last we'll hear of BioWare, especially if it performs poorly (edit: and in a post-BG3 and Dragon's Dogma 2 world, I'm not sure Dragon Age is going to move the needle). Three high profile flops in a row would spell the end of the studio.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Mass Effect deserved a live-action series, like Halo received, if done right it could be the modern day Babylon 5....

StereoVsn

Meh… considering BioWare’s last game was over a decade ago I am not holding my breath.

I basically suspect anything from them till proven wrong.

nashman

BioWare, Bethesda, Blizzard they have all lost it. There will never be another masterpiece from any of them.

90% of the people who made ME 1, morrowwind or Dialblo 2 are long gone. These company’s are just shells of them former selves. Time moves on we should just move on.

Gojiira

So the same people who made all the poor choices? Who pushed the original writer and plot which made way more sense out?
Good to know that ME5 will be a pass as well.
Wont forgive them for the lazy Tali face reveal and babies first colours endings….

JayK47

WTF are they even doing? That skidmark of a game Anthem was 5 years ago. Five years! There is no excuse for taking this long to make a game. It takes these so called AAA studios an entire console generation to shit out mediocrity at best or a royal woke turd at worst.

SHA

WTF are they even doing? That skidmark of a game Anthem was 5 years ago. Five years! There is no excuse for taking this long to make a game. It takes these so called AAA studios an entire console generation to shit out mediocrity at best or a royal woke turd at worst.
It's a labors law, basically they are trying to make fair equal ground compared to other tech fields.

Top Bottom