• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

According to cannon, which Street Fighters are most powerful?

On a recent thread I found out that somehow Cody is on the upper echelon of Street Fighters.

That makes me wonder, which are the "tiers" of the World Warriors? according to cannon, who are the most powerful fighters?

I think it goes somehow like this:

S-Rank
Akuma
Oro
Gouken
Cody
Gen

A-Rank
Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li
Guile
Dhalsim
Sagat
Bison
Juri

B-Rank
Balrog
Vega
Sakura
R. Mika
Guy
Ibuki
Elena
Zangief
E. Honda
Dudley
Cammy
Abel
Hakan

C-Rank
Dan

What do you guys think?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
no way Cody is up there with Oro, Akuma and Gen. Bison might be.

Sakura might be C tier and bump Dan down to F tier.

I'm still totally not into Cody being bullshit top tier because Ono wants to retcon that shit in

Next up, INGRID RETURNS

Shantom

Google tells me Twelve is the heaviest SF character, so I guess he'd do the most damage coming out of a cannon. ;)

gngf123

Akuma at the top, and even more powerful if you include Oni.

With Cody, isn't it that he doesn't care any more and holds back all the time?

Squalor

Cannon.jpg

Krejlooc

Banned
Hasn't Ryu beaten Akuma in the canon several times?

EDIT: But yeah, Oni is definitely one of the top two strongest.

Also, Oro beat Akuma with one hand behind his back.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
We are excluding EX characters correct?

Didn't Oro only use one hand against Akuma or did he use two?

Either way Akuma, Oro, and Gen being top contenders makes sense. Gen might be higher if he didn't have Leukemia.

kewlmyc

Still kills me how powerful Cody is. I think it's because he creates freaking hurricanes just using his physical strength since he has no aura or whatever it's called. Plus he fights with a limitation (his handcuffs).

Someone should make a thread about lack of women in the upper leagues or something.

So what's the explanation for Cody being Akuma league?

tell it to 3S Chun players

also, you sound stupid when you say stuff like that here. female and minority representation is an issue a lot of gamers feel strongly about so i doubt you'd want to dismiss the issue so quickly

So I'm oppressing women now?

Aren't you proving my point about lack of women in these list in the top? I didn't say -no- woman after all.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Someone should make a thread about lack of women in the upper leagues or something.
tell it to 3S Chun players

also, you sound stupid when you say stuff like that here. female and minority representation is an issue a lot of gamers feel strongly about so i doubt you'd want to dismiss the issue so quickly

Ingrid. Godlike powers.
She can travel through time and is absurdly powerful, Bison's psychic powers were stolen from her and are only a fraction of her full strength, etc etc. She has no match.

So what's the explanation for Cody being Akuma league?
They can solve this by adding in Ingrid to SFIV, given that in the story she's got to be the #1 most powerful character in the whole Street Fighter series...

ShinMaruku

Ingrid. Godlike powers.
She can travel through time and is absurdly powerful, Bison's psychic powers were stolen from her and are only a fraction of her full strength, etc etc. She has no match.

They can solve this by adding in Ingrid to SFIV, given that in the story she's got to be the #1 most powerful character in the whole Street Fighter series...

Ingrid is god

Here's some info from the Udon Comics.

It's kinda impossible to get sure in-universe tiers like that. However, Cody is canonically holding back every time he fights, that much is for sure, And depending how much stock you take into win-quotes and such, he openly called Akuma overrated, and only admits to enjoying his fights with either Ryu or Shin Oni. Still, that's not exactly true proof.

The UDON comic rolled with this apparently, even if it's non-canon to the games: Cody was able to smack down Poison, Hugo, and Rolento in the same fight, and after Ryu broke his handcuffs for a 'fair fight', and he was well on his way to curbstomping Ryu as well before he tapped into the Satsui no Hadou in desperation.

The Udon comic is considered semi-canonic according to the street fighter wiki

El Sloth

Banned
The answer is always Oro. People need to to stop tripping.

He even went easy on that babby Akuma so not to kill him accidentally.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Cannon wise the Kinnect exclusive character played in Occulus Rift mode is the most powerful in the sequal

Edzi

This is going to be an insanely dumb question, but where exactly do you guys go to get all this lore info? The only SF game I have and am currently playing is SF3: Third Strike Online Edition, and I haven't seen anything that resembles a plot or story mode yet... What am I missing?

This is going to be an insanely dumb question, but where exactly do you guys go to get all this lore info? The only SF game I have and am currently playing is SF3: Third Strike Online Edition, and I haven't seen anything that resembles a plot or story mode yet... What am I missing?

Comics, mostly. Establishes the relationship between Ken/Ryu, Gouken/Gouki (Akuma) as well as side adventures for the rest of the cast.
The Alpha series has a fair bit of story in it too.

isn't sakura supposed to have like untapped potential to be even stronger than ryu? She learned how to hadouken just by stalking...I mean watching him

Alpha series and the SFIII series( new gen, 2nd impact and 3rd strike).. Plus ryu's final manga I own both quite the story btw! Ken beats gill down in epic fashion

Top Bottom