• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon PC (GFWL) screenshots. Release in 10 days (Features GFWL)

Jackpot

Banned
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon - Enhanced Edition features controls and graphics that have been optimized specifically for PC users. The PC version will include many of the DLC items released on the console versions of the game. Players will have immediate access to seven additional aircrafts and numerous aircraft skins as well as skills and maps. The multiplayer portion of the game will feature support through Games for Windows from Microsoft. The game will be available for purchase via Steam.

PC fans will be able to purchase Ace Combat: Assault Horizon: Enhanced Edition on STEAM for $34.99.

ASF-X Shinden II, F-15S/MTD, Su-37 Terminator, AV-8B Harrier II plus, CFA-44 Nosferatu, and Ka-50 Hokum are the DLC planes included. And 2 multiplayer maps.

ace-combat-assault-horizon-pc-11-guide4games.com-.jpg

ace-combat-assault-horizon-pc-01-guide4games.com-.jpg

ace-combat-assault-horizon-pc-02-guide4games.com-.jpg

ace-combat-assault-horizon-pc-03-guide4games.com-.jpg

ace-combat-assault-horizon-pc-04-guide4games.com-.jpg

ace-combat-assault-horizon-pc-05-guide4games.com-.jpg

ace-combat-assault-horizon-pc-07-guide4games.com-.jpg

ace-combat-assault-horizon-pc-08-guide4games.com-.jpg

ace-combat-assault-horizon-pc-09-guide4games.com-.jpg

ace-combat-assault-horizon-pc-10-guide4games.com-.jpg

http://guide4games.com/index.php/ne...orizon-gets-pc-release-date-new-screens-added

glaurung

What the hell is wrong with the GUI blurriness in these shots?

What the hell is wrong with the textures?

What the hell?

*sigh*

I will buy this nonetheless. Hopefully my purchase will fuel the development of the next Ace Combat game.

Edit: looked at bigger screenshots. Zero effort port, guys.

That's the most miserable looking sinking ship in the last pic that I've seen in aeons.

And I pride myself on watching vessels go to the bottom - you only have to look at my Steam list.

Will buy.

Pooya

this game is pretty bad, I'd wait for price drops if you are curious about it, if you like Call of Duty I imagine you'll enjoy it, this isn't ace combat. HAWX is better than this, yep.

I'm still amazed how much worse this game was in comparison with AC6 in every aspect, including music and graphics. most disappointing :(
let's just forget the PS2 games :|

I'm actually quite up for the kind of arcade fun on PC that the Ace Combat games have proffered in the past, but they've got to try a touch harder that this. We've got cheapy arcade flight games on the platform that look a heck of a lot better...recent also-ran Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers sports a better look than this.

Clean it up, Project Aces or whoever dropped this in the overnight returns bin.

web01

Ace Combat game that nobody liked is now getting a port no body wanted while other games get looked over.

atomico

I'm not interested. Skies aren't blue enough, and it probably doesn't even yell "FIRE!" when you lock on to enemies.

Haunted

I remember liking the console demo. This definitely doesn't look good in still shots, though. Compressed to hell and back.

Will check it out when it's cheap.

edit: Games for Windows?? eh... maybe not, then.

Manager

So, released today, any impressions?

Seems to be selling OK, on GmG top list and 2nd on Steam. Not finding any reviews or good gameplay on Youtube though but I guess it'll come.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Attention to all Ace Combat fans:

It's a terrible game entirely devoid of soul. No amount of hardware upgrade will make it any less true.

AVOID

At 35 bucks this game is actually a pretty good deal, and it'll only get cheaper. It's not as good as AC5 or Zero, but it's a fun little game. It at least fixes the series-old problem of zero sense of speed. I miss the slightly off-kilter modern-day scifi setting of the old games, but I had fun with this.

If they could make an Ace Combat game with Assault Horizon's presentation values, Zero's music, and 5's core gameplay, it'd probably be my game of the forever. Bonus: revisit the Ace Combat 3 style.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It wasn't THAT bad. It wasn't as good as previous games, but it was still neat.

In technical terms, perhaps it's true.

Doesn't stop it from being flat and empty and soulless.

This game has given me what might be one of the biggest letdowns ever in my history of gaming,

Sethos

Banned
Man it's ugly, also might be the worst entry in the AC series so far "PRESS KEY COMBO TO DODGE AND EVADE" - Repeat 300,000 times.

Give me an AC5 and Zero HD release, instead of this shit ... Please.

The game looks pretty good in motion. I remember similar complaints about the console shots.

In technical terms, perhaps it's true.

Doesn't stop it from being flat and empty and soulless.

This game has given me what might be one of the biggest letdowns ever in my history of gaming,

It makes up for its lack of hilarious pseudo-fantasy military fiction with an incredibly exciting presentation. As a big fan of the series I quite enjoyed it.

Xander51

I loved all the over-the-top camera stuff in this game when I played it on Xbox last year, and the character models looked great too. Yes, it's a shame that this isn't very much like the other Ace Combat games, but it still had some cool ideas. I might pick it up on PC.

From the screens, I thought it was an upgraded version of the 3DS game. It would have been pretty awesome looking ten years ago.

Refyref

From the screens, I thought it was an upgraded version of the 3DS game. It would have been pretty awesome looking ten years ago.

The 3DS game is actually kind of a remake of AC2, so it would have been a much better game to port, even though it would've been uglier. But I guess since this is the game with the bigger budget and console release, this gets the preference of Namco. :(

Durante

Edit: looked at bigger screenshots. Zero effort port, guys.
Not zero effort, look, it can render at higher resolutions than 720p! And it seems like it even has 16:10 support.

So I guess 1 man-month effort. Baby steps people.

Edit:
It actually looks nice in the trailer. Will buy on sale.

m0t0k1

I always wanted to see Ace Combat on the pc. So will buy if the Idolm@ster dlc is in it. Or else i wait for a sale.

Wonko_C

Not zero effort, look, it can render at higher resolutions than 720p! And it seems like it even has 16:10 support.

So I guess 1 man-month effort. Baby steps people.

Edit:
It actually looks nice in the trailer. Will buy on sale.

So did Namco finally hire Durante?

So did Namco finally hire Durante?

Yep, he made ACfix for them lol.

It's a pity PCSX2 doesn't render the PS2 Ace Combat games very well, (you need to use software rendering and other hacks to get the HUD working properly), otherwise I'd just replay those classics on my PC.

Top Bottom