• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision: Destiny 2 Beta larger than original / D2 preorders have surpassed D1

Dynasty8

D1 was one of the funnest times I've had gaming. Game gets a ton of hate because of the publisher's decisions, but for me it's worth every penny. I easily got my money's worth and met some awesome friends in the process.

Community is also the best I've ever seen to date. Very little toxicity and a lot of people banding together to help each other out.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Biggest game launch of the year coming up. Perhaps the biggest game launch this generation so far.

I can't wait. Got the entire week off work, as does my brother and a few friends.

urge26

Biggest game launch of the year coming up. Perhaps the biggest game launch this generation so far.

I can't wait. Got the entire week off work, as does my brother and a few friends.

Same here, I'll pretty much be playing 18 hours a day for 5 days straight. Girlfriend ain't cool with it, but she'll have to deal.

Dynasty8

Vocal internet minority loses again

This made me lol.

Because it's true.

It's sad that many people think that 100 people on GAF determine the quality of a game. Weather a game is worth it or not....Most people who enjoy something remain silent and just wait until release. It's always the negative stuff that gets attention because they speak the loudest.

Even the people who dislike how it feels like Destiny 1.5 will end up playing it because the consensus post-TTK expansion is that it's a fun game that people generally like.

Yeah, I would've liked Destiny 2 to be the "Diablo 1 to Diablo 2" transition people were hoping for but it's not like there's any competition for at least another year (and I'm not interested in Borderlands at all).

Pre-ordered for PC version as well, maybe the catch all response doesn't factor that in?

Did they release numbers for the first game?

I'm saying the idea that pre orders are higher because you had to do that to get into the Beta early have no merit, because in order to get early access to the D1 Beta / Alpha you also had to pre order. Its the same thing

Does this confirm that D2 had less beta players than Division?

We have zero numbers for the D2 Beta so no we have no idea. That said though the D2 Beta very likely had less as the PC Beta hasn't happened yet while The Divisions Beta included PC

pompidu

Destiny 1 was my first 60$ digital purchase and my last. Learned a valuable lesson, since i could not resell it. Terrible game but I hope they fixed what was wrong in the first game with this one, I will not be purchasing it but I hope players do enjoy it!

Helznicht

Hey guys, when is the PC Beta?
JfoV8vp.gif

SirNinja

Idk how, the beta was terrible.

I'm still buying it.

The beta was fine. Not as meaty as the Destiny 1 beta, but it didn't need to be. I appreciate that it fulfilled the role of an actual beta in some capacity (e.g., by having large quantities of players stress-test servers by going to a single PvE/PvP activity en masse), and that it wasn't just the time-limited demo that so many "betas" poorly disguise themselves as nowadays.

Maximus.

People need to realize that' it's only a minority that dislikes destiny. Destiny is still played by a majority of the player base.

"Played by a majority of its player base" - no I don't think so. The original game and following expansions had legit flaws, but I have hope that Bungie will have learned from its mistakes.

Wait, what? Were they actually working on a Marathon reboot??? Damn, I played the hell out of those games on my family's first Mac. What the fans have done with Aleph One is amazing.

The original contract between Activision and Bungie, which was made public during the Infinite Ward lawsuit, stated that during the ten year franchise development of Destiny that Bungie was allowed to yearly move 5% of their workforce away from Destiny and onto a Marathon reboot.

What the state of that is following the collapse of those original plans are unknown. But at that time Bungie was actively planning a reboot (which I still suspect is happening)

Top Bottom