• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 4 |OT| Thread of Water Elementals

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuffyZoro

So I watched the episode again on demand. During the beginning with Finn's nightmare
after they show Finn laughing at the tv it cuts to Billy and for a split second he is the lich. Got it to pause right at the moment and it was freaky, lol. Probably doesn't mean anything more than what happened at the end of the episode, but yeah.

And I don't really knwo what is supposed to be spoilered, so did it just to be safe.

I noticed the blip, but didn't catch what he was. Spooky.

Stoof

I got the first season of Adventure Time back in the summer, and has there been any word on a second season box set or is Cartoon Network still releasing the random collections?

Tendo

They're still being bullshit artists about that.

What is their deal - I'd rather have a physical disc with bonus stuff rather than own them all digitally. The season 1 dvd was rad. The commentary with Tree Trunks was worth it alone.

I got the first season of Adventure Time back in the summer, and has there been any word on a second season box set or is Cartoon Network still releasing the random collections?
They're going to continue releasing both, with the full season sets for adults and collectors and the grab bag sets for kids. The Frederator blog confirmed this a while ago. They have one more Best Of pack to do and then the Season 2 set should hit, making the pattern 2 mixed, 1 set, 2 mixed, 1 set. So S2 should release sometime early next year if we're lucky.

Speaking of the DVDs, I have a costume party to go to tomorrow for work and in a panic for a costume I picked up the Jake VS Me-Mow set with Finn's hat, praying that it would fit. Good news! It does. As far as I can tell its the same hat they sell at Cartoon Network, too - no CN or Adventure Time logos on it anywhere.

Late night edit: I've been wearing the hat since I got it. I don't think I'll ever take it off.

Zekes!

I find the fandom for the gender bend characters to be generally annoying. Mostly because that episode really sucked. I think it also has to do with all the romance. I dislike the pandering the writers do to girls on the show whether it be the gender bend stuff or Flame princess.

I would label it more "tumblr fandom pandering" than "girl pandering"

Tuck

Meh. Gender bent episode was a fun little diversion, but I don't see why the fandom is so obsessed with it. Wasn't that good.

Dmax3901

This show is god damn amazing.

I would buy the shit out of some hardcover 'encyclopaedia' (enchiridion perhaps?) of the world of Oo and all it's lore and characters.

joe2187

Banned
Meh. Gender bent episode was a fun little diversion, but I don't see why the fandom is so obsessed with it. Wasn't that good.

People like strange things, and fans go insane...

Just look at the fanart thread and try not to loose your mind

This show is god damn amazing.

I would buy the shit out of some hardcover 'encyclopaedia' (enchiridion perhaps?) of the world of Oo and all it's lore and characters.

I would buy the shit out of an enchiridion, learn how to kiss a princess? Sign me the fuck up

Jintor

0SVlO.gif

Princess bubblegum does pretty sick science.

Also the Lich felt way more of a threat this episode than his original episode. His plan to take over Billy to use Finn was badass.

You do NOT belittle the Flame Princess's existence to fandom pandering. EVER.

I wouldn't say she is to fan pandering, the gender bender episode happening and there being a sequel to it next season is completely fan pandering. First episode sucked anyways.

Avixph

Princess bubblegum does pretty sick science.

Also the Lich felt way more of a threat this episode than the his original episode. His plan to take over Billy to use Finn was badass.

I wouldn't say she is to fan pandering, the gender bender episode happening and there being a sequel to it next season is completely fan pandering. First episode sucked anyways.
But now he is dead.

I am enjoying the first season too! DiMaggio makes great commentary tracks. I fricking love this show.

CorvoSol

You do NOT belittle the Flame Princess's existence to fandom pandering. EVER.

What? No. Flame Princess was character development. Finn hanging on to an increasingly uninterested PB was getting old fast. Flame Prince, on the other hand . . .

The best part of the gender bent episode, honestly, was that it all wound up as the Ice King's Fan Fiction. That Ice King writes gender-bent fan-fic of two guys who constantly beat him to a pulp is high comedy. That Gunther rolled his/her eyes in disgust while reading "Fionna and Cake meet Finn and Jake" in the comic was amazing.

Otherwise, whatever. I love that the gender-bent episode being Ice King's fan fiction is completely lost on its rabid fans, though.

I have a theory about the show. After watching the opening, I notice that jake and finn show up with wings raising a scroll. I thought about why would they have wings, until, *poof* what if jake and Finn have passed away and their adventures are part of their subconscious. It makes sense how they can have so many zany adventures and all the trippy things that happen in the show. My girlfriend didn't like this theory...

CorvoSol

Have I mentioned how the Billy Song has been kind of a preview of what Finn has to do? Finn's faced an evil Ocean in his Ocean of Fear, the Flame Count in his encounter with Flame Princess, the Lich, and even a Bear.

It's interesting to note that, where Billy's problems were solved violently, Finn has actually peacefully resolved each of these scenarios.

sn00zer

Have I mentioned how the Billy Song has been kind of a preview of what Finn has to do? Finn's faced an evil Ocean in his Ocean of Fear, the Flame Count in his encounter with Flame Princess, the Lich, and even a Bear.

It's interesting to note that, where Billy's problems were solved violently, Finn has actually peacefully resolved each of these scenarios.

Cept he ripped the face off of the Lich
EDIT: Any news of season 2 or 3 DVDs?

CorvoSol

Cept he ripped the face off of the Lich
EDIT: Any news of season 2 or 3 DVDs?

Did he? I thought the Gumball Guardian did that. Finn beat the Lich with a Like Sweater.

Also, I still hold dearly to my theory that the entirety of The Regular Show takes place before Adventure Time, and that the Bubblegum Dynasty traces its roots back to the honorable House of Benson, and that the Candy Kingdom was built over the Park.

iamcenok

Who cares about the Season 2 and 3 dvd sets?

Give me Season 1 on Blu ray! Gaahhh!

And then Season 2 and on

Love this show, Season 4 is by far the best one yet. Has me super stoked to see what they do next season

I have a theory about the show. After watching the opening, I notice that jake and finn show up with wings raising a scroll. I thought about why would they have wings, until, *poof* what if jake and Finn have passed away and their adventures are part of their subconscious. It makes sense how they can have so many zany adventures and all the trippy things that happen in the show. My girlfriend didn't like this theory...
Your girlfriend is correct because it's wrong. Sorry! They have wings because they are cherubs and it's cute. Adventure Time is actually happening, on a post-apocalyptic earth. The reason they have trippy zany adventures is because magic has returned to earth in the absence of humanity.

Where is my... TIFFANY? Hopefully 5th season will deliver him.
Yep, Tiffany will be back.

Great ep, but it wasn't even close to as cryptic or dark as I thought it would be based on comments. I was expecting the whole show to change based on people freaking out.

Oh I forgot to mention that I did receive my Finn Hat DVD combo and the hat is pretty good.

I would say its very much like the one below but definitely not as big, it just fits my head. The DVD hat is just a layer of fleece where as this one has a lining and some cushioning. The hat I originally got would have been perfect apart from the logo on the back which thankfully isnt on the DVD hat. Overall I definitely like the DVD hat better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOC-Jazwares-Cartoon-Network-ADVENTURE-TIME-FINNS-HAT-Plush-Cap-/321008117481?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D3001817594627206361%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D2%26sd%3D150900215082%26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom