• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventures of Mana for PS Vita out now on EU PSN

Aters

I'm in the mode for some light weight ARPGs, but I don't have my Vita by my side now. Why there's always some guy borrow my Vita right before I need it.

hiro4

Expensive day today with this and Zero Time Dilemma.

Played the first part after escaping the fortress.

Good:
You can switch music between old and new. Currently I'm on the new music just checking how it will be. For now it sounds pretty good.
Glad you don't have to use the touch controls.
It feels like Seiken Densetsu!

Bad:
Don't like that when you attack while moving you do a stabbing attack.
Collision boxes feel a bit off. Especially when stabbing.
Don't like the touch screen based UI.

Jury is still out on this. Feels pretty good, but since combat feels a bit off I'm not sure if this is the definitive version. Might be nostalgia goggles though.

heringer

Game is ok, but I wish they would bring Chaos Rings 3 instead. Much better than this and Romancing Saga 2 (God I hate that game).

Jucksalbe

Banned
This is very close to the original, including getting fucked because you forgot to buy extra mattocks before a dungeon. The menus take some time to get used to, but they aren't any worse than the original's. I really like this remake so far (played until right after the vampire boss fight), I recommend it to everyone that still enjoys the original Mystic Quest/Final Fantasy Adventure/Seiken Densetsu.
It's certainly a lot better than Sword of Mana.

Megatron

no physical release, right? So no importing option. This needs to come to na. I wonder if this will be a candidate for limited run games? Could you imagine lrg releasing a physical game here that didn't get a digital release?

This game is so goooood

You can switch between classic GB and rearranged modern music

Everything feels familiar but the mechanics have changed enough to make it feel new-ish. I know the original like the back of my hand but I still get lost every now and then because everything just looks different

Runs perfectly fine on Vita, barring a few hiccups here and there. The menus could be better suited to button controls but you'll get used to it. Combat/movement on buttons is great and I'm glad I don't have to use touch

Thank you Square Enix. I won't stop playing this until I have the Platinum trophy :)

Ca2TEiq.jpg

The Dink

This game is so goooood

Everything feels familiar but the mechanics have changed enough to make it feel new-ish. I know the original like the back of my hand but I still get lost every now and then because everything just looks different

Runs perfectly fine on Vita, barring a few hiccups here and there. The menus could be better suited to button controls but you'll get used to it. Combat/movement on buttons is great and I'm glad I don't have to use touch

Thank you Square Enix. I won't stop playing this until I have the Platinum trophy :)

Ca2TEiq.jpg

Hell yeah. That's what I like to hear. Is there any word of a PS4 release? I...don't have a Vita.

StereoVsn

Man, great move from SE. Feels a lot better buying it on the Vita where I don't have to guess if it will work in 6 months :).

What? Awesome. We need to support this, prove to Square that releasing these kind of game son Vita into English is worth their time, effort and cost and that we can get further IP revivals like this in the future (and ensure we get SaGa Scarlet Grace in English on Vita, as well).

Buying now (even though I have Star Ocean 5 and Zero Escape 3 on the way too and probs buying Grand Kingdom tonight...lol). Swimming in Japanese games again now, loving this. Reminds me of the PS2 era.

What, what, what? A Mystic Quest remake??? My favorite GameBoy game, which I play religiously every year (in my original GameBoy)?
Please be good, please be good...

Easy_D

never left the stone age
What, what, what? A Mystic Quest remake??? My favorite GameBoy game, which I play religiously every year (in my original GameBoy)?
Please be good, please be good...

As far as I can tell with my limited experience with the original, this is pretty much a straight port with better graphics and amazing music

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
As far as I can tell with my limited experience with the original, this is pretty much a straight port with better graphics and amazing music

And a new translation.

redcrayon

Just starting it now, such a huge nostalgia hit from the music. I haven't heard it in 20+ years but it all comes flooding back.

Pejo

What?!? I can't believe this actually is happening. Picking it up even though I won't have time to play anytime soon. VITA just keeps on winning.

Man I had a great time with this game on my Game Boy.

AmanoBuff

I can't believe they stealth released this. Still super glad to finally play it. That is, after I platinum Axiom Verge and Odin Sphere. So in about a month from now. I'll still buy it right now though.

Oh man, and GE also releasing today. Where do I find the time to play all these games!?!?

I also just bought it.

This game is so goooood

Ca2TEiq.jpg

Thanks. Glad to know it runs smoothly.

Thanks for the link!

SkylineRKR

This game.

This is Mystic Quest, and I fucking loved that on the Game Boy. Never played Sword of Mana, heard it was inferior. But this remake is ace. Some things crawl back and I fucking know what to do at the palm trees right away now. Almost there.

Brilliant release and at a very fair price. Get it.

Top Bottom