• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After the sales did you start a new game or resume the current one?

After the sales did you start a new game or resume the current one?

• Kept playing the current one - if it aint broke, don't fix!

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Switched to the new - ahhh, so shiny.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Still bouncing around - variety is the spice of life!

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Something else from my backlog - was staring me in the face all along.

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

AndrewRyan

After the whirlwind of excitement from the Black Friday sales did you change the game you were playing or switch to a new one?

Before the sales I was mostly playing Bayonetta 3. After the sales and trying everything, was fascinated by the ray tracing in Metro Exodus but it's Borderlands 3 that stuck. Shooting mechanics are so nice. Now am switching between Bayonetta 3 and Borderlands 3 depending on my mood.

It got me curious do you switch to a new game after a big sale or stay with what you were playing?

I didn't buy a single game on sale. Been playing GOW:R, Modern Warfare 2/Warzone 2 with friends, and just got The Callisto Protocol.

I hadn't bought a game new since...Elden Ring at release? And I have more than enough games to go through from Epic Games Store freebies and Game Pass that I couldn't justify buying any unplayed games off my Steam wishlist. And I couldn't think of any games I wanted that aren't on PC.

Also, my Steam wishlist is basically there to serve as a reference for when I go to G2A,com to actually buy games for cheap instead of waiting for Stean's seasonal sales.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Got a bunch of games on sale, but I'm still going through the Judgment series.

I don't like leaving games half finished when I'm having fun with them. In fact, I dropped Crystal Project but once I'm finished with the Judgment games I'll get back to that one.

drotahorror

I'm back and forth on Risk of Rain 2, GoW Ragnarok, and Fight Night Round 4.

Only game I bought was mario party superstars cuz it was half price on target.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Bought a ton of new games during Black Friday sales

Just beat Willow on the NES 🤷‍♂️

Bought nothing in the sales. Nothing I really wanted to be fair other than Shovel Knight Dig but it isn’t on sale.

However, got a huge backlog and I’m not starting anything until I’ve finished Ragnarok because it absolutely deserves my time, fantastic game. My next game will be Callisto Protocol followed by Rift Apart.

WX3

Picked up CyberPunk and hope to start it this weekend. Hoping there are enough patches for all the kinks to be worked out by now.
You should be happy with the game. I played it at launch on a One X and just recently tried it with my Series X and the latest update and it is a huge difference performance and appearance wise.

You should be happy with the game. I played it at launch on a One X and just recently tried it with my Series X and the latest update and it is a huge difference performance and appearance wise.
Thank God! One of the few games I’ve wanted to play and would be bummed if it was still a hot mess.

Reactions: WX3

Aion002

The deals were terrible for me this year...

I was planning on getting CoD MW 2, but I wasn't selected for that "just for you" sale on Xbox.

Reality Show GIF by Kim's Convenience

So I ended up just buying another 12 months of game pass ultimate and ps plus premium.

I bought a couple cheap old games. I am playing Elden Ring, and well I'm sure those of you who have played it know how long it is, so it might be awhile before I get to them.

Griffon

I try my new games within 2 weeks, just to be sure I like them well enough within 2 hours to keep em. If not it's a refund, if yes it either becomes my main game immediately or go in the short-term backlog.

Am a one game at a time person.

Checked new purchase for an hour to see everything is ok and if the game is actually interesting.

Then went back to game I was playing.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Haven't fired up one fucking game I bought during Black Friday. I'll probably get around to it during next Black Friday 2023.

DragonNCM

First need to finish Ragnarok...then need to play DS3....then have...DS2....then....I dont have fucking time !!!

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Nah I just spent the few days filling my carts up with computer stuff then deleting everything.. over and over. Didn’t buy anything 😂

Top Bottom