• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of Conan (PC MMO) - Launch Thread

I heard many unlikely rumors
There wont be any italian servers...I cant believe it!! In Wow there are many italian guild in top 100!
and in that game there's no ita servers too.... , I dont wanna have a laggy play, it's fucking sake...

I hope..bah..

f@luS

More than a member.
Just finished with the patch. The intro is cool , but not "blizzard-cool" ^^

really cant wait for the 17

My rhino is ready as i can see in "my account" settings
96112Capture_2.jpg

iamblades

f@luS said:
Just finished with the patch. The intro is cool , but not "blizzard-cool" ^^

really cant wait for the 17

My rhino is ready as i can see in "my account" settings
96112Capture_2.jpg

Yay rhinos:

dzcg2s.jpg

down with mammoths.

ZeroEdge

For those that may be interested in this and are in Canada, I just noticed that Amazon.ca has this listed for 39.99 now instead of 49.99. It may only be $10 bucks off but it was that little nudge that I needed to push me off the fence and into the I'll buy it and try it side. I don't think there is any pre-order bonus or anything with Amazons pre-order but eh you save some coin which is always nice :D

iamblades

ZeroEdge said:
For those that may be interested in this and are in Canada, I just noticed that Amazon.ca has this listed for 39.99 now instead of 49.99. It may only be $10 bucks off but it was that little nudge that I needed to push me off the fence and into the I'll buy it and try it side. I don't think there is any pre-order bonus or anything with Amazons pre-order but eh you save some coin which is always nice :D

Amazon's preorder bonus is a bow you can use at level 20(or is it 25).

Not something you'll be using at endgame probably, but will be a nice help leveling if you roll a rogue class..

Should add that i'm not sure amazon.ca has the same offer, but they should, same company after all.

nataku

Ugh, I can't decide if I want the collectors edition or not.

Does Gamestop have the collectors edition? I don't see it listed on gamestop.com.

Somnia

nataku said:
Ugh, I can't decide if I want the collectors edition or not.

Does Gamestop have the collectors edition? I don't see it listed on gamestop.com.

Quit taking reserves on it quite awhile ago actually.

Does adding more than one pre-order key get you more than one bonus?

I just got the war mammoth code from a friend at gamestop, but I already have the amazon code entered. I wonder if adding it to my subscription will get me both?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
GONZO said:
So what server is everyone going for? PVE or PVP? I hear spawn camping is gonna be nuts.

If FFA PvP is anything like the last day of open beta, then PvE for me all the way. Actually, I'd go PvE anyway, simply because it's so easy to jump into a PvP match to begin with (like CTF, etc) whenever I feel like, saving me from getting ganked while actually trying to quest.

That's crazy that Early Access got "sold out", had no idea that could happen. Seriously, wtf? Glad I got in when I did.

xabre

Banned
I think this could be a rather popular game. Strange though with the mature, male-oriented content and high system requirements.

f@luS

More than a member.
Hey wollan, whats the purpose of the code i received by mail? its sayin with this i can have my mount and the 8 slots things...but i already have that with the code i had when i preordered it.
its another one

Hixx

I really want to play this... only £25 on Game.co.uk too. I mean... WoW is starting to feel dated, and I just want more gameplay wise and this sounds like exactly what I want. Also, experiencing the content with everyone else as soon as it's available is also on my mind, I joined WoW about 8 months after it went live so people weren't really into alts much.

Anyway, I meet all the minimum requirements apart from the frigging processor (2ghz, not even dual core :() so I'm going to nab the game and try anyway, it's only £25 like I said before. Hopefully it'll work on minimum settings etc.

So, quick question about the endgame - I was reading an article a while ago that said stuff like sieging towns with your guild, I'm really into that sort of stuff, but what about endgame dungeons? There'll be PvE raids, right? I'm a bit of an MMO newb, I know nothing about any of them apart from WoW :lol

drizzle

Axel Hertz
About the instanced areas people are bitching about, i have something to say.

While some areas of the game are instanced (at least in Tortage), I encountered a nice "bug" that actually says more than you think.

I was questing in White Islands and wanted to go back to Tortage, so i used the callback thing (you know, the Stone from wow). Somehow, i spawned BELOW the inn, swimming in the ocean, near a beach. If i looked up, i could see the inn and the NPCs in there, but no outside walls.

Looking at the minimap, i was at the far down left part of the map. There were these huge mountains around me and i couldn't climb them. Only way to actually go back to Tortage was to swim AROUND the island, and arrive at the port.

And that took 20 minutes to do (i know because the cooldown on the transport thing is 30 minutes, and when i got to the docks it was 10 minutes remaining). Granted that, when i arrived at the docks, i couldn't cross any bridges (i would just fall right through them), which would require a client restart. But still, 20 minutes to get from the bottom left portion of the map to the center of it is not too shabby.

Later in the beta, when the bug occurred, i've come to find other people sitting there, below the inn, doing nothing, swimming left and right and quitting. I tried to talk to them, but you know MMO people.. they just wouldn't care.

I tried opening a ticket to a GM, but it was faster to just swim back to the docks and restart.

While i can understand why people think the instanced areas are a problem, i think it's really well done. It's miles better than the instanced Guild Wars areas, which are just stupid. This "instanced things breaks immersion" thing is something you have to experience yourself and make a decision. Discussing it is kinda useless.

Ganking on the PVP servers in respawn areas is not THAT BAD. You can just hide yourself (every class in conan has a Hide skill) and walk away. What i found out in the PVP servers is that you probably ok if you don't mess with people. If people mess with you, usually somebody else is going to come and help you out. That's what happened with me. Still, i can understand how the massive amounts of PVP will, eventually, piss you off. We'll have to see.

HixxSAFC said:
I really want to play this... only £25 on Game.co.uk too. I mean... WoW is starting to feel dated, and I just want more gameplay wise and this sounds like exactly what I want. Also, experiencing the content with everyone else as soon as it's available is also on my mind, I joined WoW about 8 months after it went live so people weren't really into alts much.

Anyway, I meet all the minimum requirements apart from the frigging processor (2ghz, not even dual core :() so I'm going to nab the game and try anyway, it's only £25 like I said before. Hopefully it'll work on minimum settings etc.

So, quick question about the endgame - I was reading an article a while ago that said stuff like sieging towns with your guild, I'm really into that sort of stuff, but what about endgame dungeons? There'll be PvE raids, right? I'm a bit of an MMO newb, I know nothing about any of them apart from WoW :lol

All the raids are in the end game I believe, thus far there is like 20 of them? They have different levels so you have to repeat them at higher difficulties as well.

Concept17

I really can't decide on this one... the OB threw me off with the giant instance.

Does anyone have any idea how 'instanced' this game is beyond the initial 20 levels? Does it open up to a large world? Zones? Similar to WoW, DAoC? Or something else?

The gameplay is great, but if the world is mostly instanced, I'll never look at the game again.

Ferrio

Banned
Concept17 said:
I really can't decide on this one... the OB threw me off with the giant instance.

Does anyone have any idea how 'instanced' this game is beyond the initial 20 levels? Does it open up to a large world? Zones? Similar to WoW, DAoC? Or something else?

The gameplay is great, but if the world is mostly instanced, I'll never look at the game again.

Everything is instanced, even after the first 20 levels. Funcom said they were going to keep the amount of instances to a minimum though.

Concept17

Ferrio said:
Everything is instanced, even after the first 20 levels. Funcom said they were going to keep the amount of instances to a minimum though.

Similar to Everquest2 or GW?

EQ2 had all your basic zones... but would often have 2 or 3 instances of the same zones to handle population.

grate

Concept17 said:
Similar to Everquest2 or GW?

EQ2 had all your basic zones... but would often have 2 or 3 instances of the same zones to handle population.

Similar to the way EQ2 does it.

Grifter

the gamestop preorder deal's nice, except they're morons to deal with. my wife preordered and neither gs in the mall has the artbook. we went again next week and again, nothing. she bitched and they gave her this conan figure.

i had to hit the mall a few days ago and this time the manager guy knew exactly where they were and handed us one, it's hardcover and pretty nice!

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Beware if you have a Radeon x850 card, seems like the game doesnt work at all with it and Funcom hasn't said a word about it. Plenty of users including myself can't even get to the login screen

tribal24

Banned
ok im getting hyped for this game damn gaf-_-, i built a new pc recently

amd x2 5000+BE OC 3.0ghz
2gb ddr2 ram
160gb hdd

now all im missing is a graphic card what card would run this on high?

Totalriot

What's going with the pre order right now? As someone else mentioned, Funcom doesn't accenpt any more eary access codes and amazon.de has the game not even listed any more? Plus yesterday, they've sent out mails to people with pre orders, saying their keys won't be shipped until May 21st.

I would be pretty pissed if I had bought a pre order and won't be able to get early access.

ZeroEdge

tribal24 said:
ok im getting hyped for this game damn gaf-_-, i built a new pc recently

amd x2 5000+BE OC 3.0ghz
2gb ddr2 ram
160gb hdd

now all im missing is a graphic card what card would run this on high?

If you can spend around $200 I'd say go with a Geforce 8800GT. It's a great card for the money and can handle almost anything you can through at it. Did a quick search and came back with this: http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=27704&vpn=512-P3-N801-AR&manufacture=eVGA

Now mind you that's at a Canadian site, but still $163 after rebate is a sweet deal for that much card, and I'm sure you could get a comparable price at other places like newegg, etc.

firex

If you wonder what can run it just go to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest and see for yourself. I'm like barely short of the recommended on my processor, so I think I can handle the game fine. And personally I expect this will be a really fun, potentially strategic MMO since AO was a great game that was just a hair smarter than your average MMO.

Top Bottom