• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of SHIELD - Full Trailer (2:47)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from Coulson and Gunn the cast looks Iike a bunch of CW show extras.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on casting, especially since we've only seen a little. I mean, before Dollhouse I'd never heard of Enver Gjokaj and from looks he's straight out of a CW show, but he was breakout star and pretty much awesome from day one. So yeah, I think Whedon casts good people.

I'm still excited after the trailer. Hoping J. August Richards is a regular and not just for the pilot.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I have never read any comics, so I can go into this blind and not be disappointed after comparing it to anything. So yeah, I'll be watching. My bar for quality seems to be set a little lower than everyone else on the Internet's, anyway.

Will watch for Coulson alone.
It might as well be the Coulson Show. It's probably a show that exists solely because of his popularity.

No, no, no. They removed the spear in Europe thanks to Germany. My Region 1 BluRay has the spear intact.

It was censorship, not retconning.
Well thanks for that, Germany. I hope you're proud of yourselves.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Doesn't look good at all. Theres potential for a good Marvel TV show on the smaller players (people like Luke Cage, Hawkeye, and other bit part characters) but this just looks like Dollhouse Again: Those Same Fucking Whedon Characters.

That it doesn't even have Maria Hill as a main (fuck HIMYM for still going) is a big mark against this thing already.

Kard8p3

Oh, if only that was true.

Don't hate, it's an amazing show.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on casting, especially since we've only seen a little. I mean, before Dollhouse I'd never heard of Enver Gjokaj and from looks he's straight out of a CW show, but he was breakout star and pretty much awesome from day one. So yeah, I think Whedon casts good people.

God, Enver was amazing, and he was in the Avengers movie as a cop, so maybe they could work out a way to get him in? ;) Would be the best thing ever.

Kinyou

I hope this has a continuous story arc. After shows like Breaking Bad I can't really go back to those episodic shows that always follow the same routine.

RedShift

I am getting a very strong overly-serious-and-therefore-slightly-camp feeling. I hope this is watchable in the UK without a Sky subscription. :(

Ha, I wouldn't be completely surprised if Sky didn't make you get Sky Movies to watch this. Didn't they do that with the Clone Wars Tv Show?

Probably end up on Sky Atlantic though.

Doesn't look good at all. Theres potential for a good Marvel TV show on the smaller players (people like Luke Cage, Hawkeye, and other bit part characters) but this just looks like Dollhouse Again: Those Same Fucking Whedon Characters.

That it doesn't even have Maria Hill as a main (fuck HIMYM for still going) is a big mark against this thing already.

HIMYM will end. One day. When it's revealed that Ted is actually a psychotic in the year 2020 who has lost his mind and has taken a couple of kids hostage while he rants about his dead wife and imaginary kids. Robin's the ex that shamed him, Barney is the next door neighbor, Lily is the negotiator, while Marshall is the SWAT commander about to break down the door and rescue those kids.

At that final revelation, Cobie's free to join Agents of SHIELD.

HIMYM will end. One day. When it's revealed that Ted is actually a psychotic in the year 2020 who has lost his mind and has taken a couple of kids hostage while he rants about his dead wife and imaginary kids. Robin's the ex that shamed him, Barney is the next door neighbor, Lily is the negotiator, while Marshall is the SWAT commander about to break down the door and rescue those kids.

At that final revelation, Cobie's free to join Agents of SHIELD.

This upcoming season is their last season. They introduced the mother so they have a year to wrap it up.

HIMYM is entering it's last season this Fall. If this can survive a season, there's good reason to think Cobie could join in Season 2.

gazele

Banned
So...are any of these agents from the comics? I don't recognize anyone. Is Carter, Dugan, Hill or Daisy going to be in the show?

Is Ming na's character named Monica?

Cause if so she's from the ultimate universe (not sure about mainline marvel)

If people complained that other heroes didn't show up in Iron Man 3 imagine the mess when this show introduces additional heroes to the universe.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm going to give it a chance. I'm sure Marvel isn't going to skimp on talent to make this work. This trailer is sorta weak, but then again so were all the trailers for The CW's Arrow, and that ended up having an amazingly entertaining and solid first season on a modest budget. This should have a bigger bank to pull from AND some proven talent behind it.

I hope they find a role for Alexis Denisof. My dream for this show is for it to basically just be filled with Angel cast members. Who in the world is J. August Richards playing? I thought Luke Cage until this trailer...but that seems a little too obvious considering how secretive they're being about it. And I've never seen Luke use superspeed, and I could have sworn I saw some of that in this extended look.

I hope they find a role for Alexis Denisof. My dream for this show is for it to basically just be filled with Angel cast members. Who in the world is J. August Richards playing? I thought Luke Cage until this trailer...but that seems a little too obvious considering how secretive they're being about it. And I've never seen Luke use superspeed, and I could have sworn I saw some of that in this extended look.

It's Rage.

I have never read any comics, so I can go into this blind and not be disappointed after comparing it to anything. So yeah, I'll be watching. My bar for quality seems to be set a little lower than everyone else on the Internet's, anyway.

It might as well be the Coulson Show. It's probably a show that exists solely because of his popularity.

Well thanks for that, Germany. I hope you're proud of yourselves.

It was not a issue with German law for once. The German blu-ray has the spear clearly vissible. It is the British version that is cut.

And now to get BACK ONBOARD OF THE S.H.I.E.L.D. HYPE TRAIN!

ascii42

Yeah. Alexis Denisof and Amy Acker, at the very least.

Hopefully Enver finds his way into the show as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom