• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agony tease trailer [PC/PS4/Xbox One]

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The themes and subject matter really spark my interest. Wayne Barlowe, the artist who helped with Dante's Inferno, has some awesome depictions of hell that probably never appeared in the EA game. They're mainly from his personal collection.

His work had these depictions of leaders of hell, Warriors, cities, you name it. Agony has an interesting concept. I'm a bit worried about how it will actually pan out.

There's a game on PS2 called Hungry Ghost, import only. You basically go through this valley of the dead unlocking secret passages and dealing with dead things. It's a fun game. I bought it after reading the Hardcore Gaming 101 article on it.

I want Agony to be fun, but also creepy. I don't want to be stuck doing something boring and the environment can't live up to the hype. I'm actually worried about getting my hopes up.

sublimit

Banned
I have watched a lot of gameplay footage and the game looks interesting.Definitely looking forward for it.
The themes and subject matter really spark my interest. Wayne Barlowe, the artist who helped with Dante's Inferno, has some awesome depictions of hell that probably never appeared in the EA game. They're mainly from his personal collection.

His work had these depictions of leaders of hell, Warriors, cities, you name it. Agony has an interesting concept. I'm a bit worried about how it will actually pan out.

There's a game on PS2 called Hungry Ghost, import only. You basically go through this valley of the dead unlocking secret passages and dealing with dead things. It's a fun game. I bought it after reading the Hardcore Gaming 101 article on it.

I want Agony to be fun, but also creepy. I don't want to be stuck doing something boring and the environment can't live up to the hype. I'm actually worried about getting my hopes up.

I imported Hungry Ghosts a couple of months ago after watching 2 gameplay videos without knowing anything about the game (and then i also read the Hardcore Gaming 101 article) but i haven't been able to play too much of it.But what i have seen of it so far looks like a very interesting and unique horror game.I hope my Japanese someday will improve enough so i can play it and finish it.

Disappointed, this game isn't a side scrolling shooter featuring an owl and awesome tunes...

5459-Agony-1.jpg

Agony-2.png

Agony Main Theme

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I have watched a lot of gameplay footage and the game looks interesting.Definitely looking forward for it.

I imported Hungry Ghosts a couple of months ago after watching 2 gameplay videos without knowing anything about the game (and then i also read the Hardcore Gaming 101 article) but i haven't been able to play too much of it.But what i have seen of it so far looks like a very interesting and unique horror game.I hope my Japanese someday will improve enough so i can play it and finish it.

There's a very detailed translation on GameFAQs you can grab. Its great resource material.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playway/agony/posts/2140581

As you all have been curious about Agony we do have some information for you. Sadly we have to inform you that March 30th will not be the release date. We will inform you as soon as possible with the final release date of the game. Why is this? -With Agony being released across PS4, PC and Xbox we are facing last steps including polishing to support every player- no matter which platform - with the best possible experience. We wish this could have been done faster but ask for your patience to ensure you get the experience you deserver when Agony is released.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playway/agony/posts/2161732

Dear Fans and Supporters!

As mentioned many times, every version of Agony, regardless of the platform, is identical in terms of content.

However, in order to be able to publish the game, we had to make some compromises. Otherwise, we would have had to to delete the whole project and never release it. With that in mind, we have spent a lot of time to make sure that censorship will not affect the perception of the game. That is why for many months we have been conducting interviews with age-rating companies in order not to cut out entire scenes from the game but at the same time modify it enough (e.g. just slightly changing the camera's frame) to get an M (Mature) rating instead of AO (Adult-Only) rating. AO rating means that the game could not be released on PS4 and Xbox One, and we would not keep the promise made on the Kickstarter.

We also want to confirm that we are preparing a special, optional patch for PC that will remove the aforementioned "censorship". We would love to do something similar for consoles but from a technical and legal point of view it is simply not possible.

With that in mind, we decided that backers who have bought the console version of Agony will be able to convert it into a PC version. Details on how to do this will be provided soon in the next update, here on Kickstarter.

Many of you ask us what exactly we had to censor, fearing that the game you have been supporting for years will not be the same experience you hoped for. We do not want to list exactly what's been censored due to possible spoilers, but it is important for you to understand that none of the elements you have seen in Agony's promotional materials (gameplay, trailers, screenshots, GIFs) have been censored. Do not be afraid, the full version of Agony is much heavier than what you've seen so far anyway.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Are they using gifs for flames?
Idk but maybe its generated in the engine. I bet the fire has a loop to it and their trailers have these filters that give off that allusion. The fire could be eternal too. It never goes out and the source of it comes from another dimension.

I'm interested In how you navigate through this place and how each area transitions to the next. I'm getting the PC version just so I can use the patch.

Masatshi

I got it last Saturday for Xbox One X and its god aweful, sadly.... lots of screen-trearing and stutter (and it's not even 4k resolution), sound-errors like repeating dialog or stutter, sometimes loud cracks (digital-noise). It has nudity though but that doesn't help to make the game better. Seems the game is far from finished.... :confused:

drotahorror

I got it last Saturday for Xbox One X and its god aweful, sadly.... lots of screen-trearing and stutter (and it's not even 4k resolution), sound-errors like repeating dialog or stutter, sometimes loud cracks (digital-noise). It has nudity though but that doesn't help to make the game better. Seems the game is far from finished.... :confused:

I got the game for $23 on PC so not a huge loss but all along, even since reveal I figure this game is gonna suck. Even if there is no technical issues all the gameplay I've I seen looks super mediocre. I hope it proves me wrong though.

Masatshi

there was a patch which I downloaded and installed prior to playing the game...
I contacted the developer just now and they said the official day1-patch will be released tomorrow, 5pm CET. I will report back if the technical issues are gone or not after installing that patch tomorrow...

Gold_Loot

Some impressions from the ps4 pro version.
Besides some screen tearing, the seems technically sound , no bugs to report yet after playing for about 2 hours. I absolutely hate screen tear, but the game is dark and it isn’t as bad as what a brighter game would be so, at least there’s that.

I’m enjoying it myself, but I can that this game will be very divided among critics. The game is very lonely , dreadful and dark. If you like the feeling of being lost, you’ll probably like this.

Top Bottom