• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AI assisted cheating built into monitors has finally arrived!

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Jesus this is sad and going to ruin gaming because now pandoras out of the box. Next step is a mouse that gets this info from the screen and adjusts and sends the proper mouse info to basically aimbot.

No longer does your eye tracking or awarness matter.

Sad times for gamers especially those who just want a fair playing field

Pejo

But can it see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Duh, there's swirls of cinnamon sugar on each bite. Cinnamon Toast Crunch, the Taste You Can See®

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If you didnt click the article, here's an example of what the monitor can do for League of Legends players. Wow, imagine if thing works for shooters.

At CES 2024, AI is everywhere, including inside monitors. At its demo suite, MSI showed off the upcoming MEG 321URX QD-OLED display. The monitor has an onboard AI accelerator that, among other things, will detect enemies in League of Legends and put an icon on the screen to show you where they are coming from.

I don't know enough about League of Legends to say whether this officially breaks the rules. But the feature, which MSI calls SkySight, does give the user an advantage that not everyone has, and it's completely undetectable because the AI processing and image generation is happening on the monitor's own hardware, independent of the computer's OS and software.

According to MSI, SkySight works by analyzing the on-screen mini-map to see where enemies are coming from, which is something you can do with your own eyes. But having an AI assistant that watches the map for you and then puts an icon on the screen to show where the threats are coming from is probably a huge help.

The MEG 321URX's AI also tracks your health status in League of Legends, lighting up an RGB LED light bar (called the Spectrum Bar) at the bottom of the bezel to match your in-game health bar. In a demo we saw, the bar was part green and part yellow, which looks exactly like the graphical line on the screen.

Last edited:

Shin-Ra

Because all the mofos will buy it like there's no tomorrow. It will be interesting though ... to beat AI, you will need an AI of your own; meant future multiplayer games will be proxy wars between AI. They will learn and become ever more sophisticated against each other.
Begun, the AI wars have.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
If you didnt click the article, here's an example of what the monitor can do for League of Legends players. Wow, imagine if thing works for shooters.

At CES 2024, AI is everywhere, including inside monitors. At its demo suite, MSI showed off the upcoming MEG 321URX QD-OLED display. The monitor has an onboard AI accelerator that, among other things, will detect enemies in League of Legends and put an icon on the screen to show you where they are coming from.

I don't know enough about League of Legends to say whether this officially breaks the rules. But the feature, which MSI calls SkySight, does give the user an advantage that not everyone has, and it's completely undetectable because the AI processing and image generation is happening on the monitor's own hardware, independent of the computer's OS and software.

According to MSI, SkySight works by analyzing the on-screen mini-map to see where enemies are coming from, which is something you can do with your own eyes. But having an AI assistant that watches the map for you and then puts an icon on the screen to show where the threats are coming from is probably a huge help.

The MEG 321URX's AI also tracks your health status in League of Legends, lighting up an RGB LED light bar (called the Spectrum Bar) at the bottom of the bezel to match your in-game health bar. In a demo we saw, the bar was part green and part yellow, which looks exactly like the graphical line on the screen.
The video I shared above shows it in action

This sounds similar to overlays that are super common with MMOs, just baked into the monitor itself.

Phase

With more and more stuff like this coming out I don't think I'll ever want to jump back into mp fps.

I hope this makes local multiplayer a thing again, like the good old times.
nkarafo nkarafo Interesting thought. It could very well make a comeback in the future as more become fed up with cheating.

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
I want fun, not a bunch of sweaters
Joe Biden Reaction GIF by The Democrats

amigastar

I never understood the mentality of a cheater. I mean what's the point in deceiving people only to get fake fame? I don't understand it.

At a certain point games will have to be built around cheating. Let everyone see through walls, give everyone autoaim, etc.

This is old news. PC folks been doing this on BF2042 cross play for a while now. Maybe it’s only now being reported on, but this has been happening in game for a bit now.

ReyBrujo

Back when we played CS with CRTs we would kick anyone who could headshot you two or three times in a row because they were using LCD monitors with higher resolutions, damn'em cheaters. History repeats itself.

This is old news. PC folks been doing this on BF2042 cross play for a while now. Maybe it’s only now being reported on, but this has been happening in game for a bit now.
With AI incorporated in the monitor?

Last edited:
I'm not really concerned, people are going nuts over "AI" as if a magic robot is taking care of shit for them. In reality it's a monitor that has extra hardware and performs calculations on pixel patterns, trained on specific data. What happens if LoL changes its user interface or has any kind of big update? What about other games? There needs to be a lot of maintenance to ensure any of this continues to work as promised.

Everyone thinks this "AI revolution" is going to be Skynet or something out of an Asimov book, when it's really going to be spellcheck and this fucker.

word everyone GIF

FutureMD

If you have better hardware, you'll be at an advantage, hence the existence of 300Hz+ monitors. If this is really useful, then either other monitor manufacturers will also implement similar features to capture the market or people can just purchase this one for the added advantage.

Ozriel

M$FT
Blocking stuff like this is pointless anyway. Only a matter of time before they start building this into AR glasses so it’ll highlight anything you’re looking at.
Itll work for console games then, too.

Did I just give Nreal et al some crazy business idea they could make bank with? 🤣

Ozriel

M$FT
What happens if LoL changes its user interface or has any kind of big update? What about other games? There needs to be a lot of maintenance to ensure any of this continues to work as promised.

Then someone spends an afternoon to train on the new interface, shares it to everyone else and you’re back in business with zero personal ‘maintenance’.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
In CoD, enemies outside of visual detection still show up on the mini map?

#neverplayedcod
There can be a UAV up that shows most of the enemy team on the mini map, wonder if this monitor can pick up on that
Rentahamster.

Yes they can. An enemy will show up if they shoot their gun as a red dot on the mini map... unless they attach a suppressor to their gun.

Other shit can highlight you too like UAV Heisenberg said..... unless you got a perk that counters it. There's also more advanced UAVs like some COD games have Blackbird with even shows what direction you are facing. So instead of a red dot, enemies are shown as a red arrow thing which points to the direction he's facing.

Never the less, it'll be interesting to see how the monitor implements it into shooters. Maybe the monitor is smart enough to show an enemy as its own MSI red marker on the map or at least which direction he's at even if the guy is using as many anti-detection attachments and perks as possible.

Or maybe the monitor relies on visual detection. But a human panning the camera will only notice so many enemies. But the monitor can even detect a single pixel of an enemy hiding behind a crate half way across the map and it'll still light him up.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Pc online has been a cesspit for years.
This monitor might work for consoles as well

Rentahamster.

Yes they can. An enemy will show up if they shoot their gun as a red dot on the mini map... unless they attach a suppressor to their gun.

Other shit can highlight you too like UAV Heisenberg said..... unless you got a perk that counters it. There's also more advanced UAVs like some COD games have Blackbird with even shows what direction you are facing. So instead of a red dot, enemies are shown as a red arrow thing which points to the direction he's facing.

Never the less, it'll be interesting to see how the monitor implements it into shooters. Maybe the monitor is smart enough to show an enemy as its own MSI red marker on the map or at least which direction he's at even if the guy is using as many anti-detection attachments and perks as possible.
Not gonna lie I will have one of these new monitors before this one launches but if it does come out with this extra AI I will 100% get it in my house and see how it works for science

With how many people run cheats on PC and extra devices on console like Cronus I don't mind seeing how an extra health bar will work in certain games

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This monitor might work for consoles as well
I need TV makers to add this feature to their 65" models!

Hey you never know. I got a new replacement TV last year as Costco comped me a substitute since the repair place couldnt fix it and it's decent enough so I wont be buying a new TV anytime soon unless it breaks. So maybe in 5-6 years when its time for me to buy a new TV, the OLEDs then will have built in AI features!

Last edited:

simpatico

The next few years are going to be very weird until we figure AI out in our lives. Or maybe we never do and we all die.
I'm already using that mofo a lot at work. Loving it and following intently.

There is something cool about this monitor. I'm thinking of a game or a genre where it's a bit of a hardware arms race along with the software skills. Very cyberpunk. We will figure it out guys. We always do. It's gonna be cool.

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Ruining online multiplayer kind of delights me as a single-player (or local multiplayer) gamer who strongly believes that the biggest setback in the history of gaming has been the move to inherently online multiplayer service games.

Any tech that destroys those services from the inside out is hard to hate.

MaskedSwan

Neo Member
TBH, it's not a massive deal for League as someone who's been around the game for well over ten years, but it is worrying what else they might do with this sort of technology in the future.

Kaleinc

Banned
What's the AI part?

New buzzword for housewives. Type some mysterious letters in address bar of AI browser and AI will bring moving pictures to ur living room, and sound too.

//DEVIL//

ffs. when a company promote cheats as an advantage so they can sell their shit .

Hope Devs start hardware ban soon. ban an account in a free game is useless.

Top Bottom