• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aibo's new API's allow it to become the ultimate assistant.

Bryank75

Banned

With its new “aibo Developer Program,” Sony is inviting developers to make “services and applications” that can work with Aibo. I didn’t really understand what that meant until I saw this incredible concept video of what might be possible with the new APIs. Aibo helped monitor a microwave, turn on a robot vacuum, remind a child that she had left the fridge open, and... act as surveillance camera for the child’s mom?

You also hear about so many dogs going to the pound or shelters, I think Aibo would be much better for families than real dogs. Of course price is the biggest barrier.

I think Aibo would be much better for families than real dogs.

No, just no.

When I was a kid, taking care of my dog and bonding with him taught me the importance of responsibility. A life-less plastic toy that's just as easily discarded as it is bought does not provide that.

Bryank75

Banned
No, just no.

When I was a kid, taking care of my dog and bonding with him taught me the importance of responsibility. A life-less plastic toy that's just as easily discarded as it is bought does not provide that.
Well for people that are responsible that is fantastic, I've had dogs all my life and still do but sometimes it just doesn't suit....

Top Bottom