• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aiming

Gamerasi

Gears 5 on pc with controller better than xbox one. Both system on 60 fps. What is different?

The same game reacts differently in 2 different systems. I wonder why.

Sorry for my English.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
wut-5a6942.jpg

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
If I'm not wrong devs calibrate the aim assists different on PC and consoles.
Another thing that can influence is the input delay on PC is way lower than on consoles.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I've found the input lag in both Gears 4 and 5 to be pretty horrendous on the X. Though, I've played both of them in split-screen coop, so I always just assumed that made the input delay worse.

It's just odd though because we also played Gears 1 Ultimate, and had no issues with it at all.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Is there even aim assist on PC?
Depend on game but yes most have using controller... even so it is less than consoles.

Games I know there is aim assist at least on controller on PC: Apex Legends, Fortnite, Destiny 2, CoD, etc.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
I have different opinion on consoles vs pc for shooters...

I shouldn’t be able to jump and spin 360 degrees three times before I hit the ground.

Nor is such precision anywhere near realistic or how recoil becomes insignificant.

it’s cheating... Regardless of having spent the majority of my teenage years playing counter strike like a fiend.

console and pc cross play should not be a thing.

Last edited:

HE1NZ

Banned
Gears 5 on pc with controller better than xbox one. Both system on 60 fps. What is different?

Sorry for my English.
I don't have Xbox One, but I can tell you exactly why Gears of War 1 on PC with a controller is infinitely better than Gears on 360. It's because there's input lag caused probably by lousy v-sync that made Gears games sluggish. Maybe they kept the tradition in 4 and 5.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

I've found the input lag in both Gears 4 and 5 to be pretty horrendous on the X.
I play on the S and it is, in some sections, borderline playable. Pretty much 99% of the game so far I played had input lag ranging from terrible to obscene, only some tiny sections of the game which passed in a few seconds had virtually no input lag. On the other hand in multiplayer it is silky smooth, both PVP and PVE. Only the campaign is affected by it.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Sorry for my English.
Maybe less input lag and more stable framerate on pc? On xbox is not rock uber solid if i remember well.

Lanrutcon

I tried Gears 5 with a controller. Not my thing. Swapped to M&KB and got it done. At the same time, I tried MHW bow play with M&KB and immediately went back to controller on that front. Some games just feel better with a particular control method.

stranno

There are probably some tweaks.

The original Gears of War by People Can Fly introduced a crappy recoil in the PC version, to compensate the KB&M. But they gone really far, the Lancer was less accurate than a bubble gun.

ViolentP

I have different opinion on consoles vs pc for shooters...

I shouldn’t be able to jump and spin 360 degrees three times before I hit the ground.

Nor is such precision anywhere near realistic or how recoil becomes insignificant.

it’s cheating... Regardless of having spent the majority of my teenage years playing counter strike like a fiend.

console and pc cross play should not be a thing.

You sound like you lose alot.

VertigoOA

Banned
You sound like you lose alot.

Not at all.

But you sound clueless however.

Mouse and keyboard is a precision interface. I just think it’s mostly ridiculous that turning speeds are so ridiculously fast that I can spin 360 degrees with a rocket launcher mid-air.

And everything fires on a hairpin trigger.

And yes... pc and console cross play should not be a thing in action games. Console to console sure.

go back to sleep

ethomaz

Banned
Not at all.

Mouse and keyboard is a precision interface. I just think it’s mostly ridiculous that turning speeds are so ridiculously fast that I can spin 360 degrees with a rocket launcher mid-air.

And yes... pc and console cross play should not be a thing in action games. Console to console sure.

go back to sleep
That is indeed true.

Mouse/keyboard is so precise that become unrealistic... I believe devs should make animations to hold the movements to respect physic laws... of course a super human can make the things faster but it will never break the physics law.

But controller is too slow that become unrealistic too... so we need to improve here.

In any case I agree... Cross-play is a feature nobody asked for (except the justice warriors lol)... it breaks a fair play field.

Last edited:

ViolentP

Not at all.

go back to sleep

Look, dingus. You want to fight realism, bitch about unicorn hats in Rainbow Six. Complaining about precision on a PC that has been the norm since the beginning? Get better or stick to consoles, bruv.

Tesseract

Banned
or you could do what valve did and add a 180 snap to the controller bumpers

when i was injured from head to tippy toe, that's what i used to remain competitive with the big dawgs

Top Bottom