• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akinator, the freakiest online "game" you'll ever play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jokergrin

11677767.png

Wow, i was amazed

Stumped it. First guess it gave was the principal from Breakfast Club. Second guess was Robin Williams from Dead Poets Society. Third guess was Professor Plum from the Clue movie.
In actuality, I was thinking of Jerry Hathaway from Real Genius.
2364828.jpg

So, Akinator admitted defeat, but now has a new name for its evil database.

Rapstah

Holy fuck, it got Akinator on very few guesses and wasted most of them on "is your character from X" which I obviously had to say "don't know" on.

VariantX

its pretty creepy, but beat it twice with Foster from ninja gaiden 1 and 3 and Judge Ghis from FFXII on my 3rd and 5th play throughs. Its a really fun distraction to try to come up with the most obscure characters you can think of to try and stump this thing.

Forkball

What's amazing is not only that he gets obscure characters, but that he randomly asks you a crazy specific question with limited and random information. I was thinking of the Sniper from TF2, and after he asks if the character has hair and is from a video game, he asks if he is a sniper and then asks if he is from a Valve game. I then did Geralt from The Witcher and he pulls out "does he have white hair" out of nowhere after he finds out that the character is from a video game and uses swords.

JackEtc

I tried doing the character from Minecraft (Steve), and six questions in, he just goes "Is your character linked with Minecraft?"

Fucking Skynet.

Jokergrin

Forkball said:
What's amazing is not only that he gets obscure characters, but that he randomly asks you a crazy specific question with limited and random information. I was thinking of the Sniper from TF2, and after he asks if the character has hair and is from a video game, he asks if he is a sniper and then asks if he is from a Valve game. I then did Geralt from The Witcher and he pulls out "does he have white hair" out of nowhere after he finds out that the character is from a video game and uses swords.

Yeah, i was thinking of Lieutenant Dan from Forrest Gump

and very early on it asked me "Does your character have legs?"

mcrae

Rapstah said:
Holy fuck, it got Akinator on very few guesses and wasted most of them on "is your character from X" which I obviously had to say "don't know" on.

im surprised when people are floored when it gets things like this. really, do you think you're the only dipshit who thought he'd try to make him guess himself? jeeeez

Niblet

mcrae said:
im surprised when people are floored when it gets things like this. really, do you think you're the only dipshit who thought he'd try to make him guess himself? jeeeez
It is out of line to reply to him that way. Please aim for decency. Akinator is the #1 used character if you check the stats. Not very surprising, but not worthy of instigating personal attacks.

Back on topic, I've only skimmed the first 100 posts of this thread + this page. His results for me have been dead on for the most part. I can only assume that Akinator has gotten much more robust in his answers since this thread was made and that's because it is all based on user input. Very neat site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom