• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 New Gameplay from Summer Game Fest leaked

Experts of Neogaf, can you guys explain this gameplay to us plebs?
My eyes isn't good as yours.

You play half of the game as a different character than Alan Wake and somehow that’s the ultimate crime against humanity.

It’s also digital only so how the fuck do you put this game on your shelf next to the other dust collectors?!

And it’s on the Epic store instead of Steam, which we all know, makes the game unplayable.

Oh yea, almost forgot: that other character. It’s not even a man. And her skintone is NOT WHITE.
Alan Woke II, amirite???

amigastar

You play half of the game as a different character than Alan Wake and somehow that’s the ultimate crime against humanity.

It’s also digital only so how the fuck do you put this game on your shelf next to the other dust collectors?!

And it’s on the Epic store instead of Steam, which we all know, makes the game unplayable.

Oh yea, almost forgot: that other character. It’s not even a man. And her skintone is NOT WHITE.
Alan Woke II, amirite???
Sarcasm?
I don't mind that she's not white. i don't care.
Looking forward to the game.

Last edited:

Skifi28

PR4JIJ6.jpg

Other than 30fps or possibly lower gameplay, felt quite choppy.

feynoob

Alan Woke II, amirite???
Brain.exe has stopped working
Animal Planet The Horror GIF by Puppy Bowl

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Alan Woke II, amirite???

voting.jpg

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
PR4JIJ6.jpg

Other than 30fps or possibly lower gameplay, felt quite choppy.

Did the nxgen console versions of Control hit 60fps?

Northlight is too good an engine for me to peasant it on console, but I imagine Remedy will have a perf mode for console.

decisions

Alan Woke II, amirite???
To be fair, the game being EGS only PS5 actually does mean it’s a PS5 exclusive. Disappointed I can’t use my gaming PC to run this game, graphics looks awesome but I’m sure it’ll look great on PS5 too.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Alan wake was a solid third person poltergeist shooter, can’t wait for the sequel.

ShinFuYux

Beautiful graphics but the animation and character interactions within the environment seems very outdated. Look at them walking down the stairs, that kind of animation reminded me of the PS2/PS3 days.

I guess playing games like the last of us 2 and Red Dead 2, you expect better from other games afterwards.

Bartski

Gold Member
most of this footage was already published in previews like gamesradar. Looks really good, clearly needs time in the oven but I love what I'm seeing

mnkl13

what i noticed is that, visually, it's very similar to Control, just more detailed. just like spider2 is a more detailed version of miles morales. :D

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
what i noticed is that, visually, it's very similar to Control, just more detailed. just like spider2 is a more detailed version of miles morales. :D

Yeah and Im afraid the Max Payne remakes will not feel as tight because of their new engine.

Flabagast

Seems that it still is work in progress as there are LOD issues, and some weird blending in animations (character and foliage). Pretty sure these minor things will be sorted out comes the release.

Everything else looks superb

Seems that it still is work in progress as there are LOD issues, and some weird blending in animations (character and foliage). Pretty sure these minor things will be sorted out comes the release.

Everything else looks superb
Definitely noticed the foliage.

We all ask for foliage interaction when characters collide, but when this dude slightly brushed a fern it almost did a 180 kick flip 😅

Dzab

To be fair, the game being EGS only PS5 actually does mean it’s a PS5 exclusive. Disappointed I can’t use my gaming PC to run this game, graphics looks awesome but I’m sure it’ll look great on PS5 too.
What are you trying to say?

Experts of Neogaf, can you guys explain this gameplay to us plebs?
My eyes isn't good as yours.
Alan Wake battles a shadow force that lives in the Pacific Northwest so you have to explore creepy places at night. Then possessed people come out of the woodwork to attack you. First you have to illuminate the target to weaken it, think flashlight or flare, then you shoot. It's a so-so gameplay loop imo but the story tends to make for suspense, oohs and aahs.

decisions

Okay even if you don't like the digital store it's on, it's still on PC, multiplatform.
You took my first post too literally. I understand there is literally a PC version of the game, but I am expressing the viewpoint a large portion of PC gamers have of boycotting EGS.

Last edited:

Dzab

You took my first post too literally. I understand there is literally a PC version of the game, but I am expressing the viewpoint a large portion of PC gamers have of boycotting EGS.
I know, I was just trying to say that it's a bit silly that people hate EGS that much lol

Top Bottom