• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Isolation - better than the reviews indicate?

Minamu

My copy finally arrived today! So excited ^^ I've only played an hour max, had to turn on a generator by tapping X early on. What I want to know is, can I use the old ps3 camera for the special camera features in the ps4 version?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
My copy finally arrived today! So excited ^^ I've only played an hour max, had to turn on a generator by tapping X early on. What I want to know is, can I use the old ps3 camera for the special camera features in the ps4 version?

I would not recommend it.

Minamu

The PS4 camera will mimic your movement and it will make the game much harder and less immersive.
Hmm okay, not what I've heard. Anyway, it's almost 5am and I'm done for the night :D Can't fall asleep, my heart's pounding something fierce!
I got up to the point where the androids get physical and I have to escape them after talking to Samuels. That android locker room got me good :lol Also didn't know you could hold your breath in the closets, the game decided that half a second away from ripping me out of the closet was a good time to teach me. Barely even saw which button to hold.

I wish there was some kind of checkpoint system or at the very least remember my pickups... Dying and having to redo a trek somewhere is already getting slightly on my nerves, and the game crashed during loading after the very first introduction encounter so to speak.

Fady K

Hmm okay, not what I've heard. Anyway, it's almost 5am and I'm done for the night :D Can't fall asleep, my heart's pounding something fierce!
I got up to the point where the androids get physical and I have to escape them after talking to Samuels. That android locker room got me good :lol Also didn't know you could hold your breath in the closets, the game decided that half a second away from ripping me out of the closet was a good time to teach me. Barely even saw which button to hold.

I wish there was some kind of checkpoint system or at the very least remember my pickups... Dying and having to redo a trek somewhere is already getting slightly on my nerves, and the game crashed during loading after the very first introduction encounter so to speak.

Advice - SAVE OFTEN :D Believe me, even after you progress for 5-10 mins and there is a save point a minute or two nearby, GO SAVE ;D It helped me so much. Saved me a lot of time every time I died.

Minamu

Advice - SAVE OFTEN :D Believe me, even after you progress for 5-10 mins and there is a save point a minute or two nearby, GO SAVE ;D It helped me so much. Saved me a lot of time every time I died.
Oh yeah, at first I thought the save points were a bit weirdly placed early on, but I get it now. I haven't skipped a single save point so far.

The camera only does head tracking if you hold L2 to peek as you normally would without a camera.
I'd be more interested in the sound aspect maybe, I don't know :) I was glad to find that you can peek upwards too, not just sideways. But what about the old ps3 eye camera? Is it compatible with the ps4 at all? Edit: Google says no. Oh well. Cool game either way!

Top Bottom