• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien: Isolation The Novel coming January 2019.

Redshirt

Banned
Huh. I'll give it a shot. I just read the Strange Brigade tie-in novel, and it was surprisingly enjoyable.

But the few recent Aliens novels I've read have been pretty forgettable.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2791/nycc-2018-amanda-ripley-leads-resistance

Aliens: Resistance follows the events of the popular video game Aliens: Isolation which starred Ellen Ripley's daughter Amanda Ripley, fifteen years after the events of the original film. She fought for survival against the monstrous xenomorph aboard a remote space station while attempting to uncover the hidden secrets of her mother's disappearance from the insidious Weyland-Yutani Corporation.

Now, in Aliens: Resistance, Ripley is kept silent by Weyland-Yutani now that the xenomorph threat has been brought to light. But when Zula Hendricks, the Ex-Colonial Marine from Aliens: Defiance, arrives in need of Ripley's help to expose a sinister bio-weapons program, the duo teams up to lead a resistance against an upgraded arsenal designed to keep the darkest atrocities secret!

Aliens: Resistance #1 (of four) goes on sale January 23, 2019.

wipeout364

That alien: defiance comic book was pretty good, interesting to see them combine that with isolation. Zula was a pretty good character and the story was solid ( given the usual level of tie in material).
I read a couple of the new alien books ( out of the shadows) a couple of years ago and they seemed much better then stuff I had read from a long time ago. Hopefully this novel is at that level.

Shmunter

Man, I’m still holding hope for pro/X patch for the game. It was an incredible love letter to the Ridley Scott film.

Yes, I’m clearly deluded.

Zewp

How's the performance on the X at the moment, though? OG Xbox One left a lot to be desired and was often jarring to play when fast reaction times were needed.

I've been thinking about rebuying it on PS4 Pro so that I can finally finish it, but if the performance is good on the X I might hold off until I buy one.

Last edited:
Hmmm I just did my second playthrough of this game this year. In Hard mode. And really the story is kind of bad. I really only play it for the amazing atmosphere and unique gameplay.

Man, I’m still holding hope for pro/X patch for the game. It was an incredible love letter to the Ridley Scott film.

Yes, I’m clearly deluded.

I thought if was already patched? My second play through on pro was much nicer than base ps4 for sure. My first play was on base ps4 and during some scenes the frame rate stuttered bad.

Shmunter

I thought if was already patched? My second play through on pro was much nicer than base ps4 for sure. My first play was on base ps4 and during some scenes the frame rate stuttered bad.

That would be the boost mode I believe. Games perform better, but aren’t enchanted in any other way.

Last edited:

Zewp

Hmmm I just did my second playthrough of this game this year. In Hard mode. And really the story is kind of bad. I really only play it for the amazing atmosphere and unique gameplay.

Yeah, the story for the first half was quite decent. It went to crap after
you discover the xeno nest and find out there are multiple xenos on board
. After that it just slowly got worse and I eventually just lost interest. It was also way too drawn out in the second half. They should have
stuck to one xeno. I don't recall how far into the game the section was where you had to trap the xeno and launch that section of the station into space, but it would have been a great end to the game.

Roni

Gold Member
I second the calls for a sequel. The game was great. With a few tweaks, it could be legendary!

Yeah, the story for the first half was quite decent. It went to crap after

Agreed. The thing about the xenomorph was that it was terrifying to begin with, but after many, many hours it kind of becomes annoying (the androids more so - only a handful of them should've been deadly). I really think the game should've ended when

you spaced the alien. Ripley could've gotten back onboard, the station lock down could've been lift, and that would be it. Short and sweet.

The rest of the game could've been done with DLC, add-ons, etc. Having said that, there were some amazing set pieces and the atmosphere was truly incredible. But the game was simply too long.

Top Bottom