• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alienation |OT| They're coming outta the goddamn walls!

Is there a matchmaking system for the MP or is it friends only, can't see any details on the reviews I have read

Seems like a lobby system to me, where you pick games from a list. Don't know if there are other options available.

I've just had a quick go before bed, which turned into nearly half an hour. It's good. If you like Dead Nation you should enjoy this too, and level design feels better than the spartan environments of Helldivers. Most of the enemies are 'mutants' who aren't really all that different from zombies anyway.

Although I got paired with an idiot squad leader who kept going in the wrong direction and obviously wasn't using the mini map. Happy to play with anyone else if you want; fire me a friend request on Telminator-2.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Kind of confused how Co op works. I select a mission and I can only solo? Doesn't give me an option to select a room.

Dunlop

Seems like a lobby system to me, where you pick games from a list. Don't know if there are other options available.

I've just had a quick go before bed, which turned into nearly half an hour. It's good. If you like Dead Nation you should enjoy this too, and level design feels better than the spartan environments of Helldivers. Most of the enemies are 'mutants' who aren't really all that different from zombies anyway.

Although I got paired with an idiot squad leader who kept going in the wrong direction and obviously wasn't using the mini map. Happy to play with anyone else if you want; fire me a friend request on Telminator-2.

will do, no joy for me on the game for another 4 hours (Canada)..which means tomorrow night after work ; (

Gray Matter

I didn't like dead nation very much, found it very repetitive, but enjoyable in short bursts. Hopefully this isn't the same, that said, game should be set to go by the time I get home from work tmrw.

Venom Fox

Banned
How are you guys playing already?

Based on local time or you change the system time or something?
I had it pre loaded here in the UK. Game is awesome, managed to get two games in, levels are surprisingly long and there's lots of hidden chests and stuff waiting to be found.

One thing I noticed is you have to wonder off the path and explore, it's not like Dead Nation, there's whole areas of the map hidden and sometimes even in the wrong direction.

Edit: Gameplay is like a cross between Resogun style emergency and Dead Nations stye shooting. The two levels I've played are enough to put this well ahead of DN, oh and abilities are wow. WOW.

WhiteWolf

This looks amazing and will be the first Housemarque game I buy. Preordered and ready to blast aliens into glorious, colorful, M-rated bits.

aka_bueno

Asking again, but anyone down to get some co op going online? If so let's add each other and group up and get some missions going tonight when it goes live!

ChanMan

Asking again, but anyone down to get some co op going online? If so let's add each other and group up and get some missions going tonight when it goes live!

I am down for some co-op, but I can't %100 guarantee i'll be ready for tonight (EDT). Nevertheless my psn is Rammel29

MrS

Banned
Played it for an hour and finished 4 of the mini level things. The game is really good! Tons of fun and quite challenging. Hardcore mode is gonna be brutal.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Any chance this ends up on PC? Helldivers came to PC, yes?

None of their other games that were released on Sony consoles came to PC, so...

autoduelist

I was going to try to quietly ignore this release due to being overwhelmed by other new games... but it's freakin' Housemarque. I think I need it. Scratch that, I know I do.

antitrop

I was going to try to quietly ignore this release due to being overwhelmed by other new games... but it's freakin' Housemarque. I think I need it. Scratch that, I know I do.

I'm so glad they still have two other games in development right now (Matterfall and "The Eugene Jarvis Project"), I need all the Housemarque I can get.

Xevren

Was going to play tonight once it goes live, feel free to add me and we can play. Xevren11 is my psn

Man such a shame that I gotta get up early for work tomorrow, or else I'd wait until it unlocks to play it. Gonna have to wait until I get back from work :(

drotahorror

lol i can sense the salt in your post

stay salty

I would get tired saying salt and salty all the time, which I'm sure you use it regularly. Guess that shit will never get worn out.

He's right though 60fps would make this game much more enjoyable. Regardless still hype as hell for midnight.

lol i can sense the salt in your post

stay salty

U0RoVrm.gif

he said the game would be "10x" more enjoyable on pc.

do you believe that?

So he's being a bit hyperbolic and you're being an ass. Glad we cleared that up. I'm sure plenty of people would enjoy the game more if it were a solid 60. I for one didn't realize it wasn't, but given the visuals, I'm not surprised.

Still looks fun though, and Housemarque rarely disappoints.

Top Bottom