• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens Dark Descent Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member
Aliens: Dark Decent announced, coming 2023 to PS4/5, XSX/S, XBO and PC

FU1GF2QXsAE6d5S

FU1F_4VXwAAC2iU

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

No pressure on this then to be as good as the near decade old Alien Isolation....more so with how long the gap has been...

Why has no publisher looked into making a sequel to Alien Isolation? Its been about 8 years and fans have been clamoring for a sequel ever since. Did it really not sell so well?

RAIDEN1

Why has no publisher looked into making a sequel to Alien Isolation? Its been about 8 years and fans have been clamoring for a sequel ever since. Did it really not sell so well?
Well unless you bring back some of the key members of that team, then it would happen, that game was probably the best Alien game ever, good enough to be its own movie, and that is a tall order for other developers to match...

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Wait is this a twin stick game? The final shot in the trailer looked that way.
I don't see how it looks like a twin stick shooter, the way everyone is standing and shooting looks more like a squad-based RTS type game.

edit: Yeah it's labeled as an RTS on Steam... this isn't a twin stick shooter I don't think

Last edited:

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Aliens: Dark Decent announced, coming 2023 to PS4/5, XSX/S, XBO and PC

FU1GF2QXsAE6d5S

FU1F_4VXwAAC2iU

Drop into the gripping journey of Aliens: Dark Descent, a squad-based, single-player action game in the iconic Alien franchise. Lead your soldiers in real-time to stop a new and terrifying kind of Xenomorph outbreak on Moon Lethe.

Count me "cautiously optimistic" with this one. When it comes to Alien games, you'll get anywhere from excellent-Alien: Isolation to average-Aliens-Fireteam Elite and garbage-Aliens: Colonial Marines.

When I was playing The Ascent, all I could think about was "Wouldn't this be amazing if we got an ALIENS game in this style?"

I hope they don't screw this up. 🤞

manfestival

Isometric does not bother me at all but I am willing to give this a consideration once more comes out about the game.

VN1X

Banned
Fantastic! We desperately need more Alien(s) games so I'm all about this. Seems like it'll even boast some high production values.

Laptop1991

Isometric has put me off, i haven't played a game with that view since Balder's Gate, i wouldn't play Fallout 1 and 2 because of it, if it was 1st person and made well i would of considered playing the game, which was why Aliens vs Predator 1 and 2 were so good back in the day imo.

Esca

I'm interested sure to being a big aliens fan but isometric kills this for me. First person the atmosphere comes alive

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
Disappointed this is a twin stick shooter. My ideal Alien game would be a combination of both Alien Isolation and a more traditional military shooter. So both Alien and Aliens in the same game, basically.

Kuranghi

Is it like a sort of tactical RPG, but real-time? Or something where you control one guy (any of them) and they assist based on behavior you set, ie a more complex Cannon Fodder?

BodhiHogie

Neo Member
Just want to get in on this thread to agree Isolation was fantastic. The script was better than anything Hollywood has come up with post Aliens.
In the gaming world, Isolation is the only one that got it right imo, and strangely the introduction of the flood in Halo CE did it for me too. I didn’t have a pc back in the day, so I can’t comment on the AvP games.
I enjoy twin stick shooters, but I don’t feel the Alien’s license is going to add very much value to that genre.

vpance

Is it like a sort of tactical RPG, but real-time? Or something where you control one guy (any of them) and they assist based on behavior you set, ie a more complex Cannon Fodder?

Probably like Shadow Tactics and Desperados, but controlling a squad. Or more recently Partisans 1941.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We had a chance to check out a hands-off demo of Focus Entertainment's Aliens: Dark Descent, the latest terrifying game in the Alien series which sees you command a squad of Colonial Marines during a Xenomorph outbreak! Here's what we know about it so far.

Top Bottom