• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Fireteam Elite - Announce Trailer (Xbox One, Xbox Series, PS4, PS5, Steam)

molasar

Banned

E6btlnsWEAAmAB-

molasar

Banned
Japanese preview article with new screenshots.

Last edited:
I know you love your Aliens and Predator molasar molasar but is there any actual gameplay of this game in action as we are less than a month out and we dont know much else

i preordered it but i dont want this to be another Predator Hunting grounds as that game left a pretty foul taste in my mouth

That actually doesn't look too bad
Looks pretty good but I'm leaning into the YT comments about why do the aliens have outlines etc. The scary part was always the alients being unseen, like the movies. Boom then they've got you through tunnels or hiding in the shadows or dropping from the ceiling etc. It feels a little like handholding 101 with outlines etc and takes away from the atmosphere of Alien(s).

EDIT: didn't read the post right above mine. If all that is taken away on higher difficulties then cool, bring it on.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I'm so glad they actually had a social road map put together. Stoked about all of this footage. Can't wait for this, and I'm really hoping for the best.

Rat Rage

It looks absolutely shitty. You can't get more "generic cover shooter" than that.

MiguelItUp

Cautiously optimistic about this one. Looks very unpretentious and seems to deliver what's on the box....you and your buddies in an Aliens horde mode.
Honestly, that's what I wanted more than anything. I mean, of course I wanted a revolutionary Aliens experience, but it was apparent we weren't getting that from the start when we found out Cold Iron was on it. Nothing against them, just not a huge and incredibly successful dev. It doesn't appear to try to innovate the wheel, unfortunately. But honestly, I'm fine with it being a fun time with friends in the Aliens universe. Especially more so than anything awful.

Shit, it looks a lot better than Colonial Marines, so at least there's that.

molasar

Banned
It looks absolutely shitty. You can't get more "generic cover shooter" than that.

Then describe how to make cover mechanics or 3D TPS ones better.

Also how the game's graphics or aesthetics relate to hardware requirements and the game's performance?

molasar

Banned
Honestly, that's what I wanted more than anything. I mean, of course I wanted a revolutionary Aliens experience, but it was apparent we weren't getting that from the start when we found out Cold Iron was on it. Nothing against them, just not a huge and incredibly successful dev. It doesn't appear to try to innovate the wheel, unfortunately. But honestly, I'm fine with it being a fun time with friends in the Aliens universe. Especially more so than anything awful.

Shit, it looks a lot better than Colonial Marines, so at least there's that.

Let's not forget that this is the first Cold Iron's game. And no company makes only great games consistently. No matter what previous experience of employees was.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Let's not forget that this the first Cold Iron's game. And no company makes only great games consistently. No matter what previous experience of employees was.
Very true and worth mentioning! Honestly for a first go, this is already looking better than a lot of other games we've seen, especially from a AA dev.

molasar

Banned
Very true and worth mentioning! Honestly for a first go, this is already looking better than a lot of other games we've seen, especially from a AA dev.

I personally expected it to be 3D co-op TPS on arcadey side. Not overcomplicated with other elements. And based on previews it meets my criteria.

Also I do not care about graphics as long as they are decent and performance is great.

MiguelItUp

I personally expected it to be 3D co-op TPS on arcadey side. Not overcomplicated with other elements. And based on previews it meets my criteria.

Also I do not care about graphics as long as they are decent and performance is great.
Ditto across the board, man.

edbrat

There's nothing big or clever about this game but I really want to play it, will def give it a go if a coop shooter sticks and you find some good people to play with these things can pay off spectacularly.

I gave the development team at Cold Iron some DLC ideas for the game on Twitter. My first "pitch" was DLC based on "Hadley's Hope", "Gateway Station" and "The Sulaco". Some Cold Iron devs liked the tweet/idea. Hope they consider it. A L I E N S is my all time favorite movie.

Anyways, game looks ACE!!

5-min.jpg
Locking nostalgic locales behind a paywall would be a good business tactic indeed.

Top Bottom