• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Avatar Sequels Delayed (Again)

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Yup, the Avatar movies as well as Star Wars and Marvel is all being affected too.

That screenwriters strike with some serious shit it seems.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Am I crazy or were they working on Avatar 2-20 sort-of-simultaneously to limit future delays? I thought I read that.

Isn't Cameron the primary writer of these movies?
Well yeah that's possible unless he's one of them on strike.

But it just seems all the Disney movies are being delayed so I figured it might have something to do with that.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Am I crazy or were they working on Avatar 2-20 sort-of-simultaneously to limit future delays? I thought I read that.

Isn't Cameron the primary writer of these movies?
Yeah, Avatar 3 finished filming in 2020, and a lot of 4 has been shot as well. I guess since these films are such a CGI spectacle, and much of the actual production stage was capturing mocap footage, it takes a lot longer to actually design the visual contents of the film.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
It is like what Copala said of Lucas. We probably missed out on some great films because George got so wrapped up in Star Wars.

Camerons worst movies are avatar.
I doubt even Cameron would be able to make something really original in the Hollywood of today. I mean, that place is a shitshow. No wonder he just sticks to Avatar.
There is no creative freedom any more in todays blockbuster movie making.

GeekyDad

Bernie Mac Day GIF

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Nah I doubt it will be very long. Most of the next avatar was basically filmed at the same time as way of water. It’s all just cg work now.

Top Bottom