• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Cyberpunk 2077 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

Kadayi

Banned
Title says spoilers and yet after 8 pages i havent seen anything interesting or important

People only talks about pedestrians on the street

Bit dissapointing

Crowd density became a significant concern because when the original leak happened the streets were deserted at night. However the talk has been, that section takes place in an area that's essentially in police lockdown. Other clips since have shown a lot more people doing the rounds. The expectation is that crowd density will be less on the consoles versus PC due to the processing demands, but honestly having seen some of the console footage, it didn't seem like the wasteland people were initially making out.

Links are getting taken down a lot.

Last edited:
W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone seen this on the shelf early, other than those Best Buy pre-orders that shipped?

I remember when the original Mass Effect was released, I found it on a K-Mart shelf almost a full month before the release date. Sadly that stuff doesn't seem to happen anymore.

Crowd density became a significant concern because when the original leak happened the streets were deserted at night. However the talk has been, that section takes place in an area that's essentially in police lockdown. Other clips since have shown a lot more people doing the rounds. The expectation is that crowd density will be less on the consoles versus PC due to the processing demands, but honestly having seen some of the console footage, it didn't seem like the wasteland people were initially making out.

Links are getting taken down a lot.
I have yet to see a clip or screen with a lot of people.

Kadayi

Banned
Others open worlds, mostly obvious GTA and the first DEMO 2018

GTA V doesn't have anywhere near the same degree of fidelity with its NPCs (they are the definition of moving wallpaper), and the demo footage was on a high-end PC, not a console. It's SOP for a reveal to be putting its best foot forward in terms of what's on display. No doubt when the next-gen patch comes out for XSX and PS5 that fidelity will be raised some more.

GTA V doesn't have anywhere near the same degree of fidelity with its NPCs (they are the definition of moving wallpaper), and the demo footage was on a high-end PC, not a console. It's SOP for a reveal to be putting its best foot forward in terms of what's on display. No doubt when the next-gen patch comes out for XSX and PS5 that fidelity will be raised some more.
GTAV is a 7 years old game and 7th gen game, when released was head and shoulders above any other Open World, still holds incredible well, no way Cyberpunk density will be like 2018 demo even on high end PCs,we will see.

Kadayi

Banned
3 More videos of PS5 footage (In French though)

Download (get them while you can) : -

Downloads play better than the streams

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned

Get them while you can

What's the framerate on these videos? I'm too tired to tell 😂

mansoor1980

Gold Member

holy shit that looks great

THEAP99

Banned

Looks serviceable. At least it's 60fps ig

yea man that looks srsly awesome ,that driving section in the rain is 60 fps locked , wonder how much the fidelity will improve with next gen patch?
Yeah I’m wondering that as well, seems like it already looks pretty crazy graphically I wonder what the next gen features will actually be? More pedestrians and like raytracing?

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Yeah I’m wondering that as well, seems like it already looks pretty crazy graphically I wonder what the next gen features will actually be? More pedestrians and like raytracing?
i hope so cuz the console versions of witcher 3 were disappointing graphically IMO , the 60fps mode will spoil any one

Hope there is some base PS4 footage soon.

I got a copy and guys, it is not pretty. I'm playing on a slim and it looks washed out, almost like a switch port. I can't tell how much of the games problems are just related to bugs that affect all versions, but whenever I drive there is slight freezing, and usually the game will freeze randomly while walking around. They definitely decided to take a hit on graphics to get it to run smoothly on base consoles, but there are still noticeable problems and the game looks really rough. And I'm not a graphics guy at all, never have been. But if it's bothering me I can only imagine how others are going to take it.

I'm not saying Cyberpunk is a bad game because what I have played so far it is really good and I can tell there's a lot of promise. But I don't think this game is meant to run on anything less than a PS4Pro/XB1X.

Last edited:

pokerlife

I got a copy and guys, it is not pretty. I'm playing on a slim and it looks washed out, almost like a switch port. I can't tell how much of the games problems are just related to bugs that affect all versions, but whenever I drive there is slight freezing, and usually the game will freeze randomly while walking around. They definitely decided to take a hit on graphics to get it to run smoothly on base consoles, but there are still noticeable problems and the game looks really rough. And I'm not a graphics guy at all, never have been. But if it's bothering me I can only imagine how others are going to take it.

I'm not saying Cyberpunk is a bad game because what I have played so far it is really good and I can tell there's a lot of promise. But I don't think this game is meant to run on anything less than a PS4/XB1X.
You dont have day 1 patch installed

I'm not saying Cyberpunk is a bad game because what I have played so far it is really good and I can tell there's a lot of promise. But I don't think this game is meant to run on anything less than a PS4/XB1X.

Damn. Thanks for the impressions. Yeah, day 1 patch is not installed but this doesn't bode well. I'm guessing my PC can handle it better.

Not liking the change in that 3rd video.

Remember from the original 45 min trailer where you sneak up behind than Scavenger, grab him, put his head under ice water in the sink and then shoot him. You straight up execute him. Well in this vid they changed it to be less violent. Instead of executing him in the sink, the sink is a freezer and you just toss him in there. Lame.

In this Sony censorship or is this a change across the board?

EDIT : But I'm liking the change in the first video. There was an earlier version of that section of the game where Jackie is driving you into a parking garage. He ended up smashing through a wall of sorts, and then ramming into a wall, completely forgetting how to drive.

In this new version, everything goes well. Jackie dives properly and everything looks fine. Maybe this was that 43GB update that was "not the day one patch"?

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned

Hate to be that dude but could you provide proof that you actually have the game? Thanks for the impressions if you do own it.

EDIT: HE DOES OWN IT!

Last edited:

Inviusx

The streets are dead, looks like Night City has been hit by Covid lock downs as well.

Seriously though, this thing needs to run on the 7 year old Xboner so I guess we can't expect too much.

Yeah people should be prepared for base PS4/XB1, with no SSD, to have rough performance.

Clearly the game was made for PC first and is so ambitious that it has just honestly been made for above XB1/PS4 level hardware. Later they had to shoehorn the game down into those base consoles.

I don't say that because I have first hand experience. It's just what I think.

Top Bottom