• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PSVR owners need these lens protectors

jweaver

Neo Member
Just reduced the price by a small amount, just to try and clear any backlog of people interested before the Christmas rush....

Fahro

I bought the second version of the VR. Are the lens protectors still recommended? Can I use the same ones as that are available?

jweaver

Neo Member
I saw your listing on ebay and your comment as well about shipping to the US. So if I were to order these today, how long do you think they would take to get to the US, 20853 specifically?

Also, will you feel any added pressure since the glasses will be pressed up against the rubber bumpers?

Sorry.. I missed all these posts...

The original design for these (which you can find on various 3D printing sites) are too tall and press hard against the glasses.

I designed my own and made countless prototypes until I found the pefect size that keeps glasses a few mms of the lenses but does not apply any pressure.

So there is no obvious downside to using them.

As for US shipping, it officially takes 7-10 days PLUS what ever US customs do with them.. Generally most arrive within 2 weeks, but I have had a few take much less (my record is 4 days to Canada).

Anything else, just ask.

Jon

jweaver

Neo Member
I bought the second version of the VR. Are the lens protectors still recommended? Can I use the same ones as that are available?

Yep.. Exactly the same as the V1.. I assume the V2 would have some changes in this area, and perhaps include some kind of protection.. But the lenses in the new version are EXACTLY the same as the Original, and the need for protection is the same.

My lens protectors work equally well in the new "V2" version.

Fahro

Sorry.. I missed all these posts...

The original design for these (which you can find on various 3D printing sites) are too tall and press hard against the glasses.

I designed my own and made countless prototypes until I found the pefect size that keeps glasses a few mms of the lenses but does not apply any pressure.

So there is no obvious downside to using them.

As for US shipping, it officially takes 7-10 days PLUS what ever US customs do with them.. Generally most arrive within 2 weeks, but I have had a few take much less (my record is 4 days to Canada).

Anything else, just ask.

Jon

I bought the deluxe version last weekend on eBay. Is this already the new version?

My half-ass long term review:

I've been using the deluxe protectors for a while and they've been great. There is a clear difference when using them. No more 'clack' sound of glass hitting glass! And shipping to STL, USA was very fast.

Wonko_C

I'm glad I found this post, I'm going to order one pair in a few minutes. I hope mexican postal service doesn't sit on them too much on customs before sending them my way.

(Once I had to wait 6 months for an envelope to arrive and that's only because a second envelope was sent to me 3 months after the first one was sent... The second one probably "reminded" the post office I was waiting for a previous envelope way before, I ended getting up both at the same time)

jweaver

Neo Member
And update.

Its seems that my design has being copied and being sold on a wholesale basis to people who dont even know what they are just for protift and are finishing them to less than exact standards.

Some are even listing them as “deluxe” and using MY photos and description, yet selling something more like my “classic”.

Mine are only available from the links in the posts above and are made to meticulous standards, so please bear this in mind if you are looking to buy.

They may be a little more expensive but you get what you pay for and mine are made of the best materials and countless researching and tweeking the design

Cheers.

Last edited:

jaydogg691

Sucks that people are imitating your product.

The good news is that I was looking for this post and wanted to know if you still have the product in stock? I got to borrow a VR headset from Sony and from the short time I had the headset I noticed scuffs on the lenses and my glasses 🤓. I still haven’t opened my headset that I got for Xmas and would like to use these protectors. Shoot me the link please.

Topper

I bought these awhile back on reddit from jweaver as I wear glasses and didn't want to mess up my PSVR, they are fantastic I have no stress now about scratching my PSVR lens. jweaver is standup guy as well, I accidentally paid too much due to miscalculating the exchange rate and he refunded me the difference even though I would of had no idea :D. There really is no reason not to get these if you have PSVR.

Wonko_C

Just to keep jweaver on the loop:

Mexico's postal service's driving me nuts as usual: The ones you shipped at the end of november haven't arrived yet and there's no way they will help me at all. Most likely they're sitting at customs alongside thousands other envelopes/packages for months, until they run out of space to keep piling on and decide to start shipping the stuff. (That's what I've heard they actually do from someone who claims to have worked there.)

I hope my situation doesn't negatively impact you on eBay. Last week I got an email from them asking me to review the product, LOL.

Last edited:

jweaver

Neo Member
Just to keep jweaver on the loop:

Mexico's postal service's driving me nuts as usual: The ones you shipped at the end of november haven't arrived yet and there's no way they will help me at all. Most likely they're sitting at customs alongside thousands other envelopes/packages for months, until they run out of space to keep piling on and decide to start shipping the stuff. (That's what I've heard they actually do from someone who claims to have worked there.)

I will PM you.. Perhaps I could just send you another set to be sure.. Who knows, they may just pass through customs without issue?

Edit: Looks like there is no longer an option to send a Private Message (or atleast I can't find it).. I will ping you via eBay.

Last edited:

jweaver

Neo Member
what happens if the sticky endings no longer become sticky?

I am not sure I follow.. What do you mean by sticky endings? You basically peel of the backing tape to reveal the acrylic glue and stick them on.. And they are there to stay permanently.

If you ever need to remove them you can simply fold or twist them and they come off, then the tape can be peeled of leaving no residue.. And if you need to re-attach them, simply get in touch and I can supply more glue/tape.

I am not sure I follow.. What do you mean by sticky endings? You basically peel of the backing tape to reveal the acrylic glue and stick them on.. And they are there to stay permanently.

If you ever need to remove them you can simply fold or twist them and they come off, then the tape can be peeled of leaving no residue.. And if you need to re-attach them, simply get in touch and I can supply more glue/tape.

so I'm returning my headset for a new one due to a scratch on the lens (made before i bought the protectors)

if I take them off this headset will it still be sticky enough to be placed on another or will I need more of that stickiness?

Judging from your post it sounds like I may need more

Last edited:

so since I'm not on any social media this is like my only way to contact you, just checking to see if it will be okay if I simply take them off and place them in a new set with no issues (before I actually attempt to do so)

The new set hasn't arrived yet but it would kinda be nice to hear an answer before then (if i should just interact with u on that other forum please let me know also)

Last edited:
Top Bottom