• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Almost Human |OT| Bromantic Blade Runner – Mondays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Matt Zoller Seitz's review for THR
You’ve seen every bit of this elsewhere. It’s Dystopia 101 with a minor in Ridley Scott Studies. But if you’re going to steal, you might as well steal from the best, and do it with feeling, as Almost Human does. The show is derivative but passionate, verging on corny. It means what it’s telling us and showing us, and there’s a sense of curiosity and commitment in every frame. If I seem lukewarm on it, it’s only because it’s barely started and I don't want to over- or undersell it. Like alleged technological miracles, opinions on new TV shows are subject to upgrade — or recall.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'm curious as to what the mythology will turn out to be like. There's always a strong plot element behind JJ Abrams' shows.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So this starts Sunday then moves to Mondays? Also, the OP is realllllly hard to read on the superior NeoGAF dark theme. I hate when OP makers ignore that.

bishopp35

The reviews are definitely mixed and the fact that Fox only send out the pilot for the reviewers is troubling . I hope that just like Fringe the show can overcome the bumpy start.

Tucah

you speak so well
Hope this ends up being good, Karl Urban is too awesome to waste. I have to have a little faith though, Fox has a pretty good season for new shows with two of my favorites (B9-9, Sleepy Hollow).

This is the show that I was most excited about when pilot season came and went. Crossing my fingers it'll be good and can't wait for tomorrow!

TheOddOne

Series premiere today:
Season 1: episode 1 "Pilot"

Directed by Brad Anderson (The Machinist, Transsiberian) and written by J. H. Wyman (Fringe)

In the near future, detective John Kennex survives a devastating police ambush and is partnered with an android named Dorian.
tumblr_mwc39uEGyR1shd5n7o1_250.gif
tumblr_mwc39uEGyR1shd5n7o2_250.gif

Ashok

Banned
Well, back in 2008 I remember reading:

#FRINGE review: If you liked #XFiles, but wished it didn't have all those interesting characters, this is the show for you!

So far the special effects in this show have been movie-like. I don't know if they can keep this up for an entire season but it's been amazing for the pilot.

Epcott

It's like Armatage, with a guy bot instead of a gal bot.

Also, Fringe season 1 was bland compared to later seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom