• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alone in The Dark gets New Gameplay Footage

Draugoth

Gold Member
For those who are excited about the new Alone in the Dark, which can even be considered a Remake/Reimagination, the game recently received new gameplay videos:

Three YouTube channels had the chance to play and share videos with us giving to give a taste of what the game has to offer with its gameplay combined with terrifying scenes and plenty of exploration.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
That German broad

dog perform GIF

Kikorin

Looks junkier and cheaper than what I would have expected from the reveal and fights seems terrible, but it doesn't looks bad. Actually I think it seems pretty interesting and could be a good fun for an AA game.

Atmosphere looks great tho, I just hope is more focused on puzzles/explorations than combats and cold be nice.

MiguelItUp

Something about this just feels off to me, not sure what it is. Environments look great, immersive even. But it just looks a bit janky, which I guess isn't too surprising considering how long it's been and we haven't really seen solid gameplay until this point. Could still end up pretty good, and I may check it out some day, but not day 1.

I never played the full original, only demos here and there. How true is this looking to the original? Is it meant to be a true remake of the original at all? I always assumed it was meant to be.

This has 6/10 and delusional "Hidden gem!" threads written all over it.

I've learned to just believe weak-ass looking trailers when that's all they've got to show.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I must be the only one that liked The New Nightmare.
And I thought Inferno was interesting, maybe held back by the technology at the time.
Not saying they are 9/10 games, but worth a play.
This one there's something I just don't like about it.

Last edited:

kunonabi

And I thought Inferno was interesting, maybe held back by the technology at the time.
New nighmare was good until the Indian spirit stuff. I love the X360 game despite its problems. Didn't care for the inferno version though.

I am concerned when high profile actors appear in video games, especially AA games. It is usually a red flag that the game has a shit budget and are relying on actors to sell it, not the gameplay. This looks interesting tho, definitely digging the setting and atmosphere, which is like 50% of what makes a horror survival game good

I must've tried to start New Nightmare at least four or five times back in the day. I still don't recall why I dropped it every time.

Alan Wake

I've pre-ordered the Collector's Edition and I'm sure I'll like the game . But it will probably pale in comparison to Alan Wake 2.

Last edited:

Alan Wake

No, I liked it when playing it back in 2001, despite that feeling of a cheap Resident Evil clone. I replayed it on my Dreamcast this past summer and still enjoyed it for what it was. Maybe a 6/10 today, but still a decent game. I especially liked that you could choose to play as Carnby or Aline, and that the game differed somewhat between them (Carnby's adventure was more action focused, Aline's more puzzle focused).

FeralEcho

This has 6/10 and delusional "Hidden gem!" threads written all over it.

I've learned to just believe weak-ass looking trailers when that's all they've got to show.
To be fair,I've enjoyed these types of more janky "6/10" games as you call them more than most of the modern 9/10 garbage that permiates the medium all with their woke garbage that always try to hinder the experience to teach you a lesson about diversity,inclusion or other garbage as if I'm in school after paying for my entertainment.After seeing the scores Robocop Rogue City got from "critics" while complaining about the police department in the game not being an accurate representation of its real life police force and seeing how good the game is I couldn't give a shit if reviewers gave games I'm interested in a 2/10...They have clearly lost their goddamn minds.
And actually that score might mean the game is actually worth a damn.

To be fair,I've enjoyed these types of more janky "6/10" games as you call them more than most of the modern 9/10 garbage that permiates the medium all with their woke garbage that always try to hinder the experience to teach you a lesson about diversity,inclusion or other garbage as if I'm in school after paying for my entertainment.After seeing the scores Robocop Rogue City got from "critics" while complaining about the police department in the game not being an accurate representation of its real life police force and seeing how good the game is I couldn't give a shit if reviewers gave games I'm interested in a 2/10...They have clearly lost their goddamn minds.
And actually that score might mean the game is actually worth a damn.
You're talking to the wrong person because I haven't played a single "AAAAA 9/10 Experience" type game this year. Games like Spider Man, God of War and whatever games you seem to be ranting about aren't on my radar. This year some of the best games I've played were Tormented Souls, Remnant II, Stasis: Bone Totem and Shadow Gambit. That doesn't change the fact I think Alone In the Dark here looks like a subpar, overly-cinematic (and ironically aping poorly aping current AAA trends) jank fest in the vein of The Sinking City, another game that didn't look great in trailers but I gave the benefit of the doubt and womp womp.

So in short, I have no idea how you arrived at the millionth cliche anti-woke rant this week because I think Alone in the Dark doesn't look good.

Top Bottom