• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alpha Protocol is available once again, DRM-free – only on GOG

deathsaber

Yeah, this game is jank, buts also some of the best "pure choice" based storytelling in gaming. So much replay ability based on what you do, the order you do it, obviously the paths you take etc. Be a hero, be a psychotic jerk- it's all rewarding.

Biggest issue is the action gameplay, which isn't great- but if you want easy street for the combat- go the stealth pistol route, where you pretty much just cue up mega critical hit damage headshots from cover and steamroll everything from safety. My first playthrough was as a shotgun guy, and that was sooo NOT the way. Bosses were damn near impossible, but stealth-pistol boy just melts everything.

Majukun

Top on my list of games that deserve a remake... Fuck just remaking games that were already good but just with prettier graphics, they should remake buggy games like this one that had a lot of incredibly cool stuff in it that deserves a second chance

Soodanim

Gold Member
I'm convinced just by the sheer amount of effort that went into getting this game back with improvements. Anything worth that much time has to be worth my money.

Dazraell

Already had it on Steam, but double dipped. Seems like GOG made a lot of cool improvements to made it more playable on modern hardware

Woah!
Awesome. I have it on ps3 disc, but always wanted it on pc, but it was gone off steam.
Wish it was steam for steam deck though.
Oh well I can still play via my pc or steamlink.
Thank you, will be buying asap.

This game was so underrated and got dinged by the "its not doing headshots" crowd who wanted a shooter not an rpg.

Neon Xenon

Alpha Protocol has been in my Steam library for a while, but I never got around to it. But I always took note of the cult following the game had, even years later. Thankfully, I can redownload it whenever I want on Steam, and I'm happy I was able to snag it for very cheap before the game got delisted, which I don't like seeing happen to good games (or even just interesting games like AP).

So the fact that there was a push to get Alpha Protocol back in circulation on at least one platform in GOG makes me want to get it. The fact that this re-release has a lack of DRM and some extra work put into it with things like modern compatibility is a fine bonus. Cheers to game preservation.

Krathoon

Didn't the original CD version have some kind of annoying DRM on it that you had to crack?

I remember something about that.

Top Bottom