• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alternative to Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philia

thin-mints-package-black-kid.jpg

The cookie we all know and came to love. I've found the alternative!

I found a box at Kroger for 5 dollars and it caught my sweetie by surprise that it tastes just like Girl Scout cookies and after having a few myself, I couldn't help but agree. I then look up on reviews to confirm my suspicions... I was correct. I like how they look nearly identical too lmao.

Reviews from their Website

Reviews from Amazon

Not myself or my sweetie could dispute this taste now. I thought I share this love for girl scout cookies with you guys with another awesome delicious alternative.

Chuckl3s

Every time this year, when I visit wal-mart I feel like I'm going to get gang raped by girl scouts to purchase their cookies.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I like to buy 40 boxes of these and shove them in their fucking faces on the way out the door. Stupid bitches trying to learn shit and do activities and stuff. I don't think so.

Ekdrm2d1

I thought keebler was the supplier of girl scout cookies...

Ha. Really? That would make sense as they taste identical.

So Keebler make them, the Girl Scouts just slap their logo on them, and some profits go to Girl Scouts. Is what I assume.

Edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keebler_Company
Keebler-Wyl Bakery became the official baker of Girl Scout Cookies in 1936, the first commercial company to bake the cookies (the scouts and their mothers had done it previously). By 1978, four companies were producing the cookies.[3] Little Brownie Bakers is the Keebler division still licensed to produce the cookies.

mindblown.gif

drspeedy

Ha. Really? That would make sense as they taste identical.

So Keebler make them, the Girl Scouts just slap their logo on them, and some profits go to Girl Scouts. Is what I assume.

Ok, that's true. BUT- let's be honest, you don't make iconic products for someone for years without learning a thing or two.

The Girl Scouts do make the profit (which is kinda the point of selling something), and they in turn use the proceed to benefit millions of children all over the country. So c'mon, give the kids the what, $20/year premium for a few boxes of really tasty cookies?

The rest of the year... free market rules, gentlemen.

mollipen

Problem is, there's two completely different types of Thin Mints, depending on where you live and which company they're produced by. I love the Thin Mints that we have back home (Midwest, I think it's ABC something as the producer), where as the ones here on the West coast I find terrible.

Ekdrm2d1

Problem is, there's two completely different types of Thin Mints, depending on where you live and which company they're produced by. I love the Thin Mints that we have back home (Midwest, I think it's ABC something as the producer), where as the ones here on the West coast I find terrible.

omg.gif

So that explains the differences between the Caramel DeLites and Samoas. Two different names for the same cookie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girl_Scout_cookie
Caramel DeLites (ABC)/Samoas (LBB)

Again, mindblown.gif

drspeedy

Interbake owns ABC Bakers (America's Best Cookies).

But you're right. the Girl Scouts Contract Manufacture their cookies, so there is no one "GS Cookie Factory". And many of those baking companies also contract manufacture for other businesses... like, say, Back to Nature.

Another spoiler:
Back to Nature is owned by Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom