• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I crazy, or is Diablo 4 kinda meh?

whyman

I'm lvl 53 with my barb and I'm bored as fuck... It takes ages to kill stuff, it's slow and I hate to see random players in the open world, just let me play with my friends please ? And I won't talk about itemization cuz Tg89 said it all.
Actualy, I miss Diablo 3 where I could feel powerfull and measure my progress through rifts... I might go back to D3 (D2 is way too old).
Im lvl 54 as a barb in world tier 2. Im blasting through enemies, like 0,5 sec kill. Are you on WT3 or higher? It’s a very different game, I have a lvl 22 two handed weapon on me still as it had insane stats boosts for example. Almost only using dual wield, no whirlwind.

Schmendrick

the nonsense about "not feeling powerful due to level scaling" strangely always comes with "bad itemization"-claims.
Meanwhile there are hundreds and hundreds of yt vids showing off endgame massacres with a gazillion of different builds and I´ve been mowing down enemies 10 levels above mine during the campaign on WT2 alrdy.
Some people should stick to CoD, Item-Builds with synergies and a Skilltree are obviously too hard......and that is before the true uniques start dropping in wt3 which make a lot more varied builds possible.

Not liking a game is ok, tastes differ after all, but maybe stick to facts instead of making them up......

Last edited:

Djin1980

Neo Member
Im lvl 54 as a barb in world tier 2. Im blasting through enemies, like 0,5 sec kill. Are you on WT3 or higher? It’s a very different game, I have a lvl 22 two handed weapon on me still as it had insane stats boosts for example. Almost only using dual wield, no whirlwind.
I can clear dungeons in WT3 with ease but it's slow with lot of downtimes when the shoots are on cool down. The pace picks up a little but after you start collecting sacred items though.
the nonsense about "not feeling powerful due to level scaling" strangely always comes with "bad itemization"-claims.
Meanwhile there are hundreds and hundreds of yt vids showing off endgame massacres with a gazillion of different builds and I´ve been mowing down enemies 10 levels above mine during the campaign on WT2 alrdy.
Some people should stick to CoD, Item-Builds with synergies and a Skilltree are obviously too hard......and that is before the true uniques start dropping in wt3 which make a lot more varied builds possible.

Not liking a game is ok, tastes differ after all, but maybe stick to facts instead of making them up......
Please... Do you suggest D4 requires a high level of IQ or skills set ? xD
Everybody can replicate a build from maxroll, you just need to be lucky with drops and be (very) patient.
A "gazillion build" ? Really ? From what I can tell, there is only one viable build for barb at end game and it's Whirlwind, Rend can work but it's so far behind, so yea not a great variety of builds.

Last edited:

Djin1980

Neo Member
Sorry for the double post (can't edit the previous one) but the last Krip video sums up pretty well the current issues with the game :

Basicaly everything is slow or/and cumbersome, the UI, the grind, the TTK, the itematisation...

The example he gives in which the only time players can one shot the bear is at the beginning of the game, later, even at level 100 it will be almost impossible to one shot this bear. So this is a big problem and has nothing to do with players "too dumb" to figure out a crappy itematization.

So yea OP, you're far from crazy ;)

Last edited:

Boneless

The example he gives in which the only time players can one shot the bear is at the beginning of the game, later, even at level 100 it will be almost impossible to one shot this bear. So this is a big problem

Cannot one shot bear, big problem. :')

Also, Kripp probably already has a 100 hour in the game and yes, by then you will see improvements points which he is mentioning.

jcorb

I honestly agree with the OP, Diablo 4 just kinda feels "fine", but definitely not exciting. I think they're really missing the part where in both D2 and D3, the player characters are AWESOME and BADASS.

In fact, it really sticks out to me that the player models are also used for a lot of enemies and NPC's. It kind of lends to the feeling that "you're no one special". Which, if that's what they want to do, that's fine. But I think that having these cool, heroic classes that are all "in their prime" is very much part of Diablo's success, and it feels sorely absent in D4.

NinjaBoiX

The Diablo games always looked fairly cool to me, but I’ve never started one as they’re apparently designed to be a complete time sink right down to the nuts and bolts.

Too many games to play to get involved in something like that unfortunately.

ToadMan

Diablo games are ones I love to
hate - at least in so much as I buy them
and hate myself for playing them!

They’re totally mindless to me - in D4 I’m just about lvl 50 necro and I just breeze through opponents on WT2. Just a simple AoE build with selected complimentary outfit - deliberately haven’t watched/researched any builds or anything so I’m certainly not optimal.

So I just listen to podcasts or watch YouTube since the sounds are annoying and repetitive. I’ve literally played D4 one handed while using my phone -

I guess they’re as close to those free to play mobile grind games as I want to get.

Luckily SF6 is much better, I still have TOTK to get through, and FF16 is soon. I probably won’t have the interest to bother with the season stuff in D4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom