• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.com and the 360, something fishy.

Xun

Jon_Danger said:
Please!!! Won't somebody please think of the children!?
HelenLovejoy.jpg

watership

Bending_Unit_22 said:
Wow, I haven't paid enough attention to new 360 sku's it seems. I had no idea there's been 9 to this point (of course I know not at the same time) with new one(s) coming apparently. So why isn't the Halo edition discontinued yet? I can't imagine it's still in production, still have units from the first run in MS warehouses maybe?

2 years and 9 SKUs running behind the curve for most systems.

J-Rzez

1. New skus
2. 360-slim or other kind of hardware revision
3. both points 1 and 2

I really doubt that they're just that behind of production, though didn't some articles mention that they flooded the market with stock in October or something? I dunno, I would think they're clearing out the storage houses for new product.

Rolf NB

Okay, so here's the deal for the new SKU:
*Blu-ray drive built-in
*30GB hard-drive for even more fun with the whole family
*50$ more expensive than current Premium
*standardizing on Undertow as the new default pack-in game

bcn-ron said:
*Blu-ray drive built-in

day one

B-Ri

bcn-ron said:
*Blu-ray drive built-in

:lol

Flakster99

A hardware redesign, ala PS2slim, with all the bells and whistles of the Elite would close the sale.

A kick ass Banjo and Too Human game would utterly seal the deal.

Metalmurphy said:
Cause it's still the same technology?

It's not like they can you know... had SD support to the PS2 now.

well, sony is milking the PS2, i'll give you that. but with the PS3 you can use every storage on the planet, no matter it's official or not.

but the price for MS gadgets for the 360 are just :lol

Metalmurphy said:
Cause it's still the same technology?

It's not like they can you know... had SD support to the PS2 now.

I'd be willing the bet the interface to the actual storage is probably written generically, in that if Sony wanted to they could have it write to whichever medium they want through in that cart.

bcn-ron said:
*Blu-ray drive built-in

The console war is over!
Sony is victorious!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm gonna go with the common prediction of a new configuration, with gta bundled, at the same prices as before or lower. Going for the angle that if you're going to buy a system for gta, you may as well go for a 360.

That, or, buy gta, sign up for Xbox Live for a certain minimum period, get a 360 free :p

gofreak said:
I'm gonna go with the common prediction of a new configuration, with gta bundled, at the same prices as before or lower. Going for the angle that if you're going to buy a system for gta, you may as well go for a 360.

That, or, buy gta, sign up for Xbox Live for a certain minimum period, get a 360 free :p
When will Microsoft show off wath they got for those 50M$ dollars btw? That ought to be enough to finance the whole game. Is it possible they bought exclusive marketing and bundle rights? If all they got was episodic content, the episodes have to be MASSIVE.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Cool Hand Luke said:
When will Microsoft show off wath they got for those 50M$ dollars btw? That ought to be enough to finance the whole game. Is it possible they bought exclusive marketing and bundle rights?

I think it's a given they have exclusive marketing rights.

Bundling rights? Maybe, but..you can't really stop retailers bundling a game with a system or PS3.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
MS has no more 360s to repair, so they have to restart the production lines which had been halted for months.

Hypno Funk said:
I imagine it's Amazon just changing their stock, perhaps they know something, but I would doubt it.

So yeah, that N-gage 2 eh?

imagine our position. it's weekend and we're sitting in front of our computers and looking for a meaning in life. "what, amazon made something 360 related? GAF am doomed!!"

tanod

when is my burrito
If there was a new Microsoft SKU anywhere close to release, we would definitely have retail sources leaking information. Microsoft seems to just have completely dropped the ball on their production situation.

Either way, if they did put out a new 360, it should have built in wifi and a 40GB hard drive and cost $300 or $350. They can keep selling the 120GB hard drive separately but they should get rid of all their other SKUs.

Top Bottom