• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon DD Sales Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Edit: Nevermind, I remember all those haters in the Steam thread. Tony doesn't deserve that.

Why Darksiders 2 DLC - Shadow of Death it's so expensive? $4.99 I would like to have this armor, I love it! :(

And about Tony... man I love that guy, he's doing a great work here!

Nelo Ice

Banned
In general, it's very difficult to be both good at public relations and a cool guy to exchange forum banter with.

You do one, and you're going to hurt the other.

There were/are plenty of community managers that post here and some only post in threads related to their site/game and none of them have gotten the shit Tony has.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Tony was doing just fine until that incident in which some people forgot to treat him as a GAF member first and an Amazon rep second. Unfortunately. Now he doesn't post here at all so I hope they're happy.

What exactly happened?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Can't help but wish for that perfect deal after finding out I had that credit :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Wait, was there some other event that happened after the Steam thread thing? Because Tony continued posting after the Steam thread thing. He stopped posting here kind of randomly.

And let's not get things twisted either: what happened in the Steam thread made sense. You can claim a double standard with other community manager types or try to say the Steam thread people are zealots all you want, but it simply doesn't make sense to post random, unrelated things (which ultimately benefit your job) in threads.

I like Tony and I like and appreciate what he does here, but let's not twist or contort the truth or the policies of this place just to make a broader point about groups of people here.

With that said, I think the last thing Tony would want is for this stupid argument to be brought up again. It's annoying from all sides.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Wait, was there some other event that happened after the Steam thread thing? Because Tony continued posting after the Steam thread thing. He stopped posting here kind of randomly.

And let's not get things twisted either: what happened in the Steam thread made sense. You can claim a double standard with other community manager types or try to say the Steam thread people are zealots all you want, but it simply doesn't make sense to post random, unrelated things (which ultimately benefit your job) in threads.

I like Tony and I like and appreciate what he does here, but let's not twist or contort the truth or the policies of this place just to make a broader point about groups of people here.

With that said, I think the last thing Tony would want is for this stupid argument to be brought up again. It's annoying from all sides.

Again sorry for bringing it up. First thing that stupidly popped into my head since people were asking where Tony went seemed like there was more backlash besides the initial incident.

Because Tony continued posting after the Steam thread thing. He stopped posting here kind of randomly.

I'm not going to comment on this a whole lot more because, as morningbus pointed out, it isn't productive.

This mentality, expressed with less maturity (thanks for keeping your opinion cool morningbus) is why I only post here in sporadically and usually in response to questions.

To be clear, I was posting not just in the Steam thread, but in other random threads about a wide variety of topics.

There was a battery of arguments around whether or not I should post about deals we were running, or random stuff (like the tattoo thing, or the XCOM livestream I did with Jake, or the Borderlands 2 party we had with Take 2 and Joystiq).

My response to this was "cool guys, I won't participate in the community as a gamer who is willing to talk to you about what being in the industry is like and the kinds of stuff I do". This spawned yet another round of conversation around whether or not I was "actually in the industry", at which point I stopped posting.

There isn't a negative connotation to any of this by the way, I'm happy to pop in here from time to time and answer questions about what sales we're running, when we're running them, when coupons expire, etc. But I'm not popping in every day to just chat like I do on CAG, which is what drives a bunch of the community/conversation over there.

If you want to play video games with me, get invited to parties, hear about me getting tattoos with guys from Take 2/2K, watch live streams of various games, hear about Q&A, etc. I'll still be doing all of that, most of you know where to find me :).

EDIT: Again, to be 100% clear, posts like this aren't an attack or anything, just a clear explanation of my stance. I'm not some talking head spouting off marketing speak at you, I'm a dude who loves video games and gets to work with them every day. I try to be as transparent as possible with you because, ostensibly, you all are the same.

Cheers,
Tony

Tess3ract

Banned
To comment on this, I will say that, by and large, Gaf has been much more hostile than CAG so I keep most of my posts limited at this point, answering questions and what not without adding too much color.

It's a shame, I'd love to be able to interact more here but it always seems to incite some REALLY negative commentary from some of the folks here.

Cheers,
Tony
Tony my man, you should really pm the mods when that happens. I'm sure they'd love to hand out some bans to the people acting like dicks to you. I know I sure would.

Speevy

Banned
Well for what it's worth, I've never seen a community manager go so far to make people happy.

You answer every question, no matter how many times it has been asked, and regardless of whether you actually can.

Hey my friend Tony, do you know if there will be a Darksiders II DLC deal? I would like to buy the Darksiders 2 DLC - Shadow of Death (and some other DS2 dlc) but I think that's a but expensive!

Thank you! ;D

I'm not going to comment on this a whole lot more because, as morningbus pointed out, it isn't productive.

This mentality, expressed with less maturity (thanks for keeping your opinion cool morningbus) is why I only post here in sporadically and usually in response to questions.

To be clear, I was posting not just in the Steam thread, but in other random threads about a wide variety of topics.

There was a battery of arguments around whether or not I should post about deals we were running, or random stuff (like the tattoo thing, or the XCOM livestream I did with Jake, or the Borderlands 2 party we had with Take 2 and Joystiq).

My response to this was "cool guys, I won't participate in the community as a gamer who is willing to talk to you about what being in the industry is like and the kinds of stuff I do". This spawned yet another round of conversation around whether or not I was "actually in the industry", at which point I stopped posting.

There isn't a negative connotation to any of this by the way, I'm happy to pop in here from time to time and answer questions about what sales we're running, when we're running them, when coupons expire, etc. But I'm not popping in every day to just chat like I do on CAG, which is what drives a bunch of the community/conversation over there.

If you want to play video games with me, get invited to parties, hear about me getting tattoos with guys from Take 2/2K, watch live streams of various games, hear about Q&A, etc. I'll still be doing all of that, most of you know where to find me :).

EDIT: Again, to be 100% clear, posts like this aren't an attack or anything, just a clear explanation of my stance. I'm not some talking head spouting off marketing speak at you, I'm a dude who loves video games and gets to work with them every day. I try to be as transparent as possible with you because, ostensibly, you all are the same.

Cheers,
Tony

try pming bishpotl or evilore. I don't think ad-hominem attacks are allowed on neogaf.

K' Dash

What happened in that steam thread was a new low for some members at the time, not going to generalize but some people acted like real assholes and werent punished, I've been banned for a lot less.

I love Tony and keep up with his posts at CAG, Thanks to his awesomenes Amazon got a lot of my money lately.

Well for what it's worth, I've never seen a community manager go so far to make people happy.

You answer every question, no matter how many times it has been asked, and regardless of whether you actually can.
I'm not one that goes around licking boots, but i fully agree with this statement. Amazon gamer shows a dedication and love for his job that its comendable and to top it off it benefits customers significantly. He stays in touch with people, this is the type of employee companies should strive for.

I'm been sincere here btw.
What happened in that steam thread was a new low for some members at the time, not going to generalize but some people acted like real assholes and werent punished, I've been banned for a lot less.

I love Tony and keep up with his posts at CAG, Thanks to his awesomenes Amazon got a lot of my money lately.
I didn't find a missconduct on his part there, since it was the equivalent of any random poster trying to help fellow members by pointing out places which sport better deals. I.E., like we have when someone recomends a game fromm Gren Man or Gamer's Gate.

As I said before, Tony is doing a great job here, he's respectful, it's a nice person who doesn't deserve to be treated like some gaffers did in the steam thread, but I must say that there's a lot of gaffers that like Tony, so he's not alone! :)

scitek

Tony, maybe a separate account can be made for you to blend in with the crowd better when you're not working and just wanna chat.

GamerTony or something lol

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
To comment on this, I will say that, by and large, Gaf has been much more hostile than CAG so I keep most of my posts limited at this point, answering questions and what not without adding too much color.

It's a shame, I'd love to be able to interact more here but it always seems to incite some REALLY negative commentary from some of the folks here.

Cheers,
Tony
C'mon Tony, don't let some fools bring you down! You managed to secure many awesome deals, while all they could do was troll and say stupid things. So don't hate us all, please.

Oh, and if you could get a sale on Spec Ops (like $10 or so) you'll get a purchase from me ;)

Edit: Nevermind, I remember all those haters in the Steam thread. Tony doesn't deserve that.
Don't forget about the guy who started ranting bullshit about how Tony didn't have a gaming tattoo, which made him take a pic of it and upload it here. Totally unnecessary, and I can't really blame Tony for wanting to avoid hostile territory.

Sye d'Burns

Cheers,
Tony

It's a real shame how you've been treated by some. I haven't been to CAG in ages, but I may have to check it out sometime. I guess I'm just posting to add another notch in the "you're appreciated and missed" column.

Hey Tony,
Everyone gets burned by the Gaf for something. Dont take it to heart. Your work is appreciated and asking actual customers what they want is an awesome business model digital distribution sites should mimic.

Love you!
-Al

scitek

Yeah Tony should make an alt account. The mods usually love that

Well, I don't mean for him to personally just go and make another account, I was thinking like a special case, or maybe just a name change. I don't like him posting all over the board using the Amazon name, personally. It's honestly hard to not see the company he works for right there and think "there's no way he can say anything bluntly or honestly because he's ALWAYS representing his company."

I don't think it's fair to him, either, because he'd obviously love to be a member of a community like GAF, but people jump down his throat like he stated, and he really can't ever just speak bluntly about something without running the risk of further scrutiny. Plenty of members here work at places that, were their employer placed right in their username, would also likely receive some backlash for participating in certain discussions.

Tess3ract

Banned
Scitek, I can't agree with you.

How is it any different than a mod posting in a thread? They're still a member of the community, and should be treated the same.

He's not going to say anything bad obviously, do you want him to get fired?

At the same time, he's not just a mindless shill.

scitek

Scitek, I can't agree with you.

How is it any different than a mod posting in a thread? They're still a member of the community, and should be treated the same.

He's not going to say anything bad obviously, do you want him to get fired?

At the same time, he's not just a mindless shill.

sp3000

Hey Tony, just wondering if you are planning to offer Worms Revolution for a digital download on amazon, since I like to purchase from there instead of Steam

Meier

I guess I missed all the Steam thread shenanigans. That's really unfortunate because Tony has always been so cordial and helpful. I only ever post on GAF sadly (although I do have a CAG account).

One thing to keep in mind, Tony, is that the OT is generally quite different than Gaming. If you're looking to ever just shoot the shit, hit up some of the threads over there (especially the sports threads). Always good banter to be had. More often than not, people who post a lot in OT never even visit the gaming side.

Grief.exe

Cheers,
Tony

Oh wow.

Tony provides us with information, game keys, and basically previews as well. And this happens?

Come on Gaf? Just shut your mouth sometimes.

Oh wow.

Tony provides us with information, game keys, and basically previews as well. And this happens?

Come on Gaf? Just shut your mouth sometimes.

milla4neogaf9kz41.gif

FYI, in the spirit of keeping the conversation more active here, our deal of the week next week, starting Sunday will be:

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition + DLC
Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

+10% off Hitman Absolution for people who buy this bundle, or who have purchased those games from us in the past.

All of these games will be steam codes and you'll get an individual code per game in the bundle.

This is a stupid awesome deal...$1.42/game

Cheers,
Tony

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
FYI, in the spirit of keeping the conversation more active here, our deal of the week next week, starting Sunday will be:

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

+10% off Hitman Absolution for people who buy this bundle, or who have purchased those games from us in the past.

All of these games will be steam codes and you'll get an individual code per game in the bundle.

Cheers,
Tony

holy. fuck.

Addnan

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

Cheers,
Tony
Fuck.. Only need Blood Money from that, but otherwise would be all over it.

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

Cheers,
Tony
What.

Why do I own all of these games.
This is pretty much the best bundle in the history of videogames.

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

Cheers,
Tony

That is a stupidly good deal. Last Remnant by itself is never that cheap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom