• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Games is opening its first European studio, Amazon Games Bucharest, led by former Ubisoft Bucharest managing director

AG_Buch_1920x1080-1024x576.jpg

The first its studios to be opened in Europe, Amazon Games Bucharest will join other Amazon Games teams in Orange County, Montreal, San Diego and Seattle.

The studio will be led by Cristian Pana, former managing director at Ubisoft Bucharest. Pana has over 20 years of experience and previously worked on Far Cry, The Division, and Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora.
“I’m thrilled to join Amazon Games at a time when the team is actively building across an exciting roadmap,” Pana said.

“I’ve built and led outstanding teams in the past and I know this area of Europe is a hot spot for some of the very best talent in gaming.”
Cristian-Pana-headshot-768x432.jpg

Christoph Hartmann, VP of Amazon Games added: “Amazon Games is focused on developing and publishing great games, and we have an ambitious long-term roadmap in front of us.”

“Expanding our internal development teams into Europe was a natural next step for us as we tackle our broad portfolio.

“Bucharest is known as one of the top emerging European cities for game development and we look forward to tapping into the rich talent pool.”

Yoda

I think Amazon technically entered the gaming biz 14 years ago? Took forever to release a few games which were mid and/or sucked so bad they unlaunched? Solution? Hire someone from a game studio that hasn't put out anything good in a very long time?

Hudo

I think Amazon technically entered the gaming biz 14 years ago? Took forever to release a few games which were mid and/or sucked so bad they unlaunched? Solution? Hire someone from a game studio that hasn't put out anything good in a very long time?
To be fair, Ubisoft Bucharest did put out better stuff than Amazon Game Studios have so far. So it's an improvement.

Top Bottom