• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon is having an amazing sale on PC gaming gear (US Only)

adamy

Banned
Stolen from Slickdeals:

https://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/224539

Amazon is having a Twitchcon 2016 PC Gaming Event with select PC Gaming Gear at an additional 20% off when you apply promotional code TWITCHCON20 at checkout. Shipping is free w/ Prime or on $49 or more.

I'm grabbing these:

TP-Link AC5400 WiFi Tri-Band Gigabit Router (Archer C5400) $186.28
Must also "clip" the $40 off coupon on item page

Amazing deal on this badass router. Haven't ever seen it nearly this low.

HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset for PC & PS4 (HX-HSCR-BK/NA)
Needed a headset for a while and have read that these are better than the cloud ii?

Edit: direct Amazon link to everything on sale:

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=mh_mh_...22b-4de9-8681-afd07a9f94fe&pf_rd_i=8588809011

I'm in for the HyperX Cloud Revolver; I've had my eye on it recently. I'm going to replace my dusty Astro A40 2012 setup with it. I hope the HyperX Cloud Revolver's quality stacks up to the Sennheiser HD 598's that I got earlier this year.

Thanks for the heads up, OP.

amazing sale

Price: $116.99
You Save: $3.00 (3%)

patriots-head-coach.jpg

LCGeek

formerly sane
Thanks for the link.

Gonna snag at least a mechanical keyboard or two.

As for routers avoid the tp-link garbage, unless you want to spend time on custom firmware. X4 and above netgear routers all feature some form of anti buffer bloat tech in the QOS, which is a step above what most other companies offer or even have to begin with.

adamy

Banned
Thanks for the link.

Gonna snag at least a mechanical keyboard or two.

As for routers avoid the tp-link garbage, unless you want to spend time on custom firmware. X4 and above netgear routers all feature some form of anti buffer bloat tech in the QOS, which is a step above what most other companies offer or even have to begin with.

I've read about some of the potential issues but at $186 it's by far the best bang for your buck, at least for my needs

I don't need to buy a mechanical keyboard/gaming mouse because I bought that rainbow color mouse and keyboard. I'm a grown male and I go "Ooooh pretty" when I turn on my pc and the keyboard and mouse make all of these cool colors

LCGeek

formerly sane
I've read about some of the potential issues but at $186 it's by far the best bang for your buck, at least for my needs

I hope you put some custom firmware on it cause default tends to suck and it kills your QOS being useful since TP-link refuses to adopt FQ_Codel/Cake standards that have been proven the last few years.

No it's not illegal to use firmware on your tp-link devices, that is BS fud they have been making waves at for about a year.. Outside of that both are solid like I mentioned I just trust netgear more especially on custom firmware where accessing your routers deeper features tend to be locked out on tp-link routers vs other brands.

I don't have any issues with it myself besides the mentioned otherwise it kills in wifi bandwidth and features.

I've been looking for a new mouse. So given the deal, I can get the Razer Mamba and the Logitech G502 for the same price essentially. Which one would you guys recommend?

I've been looking for a new mouse. So given the deal, I can get the Razer Mamba and the Logitech G502 for the same price essentially. Which one would you guys recommend?

You will find fans of both here, but for my money, the G502 is the best mouse you can own right now. Tons of buttons, easily customizable, very comfortable.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I also would like some keyboard recommendations, my current keyboard is literally over 10 years old and I've been meaning to replace it.

Viewtiful

I have the G502 and it is the best mouse I've ever had. If you have no need for a bunch of MMO side buttons on the mouse and don't need a wireless mouse, I would recommend it.

Eyeron

Good timing. I'm in the process of building a new PC. Very interested in the Hyper X headset. I have the Sennheiser PC 363D in my cart but wouldn't mind saving a little, as long as the quality compares favorably.

Top Bottom