• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PR: Pokémon Sun & Moon and Final Fanasy XV for PS4 the best selling games

Over the holidays.

Link.

Part of them going over all the best sellers. The video game part:
Video Games: Pokémon Sun - Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Moon - Nintendo 3DS, Final Fantasy XV - PlayStation 4
If each Amazon.com customer who purchased Pokémon Sun and Moon this holiday spent at least an hour a day playing the game since its release, our customers would have spent the equivalent of more than 24 thousand lunar cycles capturing Pokémon.

If you want info on non-games it's at the link.

Edit: Can a mod fix the title? Should be Final Fantasy...

cordy

Banned
Proud of XV tbh. I knew Pokémon would sell but XV needed this. Maybe they'll hit those sales goals.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
FFXV (PS4) has pretty much been the #1 selling game on Amazon Canada ever since it released.

Battlefield 1 got close but I dont think I saw anything else on top for the whole month.

Edit: Just checked, FFXV is #2 right now. Mafia 3 is the best seller at the moment which it should be, seeing as its on sale for $20.

Totally deserved. Pokemon Moon might just have been my favourite game this year, and while FFXV had some rough edges, on the whole it's a really solid game.

Kayant

The last Prime Now order delivered in time for the holiday was delivered at 11:59 p.m. on December 24, 2016 to a Prime member in Irvine, California. The order included a Heated Mattress Pad, NyQuil and Afrin Nasal Spray.
Damn prime coming in clutch.

FFXV has passed Uncharted 4 sales on Amazon US for the whole year and that's for the PS4 version only. It's the second best selling game in 2016 after Pokemon. The 40 dollars price point certainly helped a lot, but this is a fantastic success as far as Amazon is concerned. I'm really optimistic about the December NPD number, shall we get one.

Shock32

Good for FF15 I had fun getting the plat. One of my favorite games this year. I also keep forgetting this came out on XB. I seriously has to Google it to see what the cover looked like.

Shock32

FFXV has passed Uncharted 4 sales on Amazon US for the whole year. It's the second best selling game in 2016 after Pokemon. The 40 dollars price point certainly helped a lot, but this is a fantastic success as far as Amazon is concerned. I'm really optimistic about the December NPD number, shall we get one.

My two favorite PlayStation games this year they both deserve to be there.

Unknown?

Good for FF15 I had fun getting the plat. One of my favorite games this year. I also keep forgetting this came out on XB. I seriously has to Google it to see what the cover looked like.
It's looking like a Type-0 split for XV. I'm honestly surprised XV is becoming a juggernaut though. I mean passing UC4 in such a short time is a feat. That game did very well but bundles probably reduced how much it sold individually.

Memento

FFXV has passed Uncharted 4 sales on Amazon US for the whole year and that's for the PS4 version only. It's the second best selling game in 2016 after Pokemon. The 40 dollars price point certainly helped a lot, but this is a fantastic success as far as Amazon is concerned. I'm really optimistic about the December NPD number, shall we get one.

What?

How?

Maybe I am not understanding this right but I cant see how this is possible...

Fularu

Banned
What?

How?

Maybe I am not understanding this right but I cant see how this is possible...
Those are Amazon sales of individual skus

It doesn't include bundles (and which would dwarf ffxv's numbers)

Also FFXV has been discounted by 33% ever since it came out

Those are Amazon sales of individual skus

It doesn't include bundles (and which would dwarf ffxv's numbers)

Also FFXV has been discounted by 33% ever since it came out
UC4 has been out since May and has been discounted as well.

The only way it adds up is if FFXV has done very, very well on Amazon.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm genuinely surprised with how well ffxv is doing, it got some good review but not like omg best game ever reviews, maybe the ff brand is still pretty strong

I'm more curious about the ration between the X1 and PS4 versions.

While not a direct sales comparison, there was a post in one of the PAL threads about a site that looks into what products are seeing the most interest from consumers and for FFXV it was 93:7 in favor of the PS4 version.

I feel like FFXV is the kind of game that people would be more willing to buy on Amazon than Uncharted 4. That feels more like the kind of game people would buy at a store. Plus by the time the holidays came around it was super easy to get ahold of used copies or bundles. Meanwhile FFXV came out just around the big holiday rush where it was both new and there were plenty of deals going around for savvy buyers.

SOR5

Probably in the "might as well call it a PS4 exclusive" range.

Yeah mate I'm sure SE would happily cut nearly a quarter of their overall sales on the game

Do-you-value-IT.jpeg

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
It's amazing that Final Fantasy still even exists as a AAA JRPG series. XII, XIII, XIV, and XV were all incredible clusterfucks of development and, by all rights, should've relegated Final Fantasy to a F2P mobile cash-grab turd.

Glad to see XV succeed. Here's hoping that S-E has learned from their experiences.

Boke1879

That's really impressive. Don't know what this means for numbers in the US as a whole, but it does seem like FFXV has been in the top 10 hours charts since it's release.

farisr

Here's the best selling games of year from amazon's top 100, removed the accessories and standalone consoles, separated by platform, included the console bundles that had games with them.

1. Pokemon Sun - 3DS
2. Pokemon Moon - 3DS
3. Final Fantasy XV - PS4
4. PS4 Bundle with Uncharted 4
5. Uncharted 4
6. Madden 17 - XB1
7. Madden 17 - Ps4
8. Skyrim - PS4
9. COD Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition - PS4
10. Fifa 17 - PS4
11. The Division - PS4
12. Battlefield 1 - XB1
13. Skyrim - XB1
14. PS4 bundle with Black Ops 3
15. Battlefield 1 - PS4
16. COD Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition - XB1
17. GTAV - PS4
18. No Man's Sky - PS4
19. The Division - XB1
20. Twilight Princess HD - Wii U
21. Overwatch - PS4
22. Doom - PS4
23. Just Dance 2017 - Wii
24. Fifa 17 - XB1
25, Gears Of War 4 - XB1
26. Minecraft - XB1
27. Ratchet & Clank - PS4
28. FFXV Deluxe Edition - PS4
29. Fallout 4 - XB1
30. Battlefront - XB1
31. Overwatch - XB1
32. Fallout 4 - PS4
33. The Last Of us Remastered - PS4
34. Xbox One S bundle with Battlefield 1
35. Rise Of The Tomb Raider - PS4
36. Pokken Tournament - Wii U
37. Uncharted Collection - PS4
38. COD Black Ops 3 - XB1
39. COD Infinite Warfare - XB1
40. Doom - XB1
41. Watch Dogs 2 - PS4
42. Battlefield 1 Early Enlister - PS4
43. GTAV - XB1
44. Pokemon Sun and Moon Dual Pack - 3DS
45. Far Cry Primal - PS4
46. Dishonored 2 Limited - PS4
47. Rainbow 6 Siege - XB1
48. Forza Horizon 3 - XB1
49. COD Black Ops 3 - PS4
50. Overwatch - PC
51. COD Infinite Warfare - PS4
52. Minecraft - Wii U
53. Minecraft - PS4
54. Persona 5 Take Your Heart Edition - PS4
55. MLB The Show 16 - PS4
56. Halo 5 - XB1
57. Titanfall 2 - XB1

Edit: made some mistakes, fixed as far as I can tell.

Boke1879

It's amazing that Final Fantasy still even exists as a AAA JRPG series. XII, XIII, XIV, and XV were all incredible clusterfucks of development and, by all rights, should've relegated Final Fantasy to a F2P mobile cash-grab turd.

Glad to see XV succeed. Here's hoping that S-E has learned from their experiences.

14 now is actually pretty good and clearly has a consistent playerbase.

While I didn't like 13 and I do think it damaged the series reputation. 13 sold well initially and did spawn two more games.

Congrats on the success.

Here's the best selling games of year from the amazon's top 100, removed the accessories and standalone consoles, separated by platform, included the console bundles that had games with them.

Was Nintendo hardware supply constrained? I know Amazon carried the black N3DS and white N3DS...

Philippo

Congrats to Tabata, he will finally get some much deserved rest! FFXV ENDING SPOILER
the one in the logo is him not Noct

I hope SE is smart enough to ride on the wave of XV's success, releasing FFVIIR Ep1 soon and annoincing XVI close, it has to release before the end of the gen oherwise all this hard work to gain back some popularity will go to waste.

Top Bottom