• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon pre-sold out of Wii Fit.

GhostSeed

(old?) I just noticed this today.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VJRU44/?tag=neogaf0e-20
20i6iat.png

Redd

This keeps getting better and better. If I hate the game I have a great chance of making all my money back and then some if I want to sell my Wii Fit.

Taurus

Hmm, creating artificial shortages to create hype for the product? I think I've seen this before...

Year of the Wii Fit!

madara

Lol, this feels suspiciously like the days of nintendo cartridge shortages the more wii news we get. :lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Once I started hearing that gym's want to put this in I started thinking how badly some people may be underestimating Wii Fit

It was the same here in Germany with Mario Kart. Amazon said that new Preorders are sent the week after release when new games are in stock.

Wii Fit was also sold out last week and the new stock was ready to ship on friday, the week after release.

Since Amazon can basically front-end for any small business I'm sure they'll have more before launch but I'm still glad I got my pre-order in back when it was $69 :D

They do honor that price don't they?

Taurus said:
Hmm, creating artificial shortages to create hype for the product? I think I've seen this before...

Year of the Wii Fit!

yes, when they tried to make us believe the PS3 was supply constrained. The difference here is that, in this case, it's true

33335519.gif

Caesar III said:
W H A T ?

dude, you're so lucky :( we paid 86€, that's about double the price.

We'll see how lucky I am when it actually ships but I just checked and it still shows $69 on my order. I must have still had Amazon prime back then too cause it's also free 2 day shipping.

I haven't looked into it but I'm pretty sure I remember someone saying that they honor whatever price you preorder for unless the final price is lower.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Expect all the Walmarts in the US to be renamed "Wiimarts" for a week after Wii Fit launches, if the UK is anything to go by.

Gaborn

SovanJedi said:
Expect all the Walmarts in the US to be renamed "Wiimarts" for a week after Wii Fit launches, if the UK is anything to go by.

They should call them Wii-Mart Super Mario Store

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I thought Amazon wasn't really a useful measure to track how games are selling in comparison to each other? In reference to Titikablingapat, of course.

SovanJedi said:
I thought Amazon wasn't really a useful measure to track how games are selling in comparison to each other? In reference to Titikablingapat, of course.
It's a good trend indicator. Halo 3 and COD 4(360) was easily outselling SMG last year.

I just find it odd that no version of GTA IV hit the number one spot at all, not even on release day. Halo 3 was already on the number one spot a month before release and a few weeks thereafter.

Same with COD4. SMG did, too, but the spotlight was much, much shorter.

Top Bottom