• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Prime Store Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else get this email?

We're excited to introduce the Amazon Prime Store Card, an upgraded Amazon.com Store Card available only to Amazon Prime members. With the Amazon Prime Store Card, cardholders can earn 5% back* every day on purchases less than $149 (issued as statement credit) and choose between 5% back and promotional financing on purchases of $149 or more.**

3-17-2015%2B3-18-37%2BPM.png

3-17-2015%2B3-25-58%2BPM.png

Essentially: 5% back for <$149 vs 5% back for >$149 or Free financing >$149

Kallor

5% back and just pay things back quick. Free money.

Especially if you make bigger orders. I've gotten $40-60 back on orders and it was pretty nice. Free financing is nice if you're gonna take all year to pay things back though.

FinKL

I assume the promotional financing option is interest free?

If you buy something for $100 on Amazon, they'll give you $5 back with this credit card.

Yes, had to find the fine print

2. 6-Month Special Financing Offer: No interest if paid in full within 6 months. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional balance is not paid in full within 6 months.For new accounts: Standard variable purchase APR is 25.99%. Minimum interest charge is $1.50. The APR is accurate as of 3/1/2015 and will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate (as defined in your credit card agreement). Existing cardholders should see their credit card agreement for their applicable terms.

3. 12-Month Special Financing Offer: No interest if paid in full within 12 months. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional balance is not paid in full within 12 months. For new accounts: Standard variable purchase APR is 25.99%. Minimum interest charge is $1.50. The APR is accurate as of 3/1/2015 and will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate (as defined in your credit card agreement). Existing cardholders should see their credit card agreement for their applicable terms.

4. 24-Month Special Financing Offer: No interest if paid in full within 24 months. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional balance is not paid in full within 24 months. For new accounts: Standard variable purchase APR is 25.99%. Minimum interest charge is $1.50. The APR is accurate as of 3/1/2015 and will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate (as defined in your credit card agreement). Existing cardholders should see their credit card agreement for their applicable terms.

5. 12 Month Equal Pay Offer: 0% APR until paid in full. 12 equal monthly payments required. Subject to credit approval. Applies to a qualifying purchase (and all other items on the order) made during the promotional period with an Amazon.com Store Card. For new accounts: Variable purchase APR is 25.99%. Minimum interest charge is $1.50. APR is accurate as of 3/1/15 and will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate (as defined in your credit card agreement). Existing cardholders should see their credit card agreement for their applicable terms.

APR is 25.99% according to their terms. That seems high to me, especially since only our Cap One card is anywhere near that high.

Az987

all good things
I didn't get an email :( Are you already a regular store card member? I just got a chase amazon credit card so I probably shouldn't get a store card so quick.

Edit: and almost all rewards/cash back credit cards are high interest rates, guys.

OH SHIT I WAS THINKING ABOUT GETTING IT AND NOW THEY MADE IT BETTER FOR ME. Still have to wait until I get some credit history since I'm a recent college grad :'(

The wait is excruciating

Wag

They give new Prime members $40 on the card if you sign up right now. I'm tempted to do this, but I'm not sure if I want to have another credit card for no reason.

Soooo I have a Visa amazon rewards card getting POINTS back that I can use towards future purchases..

Is this the same but more points back or stacked on each other or something completely different??

:( I'm terrible with these things..

Allforce

Which card is this for? I know they offer two different cards.

I have the Amazon Rewards Visa from Chase that I've used for about 3 years now, bought a PS4 at launch for $0.00 just by using reward points which was awesome. Never carried a balance on it, always just pay it off every month. Right now that's at 3% for anything purchased at Amazon.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
HxedpK9.png

Hahaha holy shit. Do yourself a favor and only get this card if you are 100% positive you will pay it off IN FULL every month. That is the highest interest rate I've seen in quite some time.

I recently stopped shopping at Amazon. Glad I did, to be honest.

I don't understand this are you proud about usually paying more and being inconvenienced?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha holy shit. Do yourself a favor and only get this card if you are 100% positive you will pay it off IN FULL every month. That is the highest interest rate I've seen in quite some time.

This should be the advice for ALL credit cards.

Tripon

The interest rates suck hardcore on this card, but if you just make sure to pay on time, it won't affect you.

wingwah

Banned
HxedpK9.png

I don't understand this are you proud about usually paying more and being inconvenienced?

Their customer service has gone to shit. All my things arrive damaged 50% of the time including a TV I recently bought–and yes, it's due to poor packaging.

So yes, I'm proud to not ever shop at a shithole like Amazon. I don't mind paying a few dollars more even though Amazon is normally more $$.

RoadDogg

They would need to give me 5% on non-amazon purchases too for me to switch from Discover. Or at least offer free Prime for using their card. It's a good deal for anyone who buys most stuff from Amazon, but it isn't a great way to entice new customers to switch.

giga

They would need to give me 5% on non-amazon purchases too for me to switch from Discover. Or at least offer free Prime for using their card. It's a good deal for anyone who buys most stuff from Amazon, but it isn't a great way to entice new customers to switch.
It's a store card. It's meant to complement your Discover, not replace it.

RoadDogg

It's a store card. It's meant to complement your Discover, not replace it.

Getting a unique credit card for every store you shop at isn't a great idea. I know most people have multiple cards but I stick with 2 max. The few extra % return possible isn't worth the hassle of managing multiple bills/payments. Too many people are in debt because of store cards.

Syriel

APR is 25.99% according to their terms. That seems high to me, especially since only our Cap One card is anywhere near that high.

That's pretty standard for store cards.

But APR doesn't matter if you pay off your balance in full each month.

HxedpK9.png

That's the only smart way to use a credit card.

Never spend more than you have.

Always pay it off in full.

Get the discounts/rewards and be happy.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I have both the Amazon Visa and the store card, which I haven't used in forever. I haven't gotten this offer yet, but I recall hearing that others received something similar last year; seems like a really slow, targeted roll-out. The cash back offer would easily be the better option for me, since I rarely carry a balance, but I get 5% back on Amazon purchases anyway with my Sallie Mae MasterCard, so...

Their customer service has gone to shit. All my things arrive damaged 50% of the time including a TV I recently bought–and yes, it's due to poor packaging.

So yes, I'm proud to not ever shop at a shithole like Amazon. I don't mind paying a few dollars more even though Amazon is normally more $$.

Customer service gone to shit?

Everytime I get something lost or damaged, I chat with their customer service and within seconds they are doing what I need (Refund, free 1-day reship, etc...). Their customer service is among the best I have EVER dealt with, no bullshit if you're an honest loyal customer.

Jzero

I can't even get their shittiest tier card. That's what happens when you only own one credit card.

I have a 740 score and I pay my card right away. I got it a year ago though so maybe that's why.

With a report like that I couldn't see why they wouldn't accept you. I'm gonna wait until July/August before I apply for either the credit or the store card (6 months golden rule hopefully) before I apply.

My only guess would be that maybe you've had a lot of 'hard' credit requests such as applications for credit reports or a service requesting it. But that should technically affect your score. So unless they're wary about somebody with a very new credit life, which according to Credit Karma isn't that high of a priority for calculating your score so I don't see why they'd look past that, I don't know why they would have denied you. Especially when a quick google shows people with scores of 500-600 getting the store card.

Well the good news for myself I guess is that even if I'm really tempted to apply now for one, it would be a horrible idea. I'll wait until August. I'll just have to keep making payments to my current credit card early as to keep the balance at 30% maximum.

I'll see how the prime card turns around the ratings, because as of right now the ratings for the store card aren't too stellar compared to the VISA credit card. Decisions decisions.

I wish they would go the route Target did and offer the same benefit on a debit card. My wife and I use the Red debit card and get 5% off at the register.

Alex

Customer service gone to shit?

Everytime I get something lost or damaged, I chat with their customer service and within seconds they are doing what I need (Refund, free 1-day reship, etc...). Their customer service is among the best I have EVER dealt with, no bullshit if you're an honest loyal customer.

Yeah, my experience with Amazon is still extremely positive. Nothing else even comes close.

I didn't get an email about this, but it is listed right there when I go to the credit cards section on Amazon, complete with a $40 Amazon gift card if accepted.

Carl2282

Would this be upgrading the chase card? Or reapplying for a new one? I can't get hit with an inquiry since I'm mortgage shopping this month :/. I love my amazon card now, the interest rate is balls but the points are like free video game money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom