• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

when we change our billing addresses to a US one doesn't that make our credit cards invalid? Or does the purchase go through like normal?

As you can tell I'm a noob at this.

edit: never mind, reading is fun

Awesome. Jumping on the Bioshock pack when its available! Just gotta sus out how to purchase it from Australia :D

EDIT: I understand what to do, just haven't done it before.

anddo0

Binary Domain - Will be $9.99 during the July sale

ALL IN ON THIS ONE

I said wow! I'm there.

DagsJT

Will pick up Binary Domain too, unless Steam matches the price in the meantime.

I'm just hoping Amazon keep putting multiple deals on at the same time as my bank charge me £1.50 for each transaction from Amazon US. Buying a few games soothes it but buying one title and the game becomes less of a bargain.

Binary Domain is on the short list of games I wanted to see discounted during the Summer Sales. I didn't think it would drop that much, though.

EVERYONE BUY BINARY DOMAIN WHEN IT GOES ON SALE! IT WILL ACTIVATE ON STEAM.

The game is a fucking blast. I did not regret my purchase at $40. The campaign is structured in such a way that multiple playthroughs will always be fun. And the music is fucking awesome for a shooter. AWESOME.

If you don't buy it you are a terrible, terrible human being and the games industry deserves to die at your shitty hands.

/hyperbole

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I hadn't even heard of Binary Domain until this thread.

Anyone care to sell me on it? Why is it so heralded?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I hadn't even heard of Binary Domain until this thread.

Anyone care to sell me on it? Why is it so heralded?

I've heard of it, but always thought it's a completely generic cheapo 3rd person cover shooter clone, is it really actually a great game or is this just a GAF thing?

I've heard of it, but always thought it's a completely generic cheapo 3rd person cover shooter clone, is it really actually a great game or is this just a GAF thing?

I don't know. It'll all come down to what you like personally. It and Vanquish are my favorite shooters of this generation though. It's over-the-top action with a decent story and the combat is so satisfying. Not many shooters make it actually feel good to attack to me, if that makes sense.

Binary Domain: the game where you can talk to your AI teammates by saying phrases the game recognizes (whether the mic will recognize most is another issue entirely). Each character will react differently depending on what you say. The shooting is as smooth as the knife that cuts your wrist after you play it and realize how much of a fool you are because you had never heard of the game.

You kill robots. Lots of robots. You can shoot their heads off so they can't tell friend from foe to make them shoot each other like idiots, just like GAF posters. You can shoot their legs off and watch them crawl on the floor, desperately trying to reach you; or you can shoot one leg off to make them hop, hop, hoppity hop. All limbs are fair game.

The music is fuckawesome.

The story is not why you should be playing the game, but it's okay. A nice twist or two.

My favorite phrase to say on mic: "Love you"

One result:

charlieorientation.png

I don't even like shooters very much, but I fell in love with this game. At $10, it's a steal.

CTE

Tony and Amazon pulling the rug out from under Gabe. This winter should be interesting if Amazon plans to do a sale, too. Some competition is always nice.

BD is such a great deal at $10 as others have said.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Tony and Amazon pulling the rug out from under Gabe. This winter should be interesting if Amazon plans to do a sale, too. Some competition is always nice.

BD is such a great deal at $10 as others have said.

O they will. Last winter they pulled off some crazy shit as well. Not to mention giving us $5 credits for buying which in turn netted a ton of cheap or free games.

Ceebs

Binary Domain just did not click with me at all. The M/KB controls felt WAY off and I can't play those kinds of games with a controller.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
As someone who never plays shooters, I can definitively say that Binary Domain is the best third-person shooter this generation. Bought it on PS3, I'll buy it again on PC. It'd be nice if the multiplayer was populated though, so hopefully this Amazon deal rekindles the game's online, if only for a week.

Default key layouts are shit iirc. I found one that worked flawlessly for me. Game's real good with m/kb.
What scheme are you using?

As someone who never plays shooters, I can definitively say that Binary Domain is the best third-person shooter this generation. Bought it on PS3, I'll buy it again on PC. It'd be nice if the multiplayer was populated though, so hopefully this Amazon deal rekindles the game's online, if only for a week.

What scheme are you using?

BDkeys.png

And I completely agree about the online. A week would be nice.

And just so you guys know, there's a demo for the game on Steam. No excuses! Go try it out. It's what sold me on the game.

Ok, everyone's telling "just add a US Billing address" but no one actually provided the necessary info on how to do it properly.
Do I put my own name on that address or some "John Smith"? What about phone number?

AlexBasch

And just so you guys know, there's a demo for the game on Steam. No excuses! Go try it out. It's what sold me on the game.
I'm bookmarking your post. I really liked the demo, except for the extremely clunky keyboard layout, this seems a lot more like it.

And yes, I'm jumping on this deal like hell, let's help the devs people! :p

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Ok, everyone's telling "just add a US Billing address" but no one actually provided the necessary info on how to do it properly.
Do I put my own name on that address or some "John Smith"? What about phone number?

Use Fantasystreet in Delaware and use your real name because of the credit card. Do you really need a phone number for amazon?

Use Fantasystreet in Delaware and use your real name because of the credit card. Do you really need a phone number for amazon?
I used some address from Newark, Delaware.
But I can't add the billing address because it's asking me for a phone number. :/

Pachael

Missed the big Paradox pack first time round so will be back for the second. This + BD would make it a good month for sales :D

Des0lar

will learn eventually
I used some address from Newark, Delaware.
But I can't add the billing address because it's asking me for a phone number. :/

Then use fake phone number. I have been doing this for years no prob.

Does anyone know if you can turn on Japanese voices on Binary Domain PC?

very good question, I am interested also

edit: found this in the RPS forums:
chlorine said:
p.s. the PC version does not have the Japanese language options.. It would be good hearing Kurosawa and Shindo speaking in Japanese.

bummer :/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
very good question, I am interested also

edit: found this in the RPS forums:
bummer :/
That sucks. Apparently the PS3 version has the Japanese track, but the 360 version (that I finished twice) doesn't. I wouldn't mind double dipping if it had the Japanese track, but I guess I'll pass.

Man, this is gonna put a dent in my wallet. That's what you get Valve - you snooze you lose.

When is this "midnight" that the sale hopefully goes live for us on the other side of the pond? We need a number damnit.

Top Bottom