• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK delivery on Bank Holidays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

So I need to order some stuff from Amazon UK, but it's a Bank Holiday long weekend, meaning my work is closed and I'm at home. Amazon's site claims they can deliver stuff tomorrow, but can they really?

Tomorrow is Good Friday, which is a Bank Holiday in the UK and generally means no postal deliveries. Does anyone have experience of Amazon actually successfully delivering things on a Good Friday Bank Holiday?

It basically changes where I'd need to have the stuff delivered. If they can deliver it here then I'll have it sent here, but if they can't then I'll need it to come to work, but not till Tuesday.

if you got prime it should get delivered I think.

and if they don't they're breaking guarantee, therefore free prime. yay

Danj

if you got prime it should get delivered I think.

and if they don't they're breaking guarantee, therefore free prime. yay

I don't have prime, I can't afford it right now as they don't have a monthly payment option, only a yearly one. I know they have a free trial but I can't afford the payment next month either.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I don't have prime, I can't afford it right now as they don't have a monthly payment option, only a yearly one. I know they have a free trial but I can't afford the payment next month either.
You can cancel before the trail runs out.

Metalmarc

I ordered a parcel last night, but even tho it should come tommorow im not going to be upset if it don't come until Saturday because of knowing its good Friday. I don't even know if other delivery services are running maybe you could ring? Or speak to someone on the online chat?

Dougald

Very unlikely. Bank holidays are not working days so "next day" generally does not include them.

Amazons own courier service does deliver on Sundays though so it's not outside the realms of possibility, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

RulkezX

It's put luck whether you get it next day at the best of times.

If they ship via DPD you're great, if it's Royal Mail or Parcelforce them is time to cross your fingers and pray.

I'd be surprised if anyone is delivering tomorrow, but as long as it's not Parcelforce/RM you would get it Saturday or Sunday.

danowat

Banned
So I need to order some stuff from Amazon UK, but it's a Bank Holiday long weekend, meaning my work is closed and I'm at home. Amazon's site claims they can deliver stuff tomorrow, but can they really?

Tomorrow is Good Friday, which is a Bank Holiday in the UK and generally means no postal deliveries. Does anyone have experience of Amazon actually successfully delivering things on a Good Friday Bank Holiday?

It basically changes where I'd need to have the stuff delivered. If they can deliver it here then I'll have it sent here, but if they can't then I'll need it to come to work, but not till Tuesday.

Pretty sure my PS4 came from Amazon on a bank holiday, I'll check........

Edit: nope, not a BH, it came on a Sunday.

I think certain couriers will deliver on BH's and Sunday, but not all of them, and certainly not royal mail

Danj

I ordered a parcel last night, but even tho it should come tommorow im not going to be upset if it don't come until Saturday because of knowing its good Friday.

Oh, they deliver on Saturdays too? So if delivery fails tomorrow I can expect it on Saturday?

colafizz

Neo Member
Depends on the service they send it by. I've got a UPS parcel not coming till Tuesday. Royal mail will be delivering again on Saturday. DPD is likely your best bet, god tier courier in my experience.

Theonik

It's a shame they don't let you choose what courier they send your stuff by.
Yes, they used to mostly do DPD with mine and it was always a fantastic experience. They switched to Royal Mail at some point last year and it's been pretty awful. They haven't made their 1 day delivery guarantee once since then always 48hrs or more.

Jezbollah

Amazon do take notes to allow you to eliminate carriers you don't want to use if it means you wont stop shopping with them.

Yodel is one of those carriers they will never use after a bad experience with them at Christmas. It's worth chatting with them to see if they'll only use DPD (which I agree, is god tier)

Metalmarc

Oh, they deliver on Saturdays too? So if delivery fails tomorrow I can expect it on Saturday?

Yes i have had lots of parcels from them on Saturdays and tommorow is classed as normal delivery day even with the royal mail.

These are the only days of no delivery with the royal mail this year, i think other delivery firms follow the same holidays. And royal mail don't deliver sundays neither.

http://www.royalmail.com/service-update/bank-holidays

1 January - Thursday New Year's Day No collections or deliveries
3 April - Friday Good Friday bank holiday No collections or deliveries
6 April - Monday Easter Monday bank holiday No collections or deliveries
4 May - Monday Early May bank holiday No collections or deliveries
25 May - Monday Spring bank holiday No collections or deliveries
31 August - Monday Summer bank holiday No collections or deliveries
25 December - Friday Christmas Day No collections or deliveries
28 December - Monday Boxing Day bank holiday No collections or deliveries

Good luck and hope you get your parcel soon.

If you get Amazon Logistics, they deliver every day of the week. I've had stuff arrive on Sunday and I'm expecting stuff to arrive today as well. Of course the downside is it's Amazon Logistics, so you might never see your parcel at all.

Hasney

If you get Amazon Logistics, they deliver every day of the week. I've had stuff arrive on Sunday and I'm expecting stuff to arrive today as well. Of course the downside is it's Amazon Logistics, so you might never see your parcel at all.

Yup, been shocked with packages on a Sunday before. Wouldn't be surprised if they even deliver Easter Sunday.

Danj

Of course the downside is it's Amazon Logistics, so you might never see your parcel at all.

Yeah this is what I am afraid of, the "let's put a note through his door so we can claim we tried to deliver and we don't have to refund the delivery but let's not actually deliver the parcel" bullcrap.

Kayant

More than likely you have Amazon Logistics delivering OP whether or not they decide to deliver your parcel today is a different thing ;p the greatness and downside that is Amazon Logistics.

Slightly off topic - Does Amazon still use other couriers because I haven't seen anything but Amazon Logistics for more than a year now? (free saver delivery or through prime trials)

Edit -

From amazon -

Cairnsay

Banned
Yeah, just ordered Bloodborne last night, using the free Prime trial I am getting it tomorrow. The 'Next Day' option was showing Tuesday due to the bank holiday.

I'm waiting on something from Amazon Logistics to be delivered today. According to the tracking info it was loaded onto a van this morning in Bristol and is "out for delivery".

Danj

I'm waiting on something from Amazon Logistics to be delivered today. According to the tracking info it was loaded onto a van this morning in Bristol and is "out for delivery".

Yeah I have that as well, I'm in Cambridge and it was loaded onto a van at 8:20am in Milton Keynes. It's less than 50 miles away, van driver must be going really slow or have lots of other deliveries.

EDIT: OK, my stuff just turned up. So I guess they do deliver on Good Friday. Cool.

Yeah I have that as well, I'm in Cambridge and it was loaded onto a van at 8:20am in Milton Keynes. It's less than 50 miles away, van driver must be going really slow or have lots of other deliveries.

EDIT: OK, my stuff just turned up. So I guess they do deliver on Good Friday. Cool.

Mine just turned up, too (yay!). Hope everyone else in this thread expecting deliveries gets their stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom