• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amber Heard divorcing Johnny Depp

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only pattern I see is that people that have an interest in Depp's fortune paint Amber in a bad light. Even if she is a horrible person doesn't mean she deserves to be beaten. Unless what these people are actually wanting to say is that she hit herself. Which makes them just as horrible because if you accuse someone do it outright. And not this Depp is a nice guy, Amber is not BS.

This is what I'm saying. We do not know. Amber might have hit herself for all we know. Depp might have thrown the cell on her face, we don't know. Amber at least went partying after the incident with no trouble. Cops didn't find any evidence.

This story is not a new one. People just tend to overreact and take sides too fast.

We need to wait and see how this one goes.

And here's Lily-Rose defending Johnny:

http://www.thewrap.com/johnny-depp-...abuse-allegations-instagram-wonderful-father/

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
This is what I'm saying. We do not know. Amber might have hit herself for all we know. Depp might have thrown the cell on her face, we don't know. Amber at least went partying after the incident with no trouble. Cops didn't find any evidence.

This story is not a new one. People just tend to overreact and take sides too fast.

We need to wait and see how this one goes.

And here's Lily-Rose defending Johnny:

http://www.thewrap.com/johnny-depp-...abuse-allegations-instagram-wonderful-father/

There is so much that doesn't make sense on both sides here. I mean why would you even try blackmail when you literally own half of his money because you have no prenup? Why go partying after you are beaten (well, maybe it's better to go out than cry at home, IDK).

Trident

Loaded With Aspartame
There is so much that doesn't make sense on both sides here. I mean why would you even try blackmail when you literally own half of his money because you have no prenup? Why go partying after you are beaten (well, maybe it's better to go out than cry at home, IDK).

She doesn't own half his stuff. That's not how marriage laws work. At most she would get half of the marital property, which would exclude any money he had before their marriage (which began about a year ago). So very little of his actual assets are in play.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
This is a tough subject to discuss and I don't really want to get involved anymore a lot of things I've read on here I strongly disagree with and find kind of infuriating, but I just want to say that I truly believe Stanhope. He is probably one of the most honest people with any kind of fame I can think of. The dude just has never been a liar. If anything, he can come across very harsh and has burnt many bridges because of his honesty. The guy is also the opposite of greedy or self serving.

Unless there's actual clear video evidence, I'm going along with what Stanhope says. I'm not 100% ruling out Depp being uncharacteristic for one instance in his life. He could have done it. Stanhope wasn't there, no one else but those two individuals were. This could well be Depp proving Stanhope wrong.
But for now, I'm more confident in Depp not being abusive based on what Stanhope knows and believes.

And finally, I also believe that plenty of people here and elsewhere will truly think that if Depp is found innocent of the allegations it will be because he or Disney or another rich entity covered it up or sabotaged the investigation by paying off people. He will still be guilty because people are stubborn and unwilling to admit they were wrong. And that really sucks.

This is a tough subject to discuss and I don't really want to get involved anymore, but I just want to say that I truly believe Stanhope. He is probably one of the most honest people with any kind of fame I can think of. The dude just has never been a liar. If anything, he can come across very harsh and has burnt many bridges because of his honesty. The guy is also the opposite of greedy or self serving.

Unless there's actual clear video evidence, I'm going along with what Stanhope says.

Yeah Stanhope is legit.

Johnny still could've thrown a phone at her though, but the fact that the cops didn't see shit when they showed up makes the story kinda suspish.

And then there's a twist. Depp's friend accuses Amber of blackmailing. And like Depp's mother and sister, he also says that Amber is a horrible person.

http://www.thewrap.com/johnny-depp-...by-amber-heard-heres-how-i-know-guest-column/

There's a pattern growing here. Not taking sides yet, but this is why we don't lynch people when we don't know anything about the case.

hmm...i can see this being reputable too but honestly this is such a mess and a touchy subject that i hope we get some concrete info soon enough.

bomma_man

Just because Heard's an awful person (and she almost certainly is given her political views) doesn't make violence against her less serious or less likely.

KingJ2002

It's called a prenuptial, that's the word you're looking for.

lol... i guess a pre-nup can be structured in many ways. These days it should be required and only waived if both parties agree to be idiots... but even still marriage laws can also pick apart pre-nups... so a simple contract that doesn't require a marriage license but rather a simple notarized agreement between two parties that can be evaluated or dissolved in a quarterly or annual basis can allow for the high profile celebrity to get that commitment on paper and know they can walk away from it if things go bad.

Have you thought it through and actually want people who are being abused to just 'tune it out' and put up with it for life? Or are you just writing words?

Through thick and thing doesn't mean "through abuse and violence".

I was referring to her looking at Johnny while he's down on one knee and saying that she would not marry him knowing that he could put her life in danger. Through thick and thin with Johnny means dealing with a lifetime of physical and emotional abuse... that's something you don't sign up for.

Unless, you know, she was looking at more than just him as a person and thinking more about the lifestyle she was about to marry into.

You think she's going to take abuse from a broke / nobody version of Johnny Depp?

[andre3000]
"Man these girls is smart, Three Stacks, these girls is smart
Play your part...play your part."
[/andre3000]

Two Words

I mean, if you assume Depp is innocent, that immediately implies you believe that Heard is a liar.
It's less about what you believe and more about how you act. I don't get why so many people are acting like you HAVE to pick a person to believe by default. Can't we all just be comfortable with the fact that we don't know the truth either way?

SmokeMaxX

just to contrast the crying pic, this was the day after the crying pic

click her for TMZ

No comment on this whole issue as I don't have enough information to have an informed opinion, but not sure what this picture is supposed to prove? Either way, is she not allowed to have happiness? She's supposed to be miserable her entire life? She's supposed to cry when someone is trying to comfort her or someone is telling her a joke? A picture of her being happy/smiling means absolutely nothing.

no I agree it doesn't prove anything. I was just saying that because it was right after the lawyer meeting and her make up is on point to make it look makeup less and get the bruise to be hidden. Again he could be a piece of shit but going to my lawyers would not make me all smiles in my opinion.

I was referring to her looking at Johnny while he's down on one knee and saying that she would not marry him knowing that he could put her life in danger. Through thick and thin with Johnny means dealing with a lifetime of physical and emotional abuse... that's something you don't sign up for.

Unless, you know, she was looking at more than just him as a person and thinking more about the lifestyle she was about to marry into.

You think she's going to take abuse from a broke / nobody version of Johnny Depp?

[andre3000]
"Man these girls is smart, Three Stacks, these girls is smart
Play your part...play your part."
[/andre3000]
The fuck you're even talking about?

If the abuse is true, she is not taking it from Depp also and is divorcing him now. What has that got to do with money?

And how are people supposed to know beforehand they are going to get abused? You absolutely make no sense.

If the abuse is true, she is not taking it from Depp also and is divorcing him now. What has that got to do with money?

And how are people supposed to know beforehand they are going to get abused? You absolutely make no sense.

I dunno, quoting a lyric from a song should have explained his point in full.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Amber Heard claims there's a video so all these glowing character pieces from his friends really mean nothing if that's true.

DeathyBoy

Banned
She has some damn good friends that are willing to cheer her up when she's down. Good for her.

People online are the worst. Not you obviously, but the "she should be a broken down mess and here she is smiling ergo she's a liar" group.

She calls the police to report him for domestic violence and doesn't show them the video. Makes a lot of sense.
We don't know the full story. That is up to the police and court to sort out, not the public. There is zero reason for her to go public with the video. It would probably be even bad for the investigation.

mario_O

People online are the worst. Not you obviously, but the "she should be a broken down mess and here she is smiling ergo she's a liar" group.

I don't know if she's lying or not, but I don't get it. After going through something like that any sane person would be completely devastated. It's just crazy to be all giggles the very same day. There's something off about this girl.

mario_O

We don't know the full story. That is up to the police and court to sort out, not the public. There is zero reason for her to go public with the video. It would probably be even bad for the investigation.

You're not answering my question. ¿why not give the video to the cops?

You're not answering my question. ¿why not give the video to the cops?
At that moment she didn't want to press charges it seems. Later she filed for divorce. Maybe her lawyer wants to use the video later on. We don't know.

Let them figure it out and see what the court says before we judge either party at the moment.

The other poster says "release it". I said there is zero reason to release the video to the public.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I don't know if she's lying or not, but I don't get it. After going through something like that any sane person would be completely devastated. It's just crazy to be all giggles the very same day. There's something off about this girl.

People react differently and shield themselves. I grew up around abuse, and I spent most of my time trying to ignore it, and yeah that meant smiling and laughing shit off. Does that mean I wasn't dead inside? No, it does not.

dh4niel

You don't know who to believe with all this celebrity bullshit. I'd like to think Amber Heard is just nuts and making it all up. The marriage wasn't going well and she wanted out with a quick buck. I used to be a massive fan of Johnny Depp, not so much now.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I do trust a guy's word like Stanhope. But I think it's definitely possible for both Stanhope to be telling the truth and for Depp to still lose his mind and belt her. I mean, his story even said he left Depp before it happened.

DeathyBoy

Banned

I don't know what's to get, there's no standard MO for "abuse victims" despite what TV and film tells us

Goodstyle

I have to say that if any of the allegations are true then Depp is a scumbag.

image.php

The irony.

Keri

I think it says something that Amber Heard is the one being followed by photographers and having her every moment of emotion scrutinized. Where are the Johnny Depp photographs, where he's caught smiling in a moment, so that we can all extrapolate that he's a heartless psychopath? These pictures, showing one moment of someone's life, mean nothing. But why are they already targeting only one side of the story?

I think the reality is that, whatever the truth, unless Amber Heard has video evidence, these allegations are going to ruin her career and Johnny Depp will most likely be fine. And that fact is really disheartening.

Jigolo

I think it says something that Amber Heard is the one being followed by photographers and having her every moment of emotion scrutinized. Where are the Johnny Depp photographs, where he's caught smiling in a moment, so that we can all extrapolate that he's a heartless psychopath? These pictures, showing one moment of someone's life, mean nothing. But why are they already targeting only one side of the story?

I think the reality is that, whatever the truth, unless Amber Heard has video evidence, these allegations are going to ruin her career and Johnny Depp will most likely be fine. And that fact is really disheartening.
Johnny is currently on tour with his band the Hollywood vampires playing around the world at festivals and concerts (Possibly just Europe?)

https://youtu.be/Yzd5HHFkzKo

http://www.justjared.com/2016/05/27...io-after-amber-heard-files-restraining-order/

You're being ignorant if you think they're only snapping photos if amber.

Some of the silliness I am reading in this thread...

You really think the paparazzi aren't foaming at the mouth for Johnny Depp pictures right now?

"Is that Johnny Depp walking down the street? Mmm... normally I'd snap his pic for that TMZ money but I need to respect his privacy in these troubling times"

You really think the paparazzi aren't foaming at the mouth for Johnny Depp pictures right now?

"Is that Johnny Depp walking down the street? Mmm... normally I'd snap his pic for that TMZ money but I need to respect his privacy in these troubling times"

Yeah. He's on tour and you don't get to see any band members from big bands if they choose to remain incognito.

Keri

Johnny is currently on tour with his band the Hollywood vampires playing around the world at festivals and concerts (Possibly just Europe?)

https://youtu.be/Yzd5HHFkzKo

http://www.justjared.com/2016/05/27...io-after-amber-heard-files-restraining-order/

You're being ignorant if you think they're only snapping photos if amber.

I don't think the coverage here is at all comparable. TMZ releasing candid photographs captioned "Amber Heard All Smiles After Lawyer Pow Wow," is not comparable to a an ET segment covering Johnny Depp doing charity work...There's a clear difference in how the two are being treated by the media right now, likely because Depp is the bigger star (and more people want him to be right).

But they're not getting them, are they? Or, if they are, he seems to have a much better publicist, since he's getting charity work coverage right now, instead.

I don't think the coverage here is at all comparable. TMZ releasing candid photographs captioned "Amber Heard All Smiles After Lawyer Pow Wow," is not comparable to a an ET segment covering Johnny Depp doing charity work...There's a clear difference in how the two are being treated by the media right now, likely because Depp is the bigger star (and more people want him to be right).

But they're not getting them, are they? Or, if they are, he seems to have a much better publicist, since he's getting charity work coverage right now, instead.
Or maybe he is staying inside and out of reach, except for already planned meetings, while Heard was going to court and her lawyer.

Keri

Or maybe he is staying inside and out of reach, except for already planned meetings, while Heard was going to court and her lawyer.

I'm sure Depp has also been visiting a lawyer during this time and photographers are aware of his general location, given that he's on a tour. You are probably right that it's easier to find Heard, since she's still in L.A., but I still maintain the coverage is very different. He clearly has a better publicist than she does, right now, and that's probably going to make a big difference in the court of public opinion (separate from the truth).

bort

right here in exclusive pics that were posted before you posted asking where pics of him were
Johnny Depp Steps Out After Lily-Rose Depp and Vanessa Paradis Publicly Defend Actor

KingJ2002

Hard to understand? Let me simplify it for you.

1. Don't marry someone you know won't be a good partner. If the signs of abuse are there, signing up for a lifetime isn't smart.

2. The only reason these days someone would sign up to marry someone knowing the marriage is doomed to fail is if they have a good chance to benefit off of that failure. Is that Amber's motive? I don't fucking know, and neither do you or anyone else in this thread... so i'm not going further on that.

but I will reiterate my previous point in that stories like these prove people don't take the "lifetime" commitment of marriage as serious as they should... and that a pre-nup should be a requirement at this point.

save people from their own bullshit.

Did you literally Google if Bill Murray had ever abused his spouse to try and make some kind of point against me? Really? Because before today I had never heard of it and apparently it isn't even widely known about outside of a smoking gun report? And according to that report the abuse allegations were withdrawn by his ex wife?

Not sure how this has any relevance on my opinion that IF the rumours are true about depp then he is a scumbag?

If Bill Murray abused his wife then he is also a scumbag but since there is proof lacking in both instances I am simply stating IF either did those things then they are scumbags.

That's not a hard concept to grasp really is it?

You are very defensive of your avatar.

Keri

right here in exclusive pics that were posted before you posted asking where pics of him were
Johnny Depp Steps Out After Lily-Rose Depp and Vanessa Paradis Publicly Defend Actor

Posted in this thread or posted on the internet? I didn't see it in the thread but, either way, I suppose I'm glad that there's starting to be equality, in terrible media coverage. I hope they catch a picture of him smiling soon, so we can all discuss whether or not that makes him more likely to be abusive. (I don't actually hope this conversation happens, rather I hope that people realize that paparazzi photographs should mean little to nothing).

I am simply trying to understand why he felt the need to even include that and throw a shitpost my way as if I had any idea about what Murray had been accused of doing?

It felt unnecessary and was defensive in itself was it not?

And another drive by shit post, congratulations.
No one has done anything to you. Chill.

Hard to understand? Let me simplify it for you.

1. Don't marry someone you know won't be a good partner. If the signs of abuse are there, signing up for a lifetime isn't smart.

2. The only reason these days someone would sign up to marry someone knowing the marriage is doomed to fail is if they have a good chance to benefit off of that failure. Is that Amber's motive? I don't fucking know, and neither do you or anyone else in this thread... so i'm not going further on that.

but I will reiterate my previous point in that stories like these prove people don't take the "lifetime" commitment of marriage as serious as they should... and that a pre-nup should be a requirement at this point.

save people from their own bullshit.
And how would Heard now that Depp wasn't a good partner? At the time it might have been all roses and sunshine and Depp only laid his hands on her later (if the allegations are true).

People can't magically look into the future and see what is going to happen.

And your comment about lifetime commitments make no sense. Maybe she took it very seriously. That doesn't mean she has to put up with abuse just because she married the guy. Dumping his ass would be the right move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom