• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMC's Computer Drama ‘Halt and Catch Fire’ to Premiere in June

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

Series will explore the dawn of the PC era

The Wrap said:
AMC's upcoming drama “Halt and Catch Fire,” about the rise of the PC era in the 1980s, will premiere June 1 at 10 p.m., the network said Wednesday.

The series features “Pushing Daisies” alum Lee Pace, Scoot McNairy (“Argo”) and others.

Executive produced by Jonathan Lisco (“Southland”), who also serves as showrunner, “Halt and Catch Fire” follows an unlikely trio — a visionary, an engineer and a prodigy – who take personal and professional risks in the race to build a computer that will change the world as they know it.

“Breaking Bad” duo Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein are also executive producing the series, which is produced by AMC Studios.

This is actually my first time hearing about it. This and Turn look/sound very promising. Looking forward to their premieres. :)

Fury Sense

So glad AMC got into original programming. I wonder how it'll compare to HBO's Silicon Valley (obviously different settings, but similar audiences).

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
You know what they say about not letting yourself get fooled twice? Yeah, we're well passed that. Nice try AMC, but I'll be waiting on the reviews this time.

You know what they say about not letting yourself get fooled twice? Yeah, we're well passed that. Nice try AMC, but I'll be waiting on the reviews this time.

Same. Been through this too many times with The Killing, Hell on Wheels, The Walking Dead, etc.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So glad AMC got into original programming. I wonder how it'll compare to HBO's Silicon Valley (obviously different settings, but similar audiences).

Silicon Valley is a half hour comedy and this is a one hour drama, so I imagine they'll be pretty different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom