• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD claims there’s nothing stopping Starfield from adding Nvidia DLSS

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Meanwhile, in reality:

wfyldxr9iyab1.png
Any AMD loyalist want to explain this? Or show this to their PR?

DLSS, the far superior tech.

acm2000

Sounds like contract is to launch exclusively and after launch dlss could be officially added, probably after a specific window

nashman

My i9 12900 4070ti Im guessing 1440p everything max 70 fps with DLSS (3 months later)105.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Any AMD loyalist want to explain this? Or show this to their PR?

DLSS, the far superior tech.

That is a very incomplete list, made by nvidia fanboys, to pretend only AMD is doing bad things.
Here is something a bit more complete. Although not completely up to date, as there are games missing that don't have FSR2, like Amid Evil Black labyrinth and Baldur's Gate.

That is a very incomplete list, made by nvidia fanboys, to pretend only AMD is doing bad things.
Here is something a bit more complete. Although not completely up to date, as there are games missing that don't have FSR2, like Amid Evil Black labyrinth and Baldur's Gate.

LMAO yes the list made by Nvidia fanboys Hardware Unboxed

That spreadsheet was just a cleaner version of the results they found here

(Hardware Unboxed are pretty well known for having an AMD bias, so seeing them make a video like this is the equivalent of the Watergate scandal)

winjer

Gold Member
LMAO yes the list made by Nvidia fanboys Hardware Unboxed

That spreadsheet was just a cleaner version of the results they found here

(Hardware Unboxed are pretty well known for having an AMD bias, so seeing them make a video like this is the equivalent of the Watergate scandal)

Too many games missing on your list, yet you still claim it's accurate. Give me a break.

Reallink

Too many games missing on your list, yet you still claim it's accurate. Give me a break.
Is it just a coincidence that every "missing" game on your list happens to be Sony funded and subject to a Sony exclusivity contract? It's almost as if there is broad verbiage in Sony's contracts that might forbid any other kind of exclusivity agreement on title X, probably referred to by the generic "platform" (which would include PC). I guess small indie company AMD, Microsoft, and Bethesda (who certainly don't have army sized PR departments who sole purpose is to manage bad PR) just decided to let this circulate for 2 months as they coached a mouthpiece on how to doublespeak his way around this specific question and lie by omission.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Are you in the right thread? I guess you refer to FSR 3?

Because otherwise you know.. they could always support the upscaler of DLSS 3 (same as 2) and support >40% of RTX family present on steam hardware survey. Drop the mobile chipsets and potato computers that run counter strike for a minute, RTX dominates the landscape on PC. To ignore it for ~3-4% of AMD owners or low tier GPU pascal owners who are way outdated to play the likes of Starfield, the decision to ignore DLSS doesn’t make an ounce of sense.
Plus FSR3 can't be used on this game since it's 30 fps.

Ribi

"adding" is not equivalent to "releasing" me think. More PR speak, they could add it, nothing stopping that. But there is something stopping them from releasing that build. Love pr speak

Top Bottom