• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD subreddit moderator post on scalping is the best I've seen in ages

This is only going to make things worse.

Every interrupted auction where they can't sell the item immediately is another item that is delayed in getting into a consumers hand. Every delay means it takes that much longer for the market demand to clear. The longer the market deman takes to clear the longer elevated prices will exist. The longer elevated prices exist, the longer scalping will exist.

So have fun with that.

sn0man

There's nothing "free market" about scalping. The scalpers bot the shit out of websites and make it impossible for anyone else to buy anything.

Boycotting something is not a valid method to combat it because a boycott requires basically everyone agreeing to the boycott which obviously isn't happening since everyone is making purchasing decisions individually. Also you're falsely assuming that everyone who bitches about scalpers is buying from scalpers. They obviously aren't.

And again, scalping has nothing to do with capitalism.
Aren’t they just market makers, setting up a buy-sell spread? What could be more capitalist? /S

Both sides suck. Good on them for hitting the scalpers but Jesus the amount of consooming for these things is pathetic. Manchildren who can't tolerate waiting for stock to be there. Just leave your feedback and move on. You're just as bad as the Karens you bitch about. It's just a stupid product.

sn0man

This is only going to make things worse.

Every interrupted auction where they can't sell the item immediately is another item that is delayed in getting into a consumers hand. Every delay means it takes that much longer for the market demand to clear. The longer the market deman takes to clear the longer elevated prices will exist. The longer elevated prices exist, the longer scalping will exist.

So have fun with that.
But in the mean time isn’t the video card maker making more so the market supply is increasing slowly the whole time?

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Scalpers deserve nothing but the most painful death imaginable. Hang them and then rob them at gun point.

they deserve no less.

am I being sarcastic? I think so. I think,

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Well yeah, but if they were making more that quickly this wouldn't be a problem in the first place lol

The issue is that the scalpers can buy as many cards (via bots) as their financing/liquidity allows, so unless we're talking enough cards to saturate the market and then some (no manufacturer wants to over-supply vs demand), the whole scalping thing would not really change.

Last edited:
Top Bottom