• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Crime Story: Katrina production stalls; Versace to become season 2 instead?

tomtom94

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/americ...as-stalled-with-no-planned-shooting-schedule/

Ryan Murphy is making American Horror Story and American Crime Story series happen one after another, so it was only a matter of time when something got caught in the TV cogs.

Apparently, American Crime Story: Katrina, which was meant to air next year following on from The People vs OJ Simpson, hasn't even been prepped, despite already having actors signed up.

"That just kind of got stalled," director Anthony Hemingway told The Hollywood Reporter.

[...]

He added: "Nothing has really been done. We haven't started prep on it at all."

Originally, Katrina was meant to go into production around the same time as American Crime Story: Versace, but it seems showrunner Ryan Murphy has decided to focus all his energy on that one first, so it looks like Katrina will act as series three.

More at the link.

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit frustrated by this news, particularly since it's not honestly that surprising - the creative team have shown more interest in the Versace season pretty much ever since it was announced. But I really enjoyed The People vs OJ Simpson and when they announced they were working on a season about Katrina I thought that sounded like a really cool idea, and I didn't even mind having to wait until 2018 for it. Now it seems they're pushing it back and back in favour of the more traditional Versace (which doesn't interest me much at all outside of the casting) and I won't be surprised if the planned Lewinsky scandal season is going to be moved to season 3 as well.

Make a 10-part cable series about me if old.

Well at least something is coming from ACS, though it does bother me too it isn't the Katrina season and it isn't the same guys behind OJ either.

Top Bottom